· Home
· Band Pages
· Show Schedule
· The Forums
· The Final Cut
WEEKEND RECAPS 5/31/03 - DOUBLE FEATURE!
ROCKPAGE Forum Index » JP's Corner
previous topic :: next topic  
Jim Price

Post Posted: Saturday May 31, 2003 

WEEKEND RECAPS 5/30/03: DOUBLE FEATURE!

No, you’re not getting anything extra, it’s just that due to my unbelievably hectic past two weeks, I’m just now getting around to posting recaps for the past two weekends. This insane life I lead…Better late than never, enjoy…

FRIDAY NIGHT 5/16 – Interesting night for me…I began with my day job taking me to RJ’s Tavern in Bellwood, what a party place! After getting warmed up there, I headed back to the ‘Toona in search of live music action, and figured I’d stop by the 4D’s and check in with Juiced. When I arrived, though, the marquee didn’t say Juiced as it had earlier in the week, it instead listed the Ozone Babies. So inside I went to catch the new name in town this night. (Apparently, from what several Juiced fans in the house told me, Juiced never had this show listed on their website, but the 4D’s did.) From Berwick, Ozone Babies mixed current and classic favorites from all the familiar names, Godsmack, Puddle of Mudd, Beastie Boys, Good Charlotte, Bizkit, Def Leppard, Buggles, Outfield, Ramones, Poison, Disturbed, plus unexpected versions of Don Henley’s “The Boys of Summer” and a musical smorgasbord “medley from hell.” On the plus side, Ozone Babies were very solid on their instruments, and generated some good energy that fueled some lively dance floor action in the night’s later stages. But their vocals need some work; these guys could handle the midrange stuff respectably, but songs that required stronger singing voices were suspect. Bassist Barrett did a decent job on Quiet Riot’s “Metal Health.” But Ozone Babies’ energy level and enthusiasm were good, and that was enough to get folks on the dance floor and having a good time.

Drummer Plen of Ozone Babies.

Ozone Babies rock the 4D's Lounge.

Joe Kash of Ozone Babies.

Eric A. of Ozone Babies.

Again, Joe Kash of Ozone Babies.

Barrett and Joe of Ozone Babies.

Once again, Plen of Ozone Babies.

Bassist Barrett of Ozone Babies.

SATURDAY AFTERNOON 5/17 - Before heading out of town for the rest of the weekend, I checked in at the Westsylvania Arts & Heritage Festival (formerly the Blair County Arts Festival) at Penn State Altoona. I caught a tiny portion of Dr. Kwazi & the Islanders doing Caribbean-styled sounds, before proceeding to the main stage to check out Jambulay. A 7-piece band from Washington, D.C., Jambulay performed what they termed "Caribbean jam music," mixing reggae and island music with funk, R&B and extended instrumental displays. Some of Jambulay's more jam-oriented material wasn't too far removed from artists like the Dave Matthews Band or Rusted Root. The group featured coed vocals, a guitarist, keyboard player, bassist, drummer and marimba player. I recognized at least one Bob Marley cover during the set. Unfortunately, cold, cloudy and damp weather stunted attendance at the festival this day; and only a small audience took in Jambulay's set.

Jambulay entertains the chilly and huddled onlookers ad the Westsylvania Festival.

A bit of additional percussion during Jambulay's set.

Jambulay is joined onstage by an obtuse stalk of broccoli...err...Altoona Curve mascot Steamer.

SATURDAY NIGHT 5/17 - After departing the Westsylvania Festival, I hit the PA Turnpike and made my way to the Harrisburg area to attend two shows. The first of these was Funny Money with former Kix frontman Steve Whiteman, performing at the Tourist Inn in Hellam. This actually turned out being a Maryland double-bill, as Baltimore's Reckoning opened the night's festivities. This female-fronted foursome played heavy-geared current and classic metal. Front and center was Tammy Keith, a growler and snarler who applied her rugged voice to tunes from Godsmack, Drowning Pool, Metallica, Godsmack, Ozzy, White Zombie, Godsmack, Soundgarden, Disturbed, did I say Godsmack? (They should have called this band Gal-smack!) They also threw in at least one original tune, which was female-fronted heavy rock. As players Reckoning was solid and got the job done; the guitar player could adequately shred, and the bass and drums were leaden and pounding. The sound mix was a bit weighty and bass-heavy, and Tammy’s vox were lost in the mix a few times during the set. Tammy had to be corrected by the soundman when she twice referred to the next band as Kix instead of Funny Money. And with the audience there to see Funny Money and old-school 80’s era rock and metal, they responded well to the older-school material from Ozzy and Metallica, but were less enthusiastic in their response to the nu-metal tunes. Despite the tactical glitches, Reckoning did loosen up the Tourist Inn audience and get the night under way. Funny Money soon followed afterwards. The group opened up with one of their new party anthems, “I’m Your Whore,” with Steve Whiteman declaring to the stagefront audience that he was “proud to be your whore tonight,” and encouraging the crowd to insert monetary donations down his pants “stripper-style.” Logically, this led into “Girl Money,” one of several Kix songs Steve and Funny Money would perform. The group proceeded to mix it up between Funny Money and Kix originals, making no secret of Steve Whiteman’s famous former band. “You Rub Me The Right Way,” “Pick Me Up” and others meshed well with such Kix classics as “Cold Shower,” the 1988 hit ballad “Don’t Close Your Eyes,” “The Itch,” “Sex,” “Blow My Fuse;” and, for the encore; “Yeah Yeah Yeah.” I was pretty impressed with this current lineup Steve Whiteman has assembled: guitarists Dean Cramer and Louis Coppola, bassist Mark Schenker and drummer Sam Stilwell. Steve still has the energy, the voice and the gift of ad-lib; and like his previous band, Funny Money was nonstop fun and excitement from start to end. I was sold on them enough to go purchase their new live CD at the end of the night.

Tammy Keith of Reckoning.

Steve Nace of Reckoning.

Steve Kuhn of Reckoning.

Reckoning warms up the Tourist Inn crowd for Funny Money.

Steve and Tammy of Reckoning.

Three's a crowd: Troy Logan, Shel Hoachlander and Tommy get their 'kix' out of Funny Money at the Tourist Inn.

Funny Money takes the stage at the Tourist Inn.

Steve Whiteman of Funny Money.

Dean Cramer of Funny Money.

Again, Steve Whiteman of Funny Money.

Steve Whiteman and Mark Schenker of Funny Money.

A side view as Funny Money rocks the Tourist Inn.

Again, Steve Whiteman of Funny Money.

Again, Dean Cramer of Funny Money.

Sam Stilwell of Funny Money.

Once again, Dean Cramer of Funny Money.

Yeah Yeah Yeah! In the night's latter stages, Funny Money keeps 'em rocking at the Tourist Inn.

Once again, Steve Whiteman of Funny Money.

Once again, Sam Stilwell of Funny Money.

SUNDAY 5/18 - The other reason I was in the Harrisburg vicinity this weekend was the Black Thorn Entertainment-sponsored "Pennsylvania Premiere Performers' Showcase," taking place at the Whitaker Center in downtown Harrisburg.

Before I go on, a word about the person who put this event together, Black Thorn main person and my Pennsylvania Musician cohort Shel Hoachlander. If your rock band creating original music, serious about expanding your fan base, getting that music out there and heard across the state, you need to establish contact with Shel! This lady is as passionate about helping the original music scene happen in the Harrisburg area as I am about doing it here. Shel and Black Thorn put together shows like this one, also music industry seminars, networking events such as "Bowling with Bands" (where bands and fans can bowl together and network) and more. You can learn more about Black Thorn Entertainment via their website, www.blackthornentertainment.com.

The Whitaker Center is a huge multi-purpose complex located in Strawberry Square in downtown Harrisburg. It has performance stages, a science center, an IMAX theater and more. It is interconnected with the Strawberry Square Food Court, the Hilton Harrisburg & Towers (where the Millenium Music Conference is held), and the parking garage. You could probably spend a whole day just checking out the features in the Whitaker Center and Strawberry Square complex. The show this day was held on stage 2, located in the lower level of the Whitaker Center. The show itself took place in the hall area where Stage 2 is located; and a "Schmooze room" was also set up nearby, where musicians and special guests could enjoy snacks, a cash bar, network and enjoy unplugged music by one of this day's performers, the Sherri Mullen Trio.

Originally, the band Halestorm was slated to open the show and perform a set, but had to bow out of performing due to some behind the scenes reasons (all good, and to be revealed later this year). Instead, Halestorm lead voice Lzzy Hale kicked off the event by singing a stirring rendition of the National Anthem. She then brought up and introduced the new Halestorm line-up to the audience: guitarist Matt Grisco, bassist Phil Connolly, and of course, brother Arejay Hale.

Lzzy Hale lights up the Whitaker Center with her rousing rendition of the National Anthem.

The new 2003 model of Halestorm: Arejay Hale, Phil Connolly, Matt Grisco and Lzzy Hale.

Next, in lieu of a full Halestorm set, the Sherri Mullen Trio took the stage to perform some songs unplugged. Singer/songwriter/guitarist Sherri, bassist Doug Stockton and percussionist Ray Rossi played five songs, including three from Sherri's debut CD, "Mask," from last year - "Cinderella," "I Saw Her Face" and her patriotic rocker "Home of the Free." Sherri is a talented songwriter; and her tunes were each unique in style, tempo and flavor. She demonstrated a clear, rangeful voice that carried each song well. Before "Home of the Free," Sherri told the audience about "Operation Home of The Free," her campaign to get the song out to all of our service men and women stationed overseas. In the campaign, Sherri is urging fans to email a special link to any service people they know. The link leads to a free mp3 download of the song, which she hopes will inspire and show our servicemen that we are behind them back here at home. If you know somebody in the military and would like to help Sherri get the song out to them, the link is http://www.sherrimullen.com/freedownload.

The Sherri Mullen Trio.

Sherri Mullen.

Doug Stockton of the Sherri Mullen Trio.

Ray Rossi of the Sherri Mullen trio.

Sherri and her trio concluded their set, and relocated to the "Schmooze Room" area to entertain musicians and special guests in between band sets in the main stage room. With their equipment already set up, The Grimm took the stage quickly and launched into their set, mixing songs from throughout their discography. By the time they got through their opener "Enough" and started into "Suicide Knob" off the "Resurruption" CD, a number of fans had eagerly moved to the stagefront to cheer the band on. The band continued to mix old and new songs like "6's & 7's," "Flatline Part II," "Raise The Line," "Fade," "Black Sheep," and "Angry & Shirtless" to close the set. The Grimm were very much on target, tightly executing like a well-oiled machine. Singer Bob Lee was his usual fiery self, parading the stage and taking it to the crowd. The Grimm's strong performance set the tone early for what would be a day of impressive performances.

Kent Tonkin of The Grimm.

Big Bad Bob Lee of The Grimm.

The Grimm entertain stagefront onlookers at the Whitaker Center.

Kirk Tonkin of The Grimm.

After I headed to the "Schmooze Room" for a bite to eat and some songs from Sherri Mullen and her trio, I returned for my first look at Burning Blue, who was just getting under way. From the York/Lancaster vicinity, Burning Blue plays a hard-hitting brand of passionate, melodic rock. The group mixed songs from their two CD's, "Sessions" and their latest, "Seconds from Salvation;" including "Wicked City," "Time for Understanding," "Peace for the Reachin,'" "My Hypocrisy" and more. Burning Blue's focal point is frontman Randy Hock, a powerful, passionate singer who pours it all out on each song. He sounded strong throughout the set, and brought the house down on the set-closing rendition of "Battle Hymn of the Republic." Another highlight of Burning Blue's set was on the song "Turns Out Right," when bassist Kevin Kresge performed cello accompaniment. I was impressed with first encounter with Burning Blue live, as they stated their case as another strong original band from PA deserving of attention.

Chad Gossard of Burning Blue.

Randy Hock of Burning Blue.

Kevin Kresge of Burning Blue.

Again, Randy Hock of Burning Blue.

Donnie Knaub and Randy Hock of Burning Blue.

Kevin Kresge of Burning Blue dons a cello.

Burning Blue states their case onstage at the Whitaker Center.

Again I retreated to the "Schmooze Room" for more tunes from the Sherri Mullen Trio, and returned to the main room as Philadelphia's Lowjack commenced their set. I first saw this band back in February at the Millenium Music Conference, and was impressed with their brand of hard-hitting, melodic modern metal. Technical problems with the microphones interrupted Lowjack's set midway through, so I only got to witness 4 or 5 songs on either side of the delay; but what I observed sounded good. Lean mean rhythms laid down by drummer Andre Callihanna and bassist McClintock, heated and precise guitarwork from Jack Gillespie, and the abrasive lead voice of Kevin Diehl combined into an explosive presentation. I didn't catch song titles except for a song I already recognized from before, "Greasehorse." Despite the technical problems, what I heard from Lowjack was impressive, and I look forward to hearing more from this group in the future.

Jack Gillespie of Lowjack.

McClintock of Lowjack.

Kevin Diehl of Lowjack.

Again, Jack Gillespie of Lowjack.

Yet again, Jack Gillespie of Lowjack.

Andre Callihanna of Lowjack.

Again, McClintock of Lowjack.

Belting out the voice, Kevin Diehl of Lowjack.

Sherri Mullen and her trio entertain in the Schmooze Room.

Ray Rossi of the Sherri Mullen Trio gets some additional help on percussion.

Next on the bill was Harrisburg's Adrian Blitzer. The first time I saw this band was last summer at Firefest in Tipton, when the group had the honors of playing outdoors, in front of a new crowd, under blistering sunlight and 90-plus-degree temperatures onstage. For the group, that day was more survival than a show, and didn't really give an accurate representation what they were about. Here, under more favorable conditions, Adrian Blitzer demonstrated what they were really about, as they tore into their set of angry, raw, modern metallic originals off their two CD's, plus a few new songs. This band was tight and energetic as they fired through agitated originals like “Pushback,” “Let It Out,” “Inside The Mist,” the title track from their latest album “Surface” and more. Frontman Andy Smith was fired up and in-your-face the entire set (except for a short moment when Shel handed him a bunch of balloons, taking him by surprise), and guitarists Kevin Nelson and Brandon Finney, bass man Brian Finney and drummer Jeremy Kline hammered out the metallic aggression behind him. Adrian Blitzer offered up another powerful set, and another distinct sound and flavor worthy of attention.

Andy Smith of Adrian Blitzer.

Andy Smith and Kevin Nelson of Adrian Blitzer.

Singer Andy Smith of Adrian Blitzer is left holding the balloons…

Adrian Blitzer blitzes the Whitaker Center.

Kevin Nelson, Jeremy Kline and Brian Finney of Adrian Blitzer.

Jeremy Kline of Adrian Blitzer.

Again, Adrian Blitzer rocks down the Whitaker Center.

The final band of the day was Spinebelt. And while the crowd had begun to taper off as the day neared its end, Spinebelt did not disappoint those fans who stuck around. Most of the remaining fans (including members of the other bands involved, plus members of Harrisburg locals No Refill and Free Kawfee) moved towards stagefront and paid undivided attention as Spinebelt mixed tunes from their two CD’s. The pacing was tight, and the performances were stern and explosive as the group rocked through tunes such as the torrid “Change, Adapt, Evolve,” “Buckle & Strap,” “It’s All Running Out,” “Christopher Walken,” the current radio single “Losing All,” “The Politics of Breaking Down” and more. Highlights included the fiery percussion duel between drummer John K. and singer Butch Lloyd which initiated “Army Of One;” and the finale, “Needle, Prick,” when the group was joined onstage by No Refill frontman Vitu Chiwaka, who contributed his own fiery voice to the mix. As with the previous five bands onstage this day, Spinebelt too demonstrated a distinct style, sound and musical vision, and as with the other bands, the music fans in attendance bought into it hook, line and sinker.

Bill Atkinson and Butch Lloyd of Spinebelt.

Josh Warsteiner of Spinebelt.

Spinebelt continues their assault on the Whitaker Center.

Butch Lloyd of Spinebelt.

John K. of Spinebelt.

Bill Atkinson of Spinebelt…WOOOOAAARRRGGGHHHH!!!!!

Vitu of No Refill joins Spinebelt onstage.

Ultimately, that was the biggest triumph of this day. Black Thorn Entertainment set up this event as an industry showcase, yes (although less industry than expected showed up), but the event also enabled six original, distinct regional rock bands to reach new fans. Although the room was not packed by any means, those who did attend were there for the music, and most stayed around for much of the day. It would be safe to say that every band performing on the stage this day picked up a few new fans, and expanded their fan base. Six bands gave all onstage and played for keeps, and their original music reached new fans who appreciated it. Mission accomplished.

THURSDAY NIGHT 5/22 – Since my incredibly hectic day job schedule this night made it impossible for me to roadtrip to State College per my initial game plan, I took in Shift’s first City Limits appearance. Ironic that on this, the last Thursday that Claudio has a live band before switching to a deejay, that Shift actually drew a good, sizable crowd! A five-piece from Bellwood and Blandburg, Shift mixed up current and classic favorites from Default, Everclear, Steppenwolf, Joan Jett, Clash, Bryan Adams, Chevelle, Good Charlotte and more. The group even broke out “Mony Mony” (and people still chant that chant during the choruses!); and with singer Martin Lybek’s mom in the audience, the group did an edit version of Puddle of Mudd’s “She Hates Me.” Martin, guitarist Dave Wertz, bassist Joe Pyzowski and drummer Phil Hopnick kept the dance floor busy through most of the night, and kept the show lighthearted and fun. The group was energetic, enthusiastic, and fairly solid and together; although a few songs could use some fine-tuning, and the vocal harmonies could use a little work. Overall, though, Shift delivered the good time, and they’ll continue to improve as they play more shows. Not bad.

Shift brings the party to City Limits on a Thursday night.

Several partying ladies get in on the act.

Joe Pyzowski of Shift.

Martin Lybek of Shift.

Martin Lybek and David Wertz of Shift.

Phil Hopnick of Shift.

FRIDAY NIGHT 5/23 – I remember the first time I ever saw the popular 80’s metal tribute band Bad Hair Day a couple of years ago at Pellegrine’s. I remember that while I thought they were good, I wasn’t completely sold on them at that point. Why? It took me a while to figure it out, but it boiled down to this: I couldn’t decide whether Bad Hair Day was celebrating 80’s metal, parodying it, or both. On that particular night, the bass player was wearing a coonskin cap and a wig, trying to “look” the part. Were these guys serious or lampooning the 80’s? The line was blurred, and I wasn’t convinced either way. It wasn’t until I saw the group again last November at Pellegrine’s that I was finally convinced that this band was decisively more tribute than parody. Which brings me to the Altoona debut of Hair Force One, the Altoona area’s new 80’s hair-band tribute, at Peter C’s. This band left no question marks on where they stand…visually, they are indeed a parody of the excesses of the hair band era…blown-dry hair wigs, glam-styled attire, crazy stage names, etc. (even a kilt!). But instrumentally, vocally and performance-wise, this band kicked some ass! Singer Victor Synn looks like Joe Elliott of Def Leppard, but can wail on everything from David Coverdale to Brian Johnson to Sebastian Bach to Axl Rose! The man has a voice! And the band surrounding him – guitarists “Jimi Hatt” and “Michael J. Cox,” bassist “Iva Biggin” and drummer “Hugh G. Rection” were strong and skilled on their instruments. I especially was blown away by how precisely “Jimi” executed the leads on the Guns’n’Roses double-shot of “Welcome To The Jungle” and “Sweet Child O’Mine,” KISS’ “Detroit Rock City,” and the night ending renditions of Iron Maiden’s “Run To The Hills,” Judas Priest’s “You’ve Got Another Thing Coming” and Ozzy’s “Crazy Train!” Hair Force One celebrated all things hair-band 80’s with tunes from Cinderella, Poison, Quiet Riot, Scorpions, Great White (sans pyro), Ugly Kid Joe (okay, they were early 90’s, but we’ll count ‘em anyway) and more. I missed openers Bleech, but heard they did a respectable job. For Hair Force One, it worked – the crazy visual image, the energetic kickass musicianship, Synn’s powerful vocals, and the overall fun vibe had folks cheering, dancing and headbanging til night’s end. If these guys can keep this tribute fresh and not burn it out on local stages, Hair Force One could have a good run ahead of them on area, and even statewide, stages.

Victor Synn of Hair Force One.

Hair Force One brings their headbanger’s ball to Peter C’s.

Victor Synn and Iva Biggin of Hair Force One.

Again, Victor Synn of Hair Force One.

Dee Snider’s evil twin, Michael J. Cox of Hair Force One.

Once again, Victor Synn of Hair Force One, unleashing the voice.

Jimi Hatt of Hair Force One.

Hugh G. Rection of Hair Force One.

Again, Jimi Hatt of Hair Force One.

Hair Force One takes it to the stagefront headbangers at Peter C’s.

That Dee Snider/Michael J. Cox hairdo must be contagious!

SATURDAY NIGHT 5/24 – After day job duties had me kicking off my evening in the wildness and insanity of the Blue Knob Clubhouse Bar & Grill (that place knows how to party!), I headed to City Limits to catch my first look at the new mach version of Stept On, featuring new bass man Art Armani. I arrived shortly after openers Flord completed their set; the group made their mark with the Stept On fans, doing well enough to sell several of their CD’s – good deal! The new era of Stept On commenced on the City Limits stage with a surprising, dark and ominous rendition of the Beatles’ “Magical Mystery Tour” – I didn’t even recognize the song until Stept On reached the chorus! Stept On proceeded to mix it up between new and old originals, and modern metal favorites from Disturbed, Tool, Korn, System of a Down, Pantera, Rage and more. Included was another surprise cover, a version of Queen’s “Fat Bottomed Girls,” to kick off the last set. The new songs I heard seemed to pick up where the “Lonely” CD left off – I especially liked the more aggressive tones of “One Day Die” and “Thick As Water,” “Embrace” and more. New bassman Art seemed to fit right in, his aggressive bass style picking up where Adam Zimmer left off. It will take fans some time to get used to Adam’s absence onstage, but Stept On didn’t miss a beat here, and Art seems to be taking to this new band situation well. Here’s hoping Stept On gets back up to speed quickly and takes this ride as far as it can go – at least judging by this show at City Limits, they are already well on their way!

Chuck Budzina of Stept On.

The new guy, Art Armani of Stept On.

Josh Hetrick of Stept On.

Again, Chuck Budzina of Stept On.

Another gratuitous shot of Chuck from Stept On.

Matt Day of Stept On.

SUNDAY NIGHT 5/25 – Experiencing Pellegrine’s on the eve of any major holiday is like driving past a bad car accident; it’s not pleasant, but you keep finding yourself drawn back to the scene out of morbid curiosity. Yes, I knew Pelly’s on Memorial Day Eve would be beyond jam-packed (Fire Code, anyone?), and I knew the quest for procuring beer this night would be difficult, but I just had to show up anyway and witness this spectacle firsthand. Fortunately for me, several friends had already procured a booth near the door, so I at least had some seating. Green Eggs was playing in the next room, but due to the massive crowd, they sounded like somebody’s stereo playing in another room. But in the early going, I could still make out tunes like Abba’s “Dancing Queen” and Green Eggs’ own original tune “My Band.” Before their final set, I got brave and decided to work my way through the mass of humanity towards stagefront, and witnessed firsthand as Green Eggs kept the mob dancing with their kitchen sink mix of current favorites, 80’s hair-band and new wave faves, hip hop, Garth Brooks’ “Friends In Low Places” and more. And as far as I’m concerned, Green Eggs still does the best version of Nine Inch Nails’ “Closer” next to Trent Reznor himself; their version still blows me away every time I see them do it! Good to see that despite the jam-packed house, no apparent fights (I understand there was one small altercation in the parking lot, but at least the participants took it outside). It was Green Eggs’ last Pelly’s appearance for at least a few months, as they tour the beach club circuit during the summer months – hopefully they’ll be back in the ‘Toona in the fall.

Brian Nicarry of Green Eggs.

Brad Nicarry of Green Eggs.

Steve Nelson of Green Eggs.

Doug Black of Green Eggs.

Brian Nicarry of Green Eggs ponders Pelly’s mass of humanity.

Green Eggs keeps the party rolling at Pellegrine’s.

Again, Brian Nicarry of Green Eggs.

Again, Steve Nelson of Green Eggs.

MONDAY NIGHT 5/26 – A surprise awaited me when I went to Peter C’s for my weekly Monday night wing fix (Pellegrine’s, my usual wing destination, was closed for the Memorial Day holiday). I wound up getting a sneak preview of one of this town’s next happening bands, Uncle Slam, going through a practice run. (There used to be a national band from L.A. called Uncle Slam in the early 90’s, but they disbanded.) This is the new band rising from the ashes of Broken Neck and I Enemy, featuring Scott Russell on vox, Phil Wagner on guitar, Rich Johnson on bass and Dave Russell on drums. Pretty impressive practice run, as they slammed through hard-hitting fare from Red Hot Chili Peppers, Rage, Silverchair, Toadies, Flys, Candlebox, Tool, Soundgarden and more. I understand these guys will be introducing some original songs along the way too, including some carryover tunes from Broken Neck. Uncle Slam sounded tight and hard-hitting, the Altoona police even showed up late in the evening to tell them to turn it down! If this practice was an accurate indicator, these guys are ready to kick ass and take names on area stages – look for Uncle Slam out and about in another month or so…
 Back to top »
ROCKPAGE Forum Index » JP's Corner
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: