· The Final Cut
MEMORIAL DAY WEEK/WEEKEND RECAP 5/26/08
ROCKPAGE Forum Index » JP's Corner
previous topic :: next topic  
Jim Price

Post Posted: Thursday Jun 05, 2008 

MEMORIAL DAY WEEK/WEEKEND RECAP 5/26/08

BIG JIM & BAD DAZE ROB @ PELLEGRINE’S, ALTOONA 5/19/08

Monday Wing Night at Pellegrine’s was graced this week by the dynamic duo of Big Jim & Bad Daze Rob.

I arrived shortly into the pair’s performance, barely missing Rob honoring an audience request for Bonnie Tyler’s “Total Eclipse of the Heart.” After a rendition of Five Man Electrical Band’s “Signs,” guest Adam D stepped to the stage to spot Rob a break, singing Buckcherry’s “Sorry” and Dr. Hook’s “Cover of the (Pennsylvania Musician).” Rob returned to the mic to sing favorites from the Eagles, Fuel, a request for Georgia Satellites and Poison, before Jim did a solo acoustic performance of Elton John’s “Daniel.” Jim and Rob then honored another audience request, doing the acoustic, unedited spin on Rage Against the Machine’s “Killing in the Name.” Jim then again sang lead, this time on Charlie Daniels’ “Leave That Long-Haired Country Boy Alone,” before versions of CCR’s “Proud Mary” and Nickelback’s “How You Remind Me” closed the set.

Once again, a good-sized contingent of revelers was in the house for live music on a Monday night. I joked with Pelly’s bar staffer Misty that I was going to have to get here earlier than usual to make sure I get a table if this keeps up.

Jim and Rob launched their nightcap set with the Beastie Boys’ “Fight for Your Right (to Party),” and followed with Bon Jovi’s “Livin’ on a Prayer,” before guest Adam D returned to sing lead on Bob Seger’s “Night Moves” and Cat Stevens’ “Wild World.” Jim and Rob then continued the music with tunes from Metallica, John Lennon, Counting Crows, Beatles, James Taylor, 3 Doors Down and Lynyrd Skynyrd, before Adam returned to revive a former Pelly’s Monday night tradition from the days when he used to perform Mondays years before. Adam brought Harry Jr. up to the microphone to revive the tradition of “The Singing Bartender,” with Harry chiming in some choice words on the Doors’ “Roadhouse Blues.” Jim and Rob then closed out the night with Poison’s “Every Rose Has Its Thorn.”

Tradition had been revived and served this night at Pellegrine’s. The wings were served as well, and were capital as always. And bringing a map with him to Pelly’s, Guv’nor Jesse could now find his way home at the end of the night. Life on a Monday night again was good.

Guv’nor Jesse enlightens audience members on his ability to read a map to find his way home during Big Jim & Bad Daze Rob’s performance at Pelly’s.

Adam D revives the tradition of Pelly’s “Singing Bartenders,” bringing Harry Jr. up to the mic to sing along on “Roadhouse Blues.”

OCTANE @ CASTLE PUB, EBENSBURG 5/23/08

Memorial Day weekend had arrived. I headed up the hill to the Castle Pub this Friday night to get my first look at Johnstown rockers Octane.

I arrived midway through Octane’s first set, and a mid-sized crowd of folks was present to enjoy Friday night and take in Octane’s performance. I knew I was in for a good evening when the first two people I ran into after entering the Castle were John Charney and Marauders frontman Ben Dumm. John had actually performed an acoustic show earlier in the evening.

As I sipped my first suds of the night (thanks Ben!), I took in the remainder of Octane’s first set. Featuring bassist and singer Dave Bambino, guitarists Mike Kris and Mike Lux, and drummer Chris Jimerson; Octane was playing hard-rocking recent numbers, including Green Day’s “American Idiot,” Blur’s “Song 2,” American Hi-Fi’s “Flavor of the Weak,” and Buckcherry’s “Lit Up” to finish the set.

Octane gave a strong performance thus far. Their execution was tight and confident, and the group maintained a tight pace between songs. The Castle crowd appeared to be warming up to them, with a few ladies taking to the dance floor before the end of the first set.

Octane’s second set mixed current, 80’s and 90’s rock numbers. The group did popular current faves like Jimmy Eats World’s “The Middle,” Fallout Boy’s “Sugar We’re Going Down,” Big & Rich’s “Save a Horse, Ride a Cowboy” (which brought more ladies out onto the dance floor), Buckcherry’s “Crazy Bitch” and more. They also pulled out a hard-rocking take on Cameo’s “Word Up,” The Outfield’s “Your Love,” Third Eye Blind’s “Semi-Charmed Life,” and White Zombie’s “Thunder Kiss ’65” and more. Dave handled the lion’s share of lead vocals, with the Mike’s and Chris the drummer occasionally handling lead mic duties. Again, Octane powered it up nicely, giving a strong and tight presentation that kept folks attentive.

The group opened their nightcap set with a number I hadn’t heard covered on area stages for a long time; Tonic’s “Open Up Your Eyes.” The group again mixed 80’s, 90’s and current rock, doing songs from Billy Idol, Blink 182, Nickelback, Duran Duran, Billy Squier and more. This set featured a few more interesting highlights, including Chris belting out voice behind the drum kit on Drowning Pool’s “Bodies” and Rob Zombie’s “Dragula,” and Mike Kris singing lead on the unexpected rendition of Montel Jordan’s “This Is How We Do It.” Octane triggered more dance activity along the way, and kept the energy level high into the homestretch as they closed the night with Puddle of Mudd’s “Psycho” and Alice in Chains’ “We Die Young.”

I came away pretty impressed overall with Octane’s performance. Again, they were high Octane (pun intended) and tight on their instrumental execution, and their vocals were on target as well. I also liked their song mix, which contained enough favorites to get folks on the dance floor, but enough lesser-played numbers to keep things interesting and separate them from the rest of the pack. Octane’s first Castle Pub show appeared successful enough that future visits would seem likely. Hopefully I’ll get to catch these guys in action again sometime soon.

Octane, making their first appearance at the Castle Pub.

Again, Octane.

Mike Lux of Octane.

Mike Kris of Octane.

Once again, Octane.

Mike Kris and Dave Bambino of Octane.

Chris Jimerson of Octane.

Dave Bambino of Octane.

More Octane.

This group delivers a high Octane show.

Again, Chris Jimerson of Octane.

BIKER BILLY FEST 3, ALTOONA 5/24/08

With the arrival of the Memorial Day Weekend, I experienced my first bonafide outdoor party of the season as well; in the form of the third annual “Biker Billy Fest,” hosted by Altoona bass player and motorcycle enthusiast Bill Fischer at his residence and expanse of land on the northwestern edge of Altoona near Route 36. This party would feature 3 bands, food, brews, bikes and people…sounded like a good time to me!

A deluxe edition of Chris V. & the Stanley Street Band was kicking off the music when I arrived late in the afternoon. This band’s usual culprits weren’t in their usual instrumental positions except group namesake Chris “V” Vipond, singing, playing acoustic guitar and passing around a large bottle of Jack Daniels. Regularly-scheduled bassist Mike Stanley was tapping away on the cajon, and usual cajonist Mike Z was playing electric guitar! Guests in this expanded edition of the group included Missy Bailey on conga, George Welsh on bass, and a drummer (I didn’t catch who was on the kit; hell, this was a private party, so my notepad was in the car). I only got to witness three songs from Chris V. & the Stanley Street Band, but those three songs provided about 40 minutes of music and a lot of entertainment! Chris turned the Rolling Stones’ “Sympathy for the Devil” into a 20-minute plus combination jam session and recap of his legal situation; complete with Jack-fueled witticisms and tirades that seemed to conjure the ghost of the late Jim Morrison himself! This eventually transitioned into the original song about media manipulation, “Media Controls the World,” and another song to finish the set.

The deluxe edition of Chris V. & the Stanley Street Band.

Powered by JD this day, Chris V.

Again, Chris V. & the Stanley Street Band.

A fan in the driveway gets down with Chris V. & the Stanley Street Band.

A nice-sized contingent of folks was already in attendance as Chris V.’s set concluded, and more were steadily arriving. The food spread was unveiled, with hamburgers, hot dogs, baked beans, macaroni salad, chips and other quality edibles. And although this party was B.Y.O.B., lots of brew was available as well.

Having fun at the Biker Billy Fest, starting at center and moving counterclockwise: Mike “Iceman” Bryant, Dave Russell, Dawn from Kitty Whip, Jake Williams, unidentified gal and unidentified guy (yes, there are a few people at these things I do not know!).

The next band setting up on the wagon stage was a new group performing under the operative name Moxie. This group featured former Decision Day members Ryan Dibert on lead vocals and J.D. Heverly on drums, party host Bill Fischer on bass, and Phil Wagner and Spencer Peterman on guitars. These guys did a good job, rocking the partiers with a selection of 90’s numbers from Fuel, Live, Alice In Chains, Stone Temple Pilots and more. For me at least, the highlight of Moxie’s set was when they broke out Caroline’s Spine’s “Sullivan,” a song that sort of embodied the serious theme of what Memorial Day was all about. Moxie sounded strong overall, and I look forward to seeing this group when they start hitting area stages.

Getting under way on the wagon stage, Moxie.

Again, Moxie.

Phil Wagner, Ryan Dibert and “Biker Billy” Fischer of Moxie.

With some fans grooving in front of the stage, Moxie.

Even canine types were having a good time at the Biker Billy Fest.

Darkness was beginning to arrive as the third and final band of the bill, Hempfield High, took the stage. This band featured a few Banditos; Phil Wagner on guitar, Dave Russell on drums and Bill Nusom on bass; along with Kitty Whip Dawn’s hubby Jake Williams on lead voice and a guitar player whose name I didn’t catch (again, it was a private party, so I left my official press hat in the car). These guys did good work on a variety of current and classic rocking favorites, with a few surprises thrown in along the way. This was my first time officially seeing Jake sing; he did a very good job as frontman, displaying some good range and confidence on the mic. A few guests joined the musicians on the stage along the way, including an impromptu Opposition reunion featuring Mike “Iceman” Bryant, Phil, Dave and Bill Fischer performing the group’s most popular original tune, “Finger Lickin.’”

Hempfield High stirs up the party at Biker Billy Fest.

Again, Hempfield High.

With a lady singing lead on Pat Benatar’s “Hit Me with Your Best Shot,” Hempfield High.

Another guest singer helps out Hempfield High on Neil Young’s “Rockin’ in the Free World.”

It’s an Opposition reunion as Phil Wagner and the Iceman have a “Finger Lickin’” good time.

Once again, the Iceman.

With Biker Billy sitting in on bass, Hempfield High.

What outdoor party is complete without a bonfire?

Hempfield High was still going strong when I departed the party close to 11 PM. (The emails advertising this party listed their performance time as “9 PM until the police shut them down;” fortunately, no law enforcement personnel made any cameo appearances during this year’s party.) Billy Biker Fest 3 was an excellent time; good bands, good food, lots of brew, friendly people, great weather…If Bill throws this shindig again next year, I’ll be glad to check out it again! Thanks Bill for the “Beginning of Summer Jam!”

The host of the party, “Biker Billy” Fischer.

FLOORED-X @ 30 SOMETHING, ALTOONA 5/24/08

After departing Billy Biker Fest 3, I headed to 30 Something to catch my first look at one of the bands formed from the ashes of former Southern Huntingdon/Northern Bedford County rockers Fayted; Floored-X.

30 Something was lightly populated as I arrived during Floored-X’s first set. But the group had the party going with some folks on the dance floor early on. Singer Dustin Reisling, lead guitarist Scott Diehl, bassist Larry Bishop and drummer Zac Grace fired up the party with numbers from Red Hot Chili Peppers, Bryan Adams, Harvey Danger, H.I.M., Fuel, 3 Doors Down, Poison, Green Day, AC/DC, Puddle Of Mudd and more.

During the first intermission, I was entertained by what appeared to be full-brutality bullriding on the television screen. It was some sort of bullriding championship, but the bulls were clearly dominating, as nearly every rider was getting tossed and stomped! Nearly every rider hobbled away either holding a busted arm, clutching at a wounded groin, or being carried out of the arena after the bull did a breakdance on his face! One of the rodeo clowns even got sent airborne by a bull’s horn! Only one rider – a guy conspicuously wearing a hockey helmet instead of the traditional cowboy hat – was able to ride the bull out. Nasty stuff!

Floored-X soon returned for their second chapter of the night, and again stirred up a small dance floor party with their energetic and rocking sounds. This set featured numbers from Georgia Satellites, Aerosmith, Candlebox, Cheap Trick, Lit, Ramones, White Stripes, Papa Roach and more. The band kept the tunes and energy level constant, and Larry stoked the party by making frequent routes around the 30 Something complex, including the Guitar Hero area in the back of the room where several ladies were seated.

The party escalated even more during the third and final set. Floored-X kept the dance floor busy throughout the set as they fired off tunes from Bon Jovi, Buckcherry, AC/DC, Beastie Boys, Guns N’Roses, Breaking Benjamin, Puddle Of Mudd, Metallica and more. When the dance floor crowd demanded more at the end of the night, the group responded by doing a requested encore performance of Buckcherry’s “Crazy Bitch” to end the night.

And I must acknowledge Floored-X’s unsung hero this night, Larry’s girlfriend. Other bands have “beer wenches,” who keep their bands supplied with beer while they perform. But Larry’s lady went above and beyond, not just keeping her man stocked in brews, but also taking his lit cigarette and tapping the ashes off into the palm of her hand, all while gracing Larry with some dance moves in front of the stage that would probably make most local “professional” dancers seek new careers! She singlehandedly raised the bar for beer wenches everywhere!

Bottom line…Floored-X brought the party this night, without regard to the relative smallness of the 30 Something crowd. These guys were hellbent in giving the people in attendance a party, and went to all ends to make the crowd a part of the party and show. If they keep delivering shows like this, I think their ‘Toona fan base should grow significantly bigger than this night in short order!

Larry Bishop and Dustin Reisling of Floored-X.

Floored-X, bringing the party at 30 Something.

Dustin Reisling of Floored-X.

Floored-X triggers dance floor activity at 30 Something.

Zac Grace of Floored-X.

The party continues with Floored-X.

Larry Bishop of Floored-X.

Once again, Floored-X.

Larry Bishop takes the party to the gals in the back of the room.

More craziness with Floored-X.

More dance floor fun with Floored-X.

Again, Zac Grace of Floored-X.

ACALASIA/SEAS WE FEAR TO SAIL/AMONG THE VOICES @ CLUB CAR CAFÉ, ALTOONA 5/25/08

On this beautiful Memorial Day eve Sunday afternoon, with blue skies, abundant sunshine and temperatures climbing into the low 70’s, there were only three things that would keep me indoors. One would be work; but fortunately, I didn’t have any radio station duties this day, and my “Backyard Rocker” annual Memorial Day Special had been prerecorded. Second would be the Indianapolis 500, and third, live music. Both of these latter two kept me indoors for much of this afternoon. But I didn’t mind.

The live music was happening at the Club Car Café in Altoona, where a three-band all-ages show was taking place. This show was a “going away party” for rising Altoona rockers Acalasia, before they hit the road for some extensive live show touring in Midwestern and Southern states. Acalasia was headlining the afternoon, with Among The Voices and Seas We Fear to Sail opening. Singer Krystal Shore had graciously asked me to emcee this event a few weeks before; I told her I’d be glad to do it, on one condition – that the Indy 500 would be shown on one of the bar televisions so I could follow the race while the show was happening!

I arrived in plenty of time before the show began, and true to her word, Krystal had me set up with the Indy 500 on the television screen at the main bar, with my seat in close proximity to both the television screen and the stage…I was set!

A few folks were in the house as the first band, Among the Voices, took the stage to kick off the music. Based out of Hollidaysburg, Among the Voices features former Destroy Elroy members Sam Edgar on guitar/vocals and Jeremy Bickel on drums, along with Andy Mathias on bass and vocals and Drew on guitar and vocals. Among The Voices played a brand of bristling, rampaging hardcore-driven punk rock. Their sound reminded me some of Chapter 5; hard-driving, charging rhythms, and over-the-top, agitated vocals. I didn’t catch much in the way of song titles, but some of the tunes Among the Voices did included “Endless Waltz,” “S.P.M.,” “Lynn Laich a Movie” and “Rubin.” Overall I thought Among the Voices was solid, and the growing crowd of young music fans seemed to appreciate their efforts. I could see these guys gracing an Aldo’s stage sometime soon.

Kicking off the afternoon at the Club Car, Among the Voices.

Again, Among the Voices.

Drew of Among the Voices.

Once again, Among the Voices.

Andy Mathias of Among the Voices.

Sam Edgar of Among the Voices.

One more time, Among the Voices.

More people arrived during the course of the intermission, as the next band, Seas We Fear to Sail, set up. I maintained a constant vigil on the television screen to follow Indy; it’s the one auto race I get fanatical about every year, and I haven’t missed it since watching my first one in 1972! It’s still my goal to someday see this race in person.

Soon Seas We Fear to Sail was set to go. Calling both Altoona and Pittsburgh home, this fivesome delivered high-octane, punk- and thrash-driven rock originals. Lead vocalist Scott Drobnoek, guitarists Rob Boyles and Dan Macharola, bassist Travis Auerbeck and drummer Mike Martin were nonstop intensity and velocity, constantly moving about and beating the crap out of their instruments as they played their selection of original assaults. As with Among the Voices, I didn’t catch a lot of song titles from these guys, but some of their selections included “Seabeast,” “Overchill,” “The Right to Bear Arms” and “Shake It.” This band provided nonstop, furious action all the way, and were exciting to watch. Hell, I was exhausted just watching them!

Seas We Fear to Sail.

Again, Seas We Fear to Sail.

Bounce-off-the-walls excitement with Seas We Fear to Sail.

Scott Drobnoek of Seas We Fear to Sail.

Once again, Seas We Fear to Sail.

Travis Auerbeck of Seas We Fear to Sail.

Mike Martin of Seas We Fear to Sail.

Again, Scott Drobnoek of Seas We Fear to Sail.

Scott of Seas We Fear to Sail, bringing it to the fans.

One more time, Seas We Fear to Sail.

Both Among the Voices and Seas We Fear to Sail provided anger, agitation and fury, but their rage paled in comparison to what Danica Patrick showed on the television screen when Ryan Briscoe struck her car as she was leaving the pits, causing her to spin out into a wall and break her rear suspension, ending her hopes of winning Indy. Danica proved the adage about “hell hath no fury like a woman’s scorn,” as she stormed down pit road to Briscoe’s pit and had to be restrained by security. Wow!

More fans of all ages arrived during the course of the afternoon, and a crowd numbering around 100 people was in place by the time Acalasia was ready to perform. Krystal, guitarists Ryan Sheehan and Neil Deyarmin, bassist Stephen Wells and drummer Cory Aboud blended intricate, developed melodies with hard-driving, high-velocity arrangements. The group did two songs from last year’s What Makes You a Maniac? CD, the set-opener “So Much for the Railcar” and “Based on True Stories.” They also did their more-recently recorded original songs “Object of My Affection” and “Barely Breathing,” as well as some newer songs such as “404,” “Endless Waltz” (a different song than the Among the Voices tune of the same title played earlier) and “What Are We Fighting For?” Again, I was impressed with the contrast offered between Krystal’s smooth and rangeful voice, and her bandmates’ bounce-off-the-walls energy and intensity. Guitarists Ryan and Neil literally were bouncing off the metal rails surrounding the stage area, and during “Barely Breathing” Neil – with guitar in hand – scaled one of the support beams and climbed up to one of the rafters under the Club Car’s sun window to play his guitar from above the crowd – wild! And as wild as their antics were, these guys were tight in their instrumental execution, and the whole set sounded crisp and airtight! This performance again reaffirmed why Acalasia is one of the bands I’m currently most excited about on this area’s music scene.

Acalasia caps the afternoon at the Club Car.

Again, Acalasia.

Ryan Sheehan of Acalasia.

Krystal Shore of Acalasia.

Some fans look on as Acalasia continues their performance.

A good-sized all-ages crowd is on hand to support Acalasia before they head off to tour the Midwest and South.

Once again, Acalasia.

Again, Krystal Shore of Acalasia.

Yet again, Acalasia.

Jamming atop the Club Car rafters, Neil Deyarmin of Acalasia.

Once again, Neil Deyarmin of Acalasia.

One more time, Acalasia.

After this show, Acalasia returned to the road to perform a series of show dates through June in Indiana, Tennessee, North Carolina and Georgia. They return to Pennsylvania late in the month, and after a month of local and area shows (including Aldo’s with Hello, Vixen and Slacker Theory on July 26), return to the road in August for shows in Florida, Tennessee, Michigan and more! Hats off to these guys and gal for getting their music out there, taking it beyond central PA, and going for it!

ALTOONA SKATEPARK BENEFIT @ ALDO’S, ALTOONA 5/25/08

After resting up a little following the Acalasia all-ager, I headed to Aldo’s to support a benefit show raising funds for the proposed skatepark to be built next to Blair County Ballpark.

As I arrived at Aldo’s shortly before showtime, DJ Marky Mark was set up on the stage behind the right side speakers, spinning some tunes before the show and during the intermissions. A good-sized contingent of folks was already arriving early on, boding well for some funds to be raised this night.

Ryan Carducci would kick off the performances with his solo acoustic set. The former Edison frontman did a selection of original songs, demonstrating an emotional, intense delivery. His voice could quickly shift from calm to intense, and his guitar strumming showed a similar demeanor, as he could vary between subdued strumming and agitated attacks on the strings that threatened to rip the guts out of his guitar at any moment! I only caught a few of Ryan’s song titles; among the songs he performed were “Season When the Silent Speak,” “So Long,” “I’m Tired” and “The Man You Left Behind.” Ryan also performed an acoustic version of the Misfits’ “Skulls.”

After a short intermission, Dick Shack Posse took the stage. These guys and gal again celebrated old-school punk and hardcore over the course of their set, doing songs from Agnostic Front, Sex Pistols, Ramones, Misfits, Minor Threat, Rancid, Clash, Angry Samoans, Black Flag and more. Singer Scoob Lanzendorfer, guitarists Jeff Reid and Brian Weibley, bassist Andrea Weibley and drummer Bob Brunner displayed appropriate vinegar and velocity, but kept the tone of their set upbeat and celebratory, and never took themselves too seriously. Again Dick Shack Posse’s go-for-broke brand of rock was infectious, and audience members could be seen thrusting fists in the air and singing along with the group’s renditions of early punk anthems.

Dick Shack Posse performs at the Skatepark Benefit.

Again, Dick Shack Posse.

Scoob Lanzendorfer of Dick Shack Posse.

Next up was Silver Sunday, making their first appearance on Aldo’s stage in over a year. It didn’t take long for the Cathie whirlwind to rev up to speed, as Silver Sunday’s frontlady was soon doing laps around the Aldo’s environs, serenading audience members, dragging ladies onto the dance floor and pulling all stops to get people involved in the party. Silver Sunday offered up another wide variety of song material during their set, spanning their feisty update of Nancy Sinatra’s “These Boots” to the Buck Dickson-sung ‘Bucky Spears’ spin on Britney’s “Baby One More Time,” to tunes from No Doubt, Sublime, Goldfinger, Outfield, and others; and original songs such as “I Know” and “Just Like Lisa.” Cathie, Buck, bassman Mike Stanley and drummer Todd Harshbarger kept the pace tight, the tempo up and the music constant as they brought the party.

Making her rounds around the Aldo’s complex, Cathie of Silver Sunday serenades P.J. Kelly of Without Zerb.

Silver Sunday, donating their talents to help the Skatepark effort.

Cathie from Silver Sunday serenades more audience members.

Without Zerb closed out the show. This was my first chance to see the electric version of this band since Jamie Smith joined the group on guitar. Group namesake and singer Brian “Zerb” Zerbee, Jamie and P.J. Kelly on guitars, Chuck on bass and Mike McGough on drums delivered a high-powered, eclectic song mix to Aldo’s stage; including numbers from Social Distortion, Jimmy Eats World, Fugazi, R.E.M., The Cure, Beastie Boys, Stray Cats, Waylon Jennings, Jane’s Addiction and more. Highlights along the way included guests Chris McConnell sitting in behind the drum kit and Ryan Carducci helping on backing vocals during Nirvana’s “Breed,” Zerb and Jamie handling the rap leads on the Beasties’ “No Sleep Til Brooklyn,” and for the finale, Scoob from Dick Shack Posse helping with backing vocals on the night-ending rendition of Johnny Cash’s “Ring of Fire.” Without Zerb delivered velocity and excitement, keeping the music and action constant. Following Cathie from Silver Sunday’s example from before, Zerb started doing his own laps around Aldo’s during the set to get folks fired up and involved in the party. It was another confident performance delivered with spirit and gusto; and provided a fittingly upbeat ending to the night.

Finishing up the Skatepark benefit, Without Zerb.

P.J., Zerb and the Deathmaster of Without Zerb.

Again, Zerb and Jamie of Without Zerb.

Scoob of Dick Shack Posse joins Without Zerb onstage.

One more time, Without Zerb.

I’m not sure of exact dollar figures, but based on the crowd in attendance, at least a few hundred dollars was raised towards the Skatepark effort. A second, all-ages benefit was slated for the following weekend at Hollidaysburg’s Legion Park. For those unable to attend either benefit, donations can be made by visiting the Blair Bike and Board website, http://www.blairbikeandboard.com/.

JP’s HAIKU

Biker Billy Fest
Beginning of Summer Jam
Three bands, food, beer, fun!

http://pamusician.net
 Back to top »
Jim Price

Post Posted: Sunday Dec 20, 2009 

http://pamusician.net
 Back to top »
ROCKPAGE Forum Index » JP's Corner
Page 1 of 1