· The Final Cut
Production needed feb 13
ROCKPAGE Forum Index » Services Needed / Available
previous topic :: next topic  
hitman18
Hairy Member
Hairy Member

Post Posted: Thursday Feb 04, 2010 

Hair Force One is in need of full production on feb 13 at the Roadhouse pub in WV. its not that far of a drive from the altoona area. anyone interested please contact me asap..

814 207 8469
nathan
 Back to top »
LHSL
Gold Member
Gold Member

hitman18 wrote:
Hair Force One is in need of full production on feb 13 at the Roadhouse pub in WV. its not that far of a drive from the altoona area. anyone interested please contact me asap..

814 207 8469
nathan

You know, I was thinking about this post. The Roadhouse Pub is almost 2 hours from Altoona.

By saying "it's not that far from the Altoona area" it's apparent that you think this should not be a factor in the cost.

To provide "full production" you are unlikely to find anyone who will do so in a vehicle less than 10,000 lbs GVW. At that level and above, if you are are using public highways for commercial purposes you must follow the NMFTA rules (National Motor Frieght Transporation Adminsitration).

In this case, if you are crossing state lines or traveling more than 150 miles from homebase, drivers must keep a log book, and have no more than 10 hours on shift (including drive time) and do any driving. To make it down there, set up and do a 10PM to 2AM gig and travel back and forth would probably violate several regulations.

Any production company worth it's salt will get a hotel room and require per diem which will drive up the cost of the quote.

Just sayin.
 Back to top »
hitman18
Hairy Member
Hairy Member

So anyway. we still need production.. and cost really wasnt my focal point..
 Back to top »
Hawk
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

sent you a PM
Triple Threat
 Back to top »
sunsetbass
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

any sound company "worth its salt" would help these guys out or simply say "sorry can't help you" instead of quoting d.o.t. and other regs. as a holder of a cdl, you only need to rent a u-haul to move your gear. that way the regs do not apply.

anyway, good luck nate i would love to help you guys out that night but the strip is out that night. rock on bro
onegunguitar
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

LHSL wrote:
hitman18 wrote:

814 207 8469
nathan

You know, I was thinking about this post. The Roadhouse Pub is almost 2 hours from Altoona.

By saying "it's not that far from the Altoona area" it's apparent that you think this should not be a factor in the cost.

To provide "full production" you are unlikely to find anyone who will do so in a vehicle less than 10,000 lbs GVW. At that level and above, if you are are using public highways for commercial purposes you must follow the NMFTA rules (National Motor Frieght Transporation Adminsitration).

In this case, if you are crossing state lines or traveling more than 150 miles from homebase, drivers must keep a log book, and have no more than 10 hours on shift (including drive time) and do any driving. To make it down there, set up and do a 10PM to 2AM gig and travel back and forth would probably violate several regulations.

Any production company worth it's salt will get a hotel room and require per diem which will drive up the cost of the quote.

Just sayin.

Not to hi jack your thread but these are the Fed. Regs.
http://www.fmcsa.dot.gov/rules-regulations/topics/hos/index.htm
 Back to top »
LHSL
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Posted: Friday Feb 05, 2010 

sunsetbass wrote:
any sound company "worth its salt" would help these guys out or simply say "sorry can't help you" instead of quoting d.o.t. and other regs. as a holder of a cdl, you only need to rent a u-haul to move your gear. that way the regs do not apply.

That's the kind of thinking I was eluding to that is incorrect. If you are engaged in commercial transport (hauling band equipment to a gig to make money), and say you have a Ford Expedition and you rent a 3000# uhaul, you are now over the 10,001 lbs limit and you have to comply with fed motor transportation regs if you travel out of state or further than 150 miles. That's all I'm saying.

I just have always felt that people don't give enough credit to all the work and thought that goes into running a sound company. I have had customers that do appreciate it and ones that didn't. I choose to service the customers that are willing to pay for the services and abide by the law.
 Back to top »
sunsetbass
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

LHSL wrote:
sunsetbass wrote:

That's the kind of thinking I was eluding to that is incorrect. If you are engaged in commercial transport (hauling band equipment to a gig to make money), and say you have a Ford Expedition and you rent a 3000# uhaul, you are now over the 10,001 lbs limit and you have to comply with fed motor transportation regs if you travel out of state or further than 150 miles. That's all I'm saying.

I just have always felt that people don't give enough credit to all the work and thought that goes into running a sound company. I have had customers that do appreciate it and ones that didn't. I choose to service the customers that are willing to pay for the services and abide by the law.

how ever you wish to look at the "law" is up to you the point was there was no need for that reply. if you were not interested you didn't need to reply.
REDillon
Gold Member
Gold Member

Booter,

I have a really big boom box with big ass speakers, a wire and a heat lamp that's quite bright and will fry your nuts. I would be thrilled to be your production. Where do I sign up?? Cool
Colton
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

REDillon wrote:
Booter,

I have a really big boom box with big ass speakers, a wire and a heat lamp that's quite bright and will fry your nuts. I would be thrilled to be your production. Where do I sign up?? Cool

HAH that made my day
LHSL
Gold Member
Gold Member

sunsetbass wrote:
how ever you wish to look at the "law" is up to you the point was there was no need for that reply. if you were not interested you didn't need to reply.

Define need. There are no specific rules against posting something like that on the forum. There are rules against excessive off topic posts. I don't think I post off topic too often so I don't think I've violated that rule.

I've observed that there is little caution or respect given to the details regarding live music production and I feel its because some people want something for nothing.

If I misinterpreted the comment "its not that far of a drive from the Altoona area" while I don't feel that statement is true, I apologize to hitman18.
 Back to top »
Hawk
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

This is starting to sound like one of those despicable political threads. Confused
Triple Threat
 Back to top »
Colton
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Hawk wrote:
This is starting to sound like one of those despicable political threads. Confused

Shh, its still kinda music related. You'll break the spell!
BloodyFingers
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

If not more than a 100 miles no logs.
 Back to top »
P MAC
Gold Member
Gold Member

Hope you guys find what you need. I have worked with the Force on several occasions and it was a good experience all around. Good guys, and always a good party. Unfortunately I am booked for the night or I would have been glad to help you out.
 Back to top »
LHSL
Gold Member
Gold Member

BloodyFingers wrote:
If not more than a 100 miles no logs.

*OR* traveling across state lines. Look it up.
 Back to top »
sunsetbass
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Posted: Saturday Feb 06, 2010 

LHSL wrote:
sunsetbass wrote:

Define need. There are no specific rules against posting something like that on the forum. There are rules against excessive off topic posts. I don't think I post off topic too often so I don't think I've violated that rule.

I've observed that there is little caution or respect given to the details regarding live music production and I feel its because some people want something for nothing.

If I misinterpreted the comment "its not that far of a drive from the Altoona area" while I don't feel that statement is true, I apologize to hitman18.

let me claify my statement. the "law" i was speaking of were the reg's you were quoting. not the rules of RP.

so i WHATEVER!!!!!!!!!!
sunsetbass
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

REDillon wrote:
Booter,

there you go re trying to turn me on again. Shocked it sounds like we will be together at yp this month.
Merge
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

I thought Data Sound was doing sound for you that night.
Jones
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Posted: Tuesday Feb 09, 2010 

Pretty sure these guys have been around long enough to know what to expect pricewise. All you really had to do is say we're not willing to travel two hours or maybe send them a pm to see what they're willing to pay.
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
sunsetbass
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Posted: Tuesday Feb 09, 2010 

Jones wrote:
Pretty sure these guys have been around long enough to know what to expect pricewise. All you really had to do is say we're not willing to travel two hours or maybe send them a pm to see what they're willing to pay.

BINGO!!!!!!!
5stringlowb

Post Posted: Sunday Feb 21, 2010 

i thought this was rock and roll we dont need no stinkin regs !!!
load the truck and lets roll !!heheh!!
where is matt sikoski when you need him !!!
 Back to top »
ROCKPAGE Forum Index » Services Needed / Available
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: