ROCKPAGE Forum Index » The Law
previous topic :: next topic  
Dragan Kalasa
Gold Member
Gold Member

Location: Between Hopewell and Everett...a rock and a hard place, PA

Post Posted: Monday Feb 22, 2010 

Can you dispute a police report?

If yes, would it be wise to dispute a police report if there were no citations given?
 Back to top »
joltinjeff
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I am not sure whether you can dispute it or not. However, if there was no ciation or charges filed, I would talk to the officer or at least his superior to see what is going on. You may have a chance to fight it or not worry about it.
lonewolf
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Dragan Kalasa wrote:
Can you dispute a police report?

If it causes damage to your reputation, you can bring it to civil court, but you better have a slew of credible witnesses or incontestable evidence. The cop will win 100% of "he said, she said" cases.

Dragan Kalasa wrote:
If yes, would it be wise to dispute a police report if there were no citations given?

Unless the report would cause damage to your reputation, probably not.
DirtySanchez
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

fuck that.
Dragan Kalasa
Gold Member
Gold Member

Well, I'm just worried about insurance purposes. I just wrecked my car earlier this morning. I feel that the cop sited the accident in the wrong place and some of the angles don't make sense to me. He didn't hand out any citations or anything but he was assuming that I was speeding, driving on the left side of the road, and hit the guy at his driver side quarter panel. Which that's impossible to me if you have no front end damage, as in my hood of my car is unblemished. Plus, if he was assuming that I was speeding, driving erratically, and lost control of my vehicle (which none of those things happened), why wouldn't he have slapped a reckless driving citation on me?

My main concern is that if it's a no-fault situation, but in the police report he states that it's pretty much my fault...Could I be denied coverage or my premiums increase?

The funny thing is that he told me he forgot some stuff so he couldn't write up a police report on the spot, and that he'd have to go back to the barracks and write one up then mail it to us and that we'd get it in 2-4 days...lol. Maybe I'll just get lucky and he'll forget the whole thing, but I doubt it...lol. I also heard though too that they could still issue me the citation after the incident, if it's justified.
 Back to top »
DrumAndDestroy
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

i'm not sure...but won't the insurance companies need a decision on who the 'at fault' person is to know who will have to pay a deductible for repairs?
 Back to top »
joltinjeff
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Early last fall I was in an accident in a parking lot at a local store here in Huntingdon. I called the police and then my insurance company. The driver of the other vehicle came through the parking lot while I was backing out of a parking space.
When questioned by the police I informed them that I had looked both ways before starting out of the space. In fact, my car's ass end was about a third out of the space. I did admit that I did not see the person when I started backing out and when I went to recheck the passenger side to continue out that is when I hit the front of his jeep. The funny thing was that the police did not ask people inside the store if they seen anything and I was at fault. I didn't fight because I said that I did not see the other vehicle. I did through up a little bit of a protest, but to no avail. If this becomes an insurance problem, I would and please dont laugh, but call Edgar Snyder, I have heard they are very thorough in their investigations of accidents. Just a suggestion
Dragan Kalasa
Gold Member
Gold Member

joltinjeff wrote:
Early last fall I was in an accident in a parking lot at a local store here in Huntingdon. I called the police and then my insurance company. The driver of the other vehicle came through the parking lot while I was backing out of a parking space.
When questioned by the police I informed them that I had looked both ways before starting out of the space. In fact, my car's ass end was about a third out of the space. I did admit that I did not see the person when I started backing out and when I went to recheck the passenger side to continue out that is when I hit the front of his jeep. The funny thing was that the police did not ask people inside the store if they seen anything and I was at fault. I didn't fight because I said that I did not see the other vehicle. I did through up a little bit of a protest, but to no avail. If this becomes an insurance problem, I would and please dont laugh, but call Edgar Snyder, I have heard they are very thorough in their investigations of accidents. Just a suggestion

I actually called them earlier and they said they couldn't help me 'cause no one got hurt.
 Back to top »
witchhunt

Dragan Kalasa wrote:
joltinjeff wrote:

I actually called them earlier and they said they couldn't help me 'cause no one got hurt.

Translation...We can't make any money.
Dragan Kalasa
Gold Member
Gold Member

exactly
 Back to top »
ROCKPAGE Forum Index » The Law
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: