log in · your profile · private messages · members · search · help · register
   
· Home
· Band Pages
· Show Schedule
· The Forums
· The Final Cut
Cannot enter date
Post new topic   Reply to topic
ROCKPAGE Forum Index » Help
previous topic :: next topic  
Author Message
bsaller
Gold Member
Gold Member


Joined: 29 Oct 2004
Posts: 329
Location: Altoona

 Post Posted: Friday Nov 22, 2013 
Reply with quote

Rockpage will not let me enter Dec. 28, 2013 in our schedule. Anyone else have a problem with that? Crying or Very sad
_________________
http://www.rockpage.net/bands/r2b2.html

http://www.facebook.com/r2b2band
http://www.reverbnation.com/r2b2
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
m2helmet
Gold Member
Gold Member


Joined: 17 Aug 2006
Posts: 217
Location: Central Pa

 Post Posted: Saturday Nov 23, 2013 
Reply with quote

Yep... can't update any info... keeps coming up as a general error...WTF?
_________________
http://rockpage.net/bands/theredarrow.html
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message
MistValkyrie
Gold Member
Gold Member


Joined: 24 Jul 2011
Posts: 393

 Post Posted: Saturday Nov 23, 2013 
Reply with quote

I hate to tell you this, the sun is blowing up on the 27th...we'll all be dead by then, so of course calendar's will be useless from the 28th onward. Sorry to have to break it to you guys over a message board.
_________________
"My bass feels seaworthy"
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message
carvinplayer
Active Member
Active Member


Joined: 04 Oct 2013
Posts: 60
Location: State College, PA

 Post Posted: Sunday Nov 24, 2013 
Reply with quote

I tried to update info in music section and was not able to. Hasnt been working for quite sometime now......
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Ron
Site Admin
Site Admin


Joined: 07 Dec 2002
Posts: 2024
Location: State College, PA

 Post Posted: Thursday Nov 28, 2013 
Reply with quote

I spent a day going through the entire system, testing all of the functionality and checking error logs.
Everything tested OK and the error logs showed nothing out of the ordinary.

For those of you still seeing problems,
Please post the technical details of the problem here.

The date and time the problem happened
The Device used example: PC, phone, tablet
The Operating system used example: Windows XP, Mac iOS 7, Android Gingerbread
Web Browser used example: Chrome, Internet Explorer, Android

The most common problems can be attributed to one of the following:
- Browser settings (not allowing cookies, high private settings)
- Slow or intermittent internet connection
- Using a web proxy
- Old web cookies or browser sessions (see "Login Problems?" sticky post)
- Using a internet provider that caches sessions (usually dial-up connections)
_________________
... and then the wheel fell off.
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
bsaller
Gold Member
Gold Member


Joined: 29 Oct 2004
Posts: 329
Location: Altoona

 Post Posted: Thursday Nov 28, 2013 
Reply with quote

Ron wrote:
I spent a day going through the entire system, testing all of the functionality and checking error logs.
Everything tested OK and the error logs showed nothing out of the ordinary.

For those of you still seeing problems,
Please post the technical details of the problem here.

The date and time the problem happened
The Device used example: PC, phone, tablet
The Operating system used example: Windows XP, Mac iOS 7, Android Gingerbread
Web Browser used example: Chrome, Internet Explorer, Android

The most common problems can be attributed to one of the following:
- Browser settings (not allowing cookies, high private settings)
- Slow or intermittent internet connection
- Using a web proxy
- Old web cookies or browser sessions (see "Login Problems?" sticky post)
- Using a internet provider that caches sessions (usually dial-up connections)

10:35 PM
Tried to enter 4 D's, Altoona, PA Dec. 28, 2013 in schedule. Got "General Error" Date could not be entered. Using Win 7 64bit, IE 11 on PC.
_________________
http://www.rockpage.net/bands/r2b2.html

http://www.facebook.com/r2b2band
http://www.reverbnation.com/r2b2
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Ron
Site Admin
Site Admin


Joined: 07 Dec 2002
Posts: 2024
Location: State College, PA

 Post Posted: Friday Nov 29, 2013 
Reply with quote

bsaller wrote:

10:35 PM
Tried to enter 4 D's, Altoona, PA Dec. 28, 2013 in schedule. Got "General Error" Date could not be entered. Using Win 7 64bit, IE 11 on PC.


I added some debug messages to that error handler.
Try again and if the error occurs, there will be some extra information that you can post here.

I installed IE11 64 on a Win7 machine and everything tested fine using the suggested browser settings. An interesting note: having IE installed on my system made it noticeably slower, not just browsing but overall, since IE integrates with Windows explorer. That computer has an 8-core processor and it made a difference. I couldn't wait to uninstall it.

If you've never tried Chrome, you'll see a noticeable speed difference (and the scheduler might magically work). With all of the compatibility issues, I haven't used IE in years. When they have to add a compatibility mode to a browser, it's badly broken to the core, (let alone it's susceptibility to all of the bad fauna floating around).
Since the Windows 8 debacle, (remember WinMe?) I'm transitioning all of my personal machines to Centos and Fedora. Any Windows programs that I need to have are moving to a Windows VM running under Centos. Chrome on Linux is the only browser/OS setup that the hacking community hasn't been able to compromise.

Sorry for my anti-MS rant, but the crap they've been charging for lately shows what happens with "captive" software. You get crappy new code piled on top of old crap libraries that can't be changed because they have so much crap piled on them.
_________________
... and then the wheel fell off.
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
bsaller
Gold Member
Gold Member


Joined: 29 Oct 2004
Posts: 329
Location: Altoona

 Post Posted: Friday Nov 29, 2013 
Reply with quote

Ron wrote:
bsaller wrote:

10:35 PM
Tried to enter 4 D's, Altoona, PA Dec. 28, 2013 in schedule. Got "General Error" Date could not be entered. Using Win 7 64bit, IE 11 on PC.


I added some debug messages to that error handler.
Try again and if the error occurs, there will be some extra information that you can post here.

I installed IE11 64 on a Win7 machine and everything tested fine using the suggested browser settings. An interesting note: having IE installed on my system made it noticeably slower, not just browsing but overall, since IE integrates with Windows explorer. That computer has an 8-core processor and it made a difference. I couldn't wait to uninstall it.

If you've never tried Chrome, you'll see a noticeable speed difference (and the scheduler might magically work). With all of the compatibility issues, I haven't used IE in years. When they have to add a compatibility mode to a browser, it's badly broken to the core, (let alone it's susceptibility to all of the bad fauna floating around).
Since the Windows 8 debacle, (remember WinMe?) I'm transitioning all of my personal machines to Centos and Fedora. Any Windows programs that I need to have are moving to a Windows VM running under Centos. Chrome on Linux is the only browser/OS setup that the hacking community hasn't been able to compromise.

Sorry for my anti-MS rant, but the crap they've been charging for lately shows what happens with "captive" software. You get crappy new code piled on top of old crap libraries that can't be changed because they have so much crap piled on them.

Here is the error code Ron: Could not add date to schedule e.21: show_date.
I think I'll take your advice and remove IE 11. Thanks Ron. Laughing
_________________
http://www.rockpage.net/bands/r2b2.html

http://www.facebook.com/r2b2band
http://www.reverbnation.com/r2b2
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Ron
Site Admin
Site Admin


Joined: 07 Dec 2002
Posts: 2024
Location: State College, PA

 Post Posted: Friday Nov 29, 2013 
Reply with quote

Thanks Beau.
Now that I know where the error is, I expanded the debugging for a more in depth test.
I also removed some unnecessary code that could possibly make a difference.
I was able to reproduce the issue by using a network tool to generate a bunch of collisions on my network, but it wasn't limited to any certain date and web browsing as a whole was tanked.

That date thing might be a red herring. Could you try adding a test show to see if they all fail?

One other thing to try is to clear your browser cache. You may have corrupt session data that is tied to the issue.
_________________
... and then the wheel fell off.
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
bsaller
Gold Member
Gold Member


Joined: 29 Oct 2004
Posts: 329
Location: Altoona

 Post Posted: Saturday Nov 30, 2013 
Reply with quote

Ron wrote:
Thanks Beau.
Now that I know where the error is, I expanded the debugging for a more in depth test.
I also removed some unnecessary code that could possibly make a difference.
I was able to reproduce the issue by using a network tool to generate a bunch of collisions on my network, but it wasn't limited to any certain date and web browsing as a whole was tanked.

That date thing might be a red herring. Could you try adding a test show to see if they all fail?

One other thing to try is to clear your browser cache. You may have corrupt session data that is tied to the issue.

Latest Genereal Error code: Could not add date to schedule e.21: 1648 1388269800:1385789640 12-28-2013. I uninstalled IE and am using chrome. I'm assuming that when you uninstall IE your cache also gets deleted?
BTW I had no problems entering other dates. Cool
_________________
http://www.rockpage.net/bands/r2b2.html

http://www.facebook.com/r2b2band
http://www.reverbnation.com/r2b2
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Ron
Site Admin
Site Admin


Joined: 07 Dec 2002
Posts: 2024
Location: State College, PA

 Post Posted: Saturday Nov 30, 2013 
Reply with quote

Fixed!
Thanks for the help Beau.
The date thing was a red herring... the date had nothing to do with it.
It was an escapement issue with mysql and "4D's".
I missed escaping the comments sections of the scheduler, so I fixed it.
I also found a few other possible bugs that I squashed along the way.
Thanks again.
_________________
... and then the wheel fell off.
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
bsaller
Gold Member
Gold Member


Joined: 29 Oct 2004
Posts: 329
Location: Altoona

 Post Posted: Sunday Dec 01, 2013 
Reply with quote

Ron wrote:
Fixed!
Thanks for the help Beau.
The date thing was a red herring... the date had nothing to do with it.
It was an escapement issue with mysql and "4D's".
I missed escaping the comments sections of the scheduler, so I fixed it.
I also found a few other possible bugs that I squashed along the way.
Thanks again.

Thanks "Ron The Exterminator" LOL!!! Merry Christmas. HO HO HO!!! Laughing
_________________
http://www.rockpage.net/bands/r2b2.html

http://www.facebook.com/r2b2band
http://www.reverbnation.com/r2b2
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Ron
Site Admin
Site Admin


Joined: 07 Dec 2002
Posts: 2024
Location: State College, PA

 Post Posted: Sunday Dec 01, 2013 
Reply with quote

Thank you for helping troubleshoot the problem.
Couldn't have fixed it without your help.
_________________
... and then the wheel fell off.
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Display posts from previous:   
ROCKPAGE Forum Index » Help
Post new topic   Reply to topic All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

©Twisted Technology, All Rights Reserved