Yahoo/AOL/all Microsoft mail
ROCKPAGE Forum Index » General Discussion
previous topic :: next topic  
Ron
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Posted: Wednesday Jul 09, 2014 

UPDATED... now includes AOL mail, and all Microsoft free email accounts:
mail.com, live.com, outlook.com, hotmail.com, etc. (there are more Microsoft free email extensions, but these are the most popular.)

Because of compromises to their mail system, many free email providers has decided to reject all emails to addresses that are not on their "whitelist".

This site is not on any spam blacklists, and never was.

This has huge implications for anyone using a free email address, and as of now, anyone with one of these email addresses cannot receive email from this site, or any other site that does not use their whitelisted servers.

If you have a yahoo.com, aol.com, hotmail.com, outlook.com, live.com or mail.com email address, currently the only option is to change your email address and notify me of the change at webmaster@rockpage.net.

The normal email address changing mechanism on this site is broken by these new policies.

Last edited by Ron on Saturday Jul 11, 2015; edited 4 times in total
 Back to top »
carvinplayer

So what other email servers are available and working ? I hate AOL. Gmail is a part of yahoo now too ?
 Back to top »
ToonaRockGuy
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

AOL has the same policy in place, but don't know if it breaks Rockpage mail here.

http://postmaster-blog.aol.com/2014/04/22/aol-mail-updates-dmarc-policy-to-reject/

Trying to do some digging to find a list of okay email providers.
ToonaRockGuy
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Can't find a comprehensive list, but here are some alternative providers that I've come across that appear to not use Yahoo! servers:

GMX - www.gmx.com
Gmail - www.gmail.com
LycosMail - http://mail.lycos.com
Mail.com - http://www.mail.com
Zoho - www.zoho.com/mail
Hush - www.hushmail.com
Inbox - www.inbox.com

I will try to add more as I find out more.
Colton
Active Retard
Active Retard

Post Posted: Thursday Jul 10, 2014 

http://www.fepg.net/index.html
Free Email Providers Guide

Just use gmail, heh. Google already owns you.
carvinplayer

Not sure when Yahoo begins (or has begun) this policy, but I did receive a notification in my Yahoo mail of the responses given here just today.
 Back to top »
Pedro Mota
Gold Member
Gold Member

okay so as far as the least common (Free) email providers i'd like to Recommend "mail.com".

1-You not limited to mail.com they give you like 10 different domains (eg:email.comor even "Musician.org"),this means u can use your first part of your email and just change the domain...If you email is Imaguitarman@yahoo.com you can get yourself a email like Imaguitarman@Musician.org. easy to remeber since you just change the Domain.

2-Its always free and yes it has free storage.

3-There is a free desktop app for your computer if you dont feel like visiting your email using a browser.

4-Multi email accounts...This means you can have all your emails being sent to this provider for free.

I chose this one never had a problem with it so i decided to share my experience since it seems its time to change.
 Back to top »
Ron
Site Admin
Site Admin

TRG's right, AOL mail now has the same policy in place.

What's crazy is that as each company adds p=reject to their DMARC settings, they make it very difficult to get an email system to be compliant when it comes to legitimate mailing lists and notifications.

Yahoo will tell you to set your mailing list outgoing address to their mail server and AOL will tell you to use theirs, so somebody is getting their mail denied.

In addition, most mail servers will retry on the error Yahoo returns, (not sure about AOL) so a lot of mail servers are getting bogged down with multiple retries.

Adding software to use a different outgoing mail servers depending on the recipient's email address may be the only solution.

They're killing cockroaches with a sledgehammer.
Ron
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Posted: Thursday Mar 12, 2015 

Pedro Mota wrote:
okay so as far as the least common (Free) email providers i'd like to Recommend "mail.com".

1-You not limited to mail.com they give you like 10 different domains (eg:email.comor even "Musician.org"),this means u can use your first part of your email and just change the domain...If you email is Imaguitarman@yahoo.com you can get yourself a email like Imaguitarman@Musician.org. easy to remeber since you just change the Domain.

2-Its always free and yes it has free storage.

3-There is a free desktop app for your computer if you dont feel like visiting your email using a browser.

4-Multi email accounts...This means you can have all your emails being sent to this provider for free.

I chose this one never had a problem with it so i decided to share my experience since it seems its time to change.

Pedro,
Mail.com has put the same (actually worse) restrictions in place, so your emails are bouncing.

Mail.com is just another alias of Microsoft, along with hotmail.com, outlook.com, etc. Their email system was overrun with spam and phishing because they didn't take care of it for decades.

Their only choice, like AOL and Yahoo was to basically blacklist everybody and then whitelist domains that they deem as "safe".

The problem is that the software used to whitelist domains is flawed and rejects things that look like they might be spam, which is notoriously hard to detect. Something like the notification when you get a PM, which is always the same text sent to many different receivers, looks like spam to them.

Unless they can come up with a way to analyze the context, not content of an email, which is unlikely, more and more free email domains will never receive email from this site.

I have already gone through the mind-numbing process of requesting whitelisting from Microsoft, which worked for a few weeks until their algorithms marked some notifications as "questionable" and blacklisted me again.

The same thing is happening to small, unknown, but legitimate sites around the world.
ROCKPAGE Forum Index » General Discussion
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: