· The Forums
· The Final Cut
WEEK/WEEKEND RECAP 6/7/10
ROCKPAGE Forum Index » JP's Corner
previous topic :: next topic  
Jim Price

Post Posted: Monday Jun 28, 2010 

WEEK/WEEKEND RECAP 6/7/10

THE MAYDAY PARADE/THE DANGEROUS SUMMER/GENE THE WEREWOLF/THE HOPE FALLACY @ THE ELDOLYN TERRACE, ALTOONA 6/1/10

It had been almost a year since I last took in one of the all-ages shows presented by local promoter Ryan Wapner and his innovation “An Emergency Scene.” Since The Hope Fallacy were my scheduled guests on the next “Homegrown Rocker,” I wanted to get an updated look at the group, plus check out new Pittsburgh group Gene The Werewolf. And a couple of national acts were on this bill as well, The Mayday Parade and The Dangerous Summer.

I didn’t know much about The Mayday Parade, but obviously a whole lot of younger fans did, judging by the huge crowd lined up outside the Eldolyn Terrace when I first arrived. This scene looked like the old days of Cisco’s whenever they brought in national names! Sheetz had a refreshment trailer set up outside the door so fans could cool off while waiting in line.

The long line of fans outside the Eldolyn Terrace…This reminded me of some of the lines at the all-ages Cisco’s shows back in the ‘80s!

Of course, this huge crowd of kids made for sauna conditions once everybody was inside the Eldolyn; even with some electric fans running and the entrance door open, it was still hot inside. I made a point not to do any more moving around than necessary.

Soon, The Hope Fallacy took the stage, with a mass of mostly teenage girl humanity crowded up front to cheer them on. Having just issued their official debut EP, Bringin’ It Home, The Hope Fallacy performed tunes off the disc. Singer/guitarist Adam Pielmeier, singer/bassist Eric McCrum, guitarists Adam Mueller and Evan Fredo, and drummer Trey Carruthers did boisterous, power pop-flavored tunes from the EP such as “Over and Out,” “Behind Closed Doors,” “Caroline Street” and more, with the audience singing the lyrics back to the group. They maintained a friendly connection with the audience, and provided feverish fun from the start of their set until the end.

It’s a packed crowd up front early for openers The Hope Fallacy.

Eric McCrum of The Hope Fallacy.

It’s standing room only up front for The Hope Fallacy. Note the guy on the left, with his “shirt” painted on...With the sauna conditions, his “shirt” eventually rubbed off on everyone else up front!

Again, The Hope Fallacy.

A view from the stage of The Hope Fallacy and the massive crowd.

Again, The Hope Fallacy and the crowd.

Trey Carruthers of The Hope Fallacy.

Evan Fredo of The Hope Fallacy.

After a quick intermission to change over gear, the next band was ready to go. From Pittsburgh, Gene The Werewolf features former Punchline member Jon “Gene” Belan on lead vocals, guitar and keys; flanked by guitarist Drew Donegan, bassist Tim Schultz, keyboardist Aaron Mediate and drummer Nick Revak. They introduced a rousing, classic rock-rooted sound with a modern power-pop edge; as they did songs from their debut CD Light Me Up and a rocked-up reworking of Michael Jackson’s “Thriller.” Gene offered up a soulful voice; and the group was tight and strong behind him, generating catchy keyboard- and guitar-driven arrangements. Gene The Werewolf made an impressive showing, and I hope to see more from this band down the road.

Pittsburgh’s Gene The Werewolf kicks off their set.

Jon “Gene” Belan of Gene The Werewolf.

Again, Gene The Werewolf and fans.

The party continues with Gene The Werewolf.

Drew Donegan of Gene The Werewolf.

Nick Revak of Gene The Werewolf.

Again, “Gene” of Gene The Werewolf.

Sauna-like conditions prevailed inside the Eldolyn Terrace. I probably sweated off more calories standing in this place for the duration of this night’s show than I did with my daily walk earlier in the day.

Maryland’s Dangerous Summer soon continued with a modern-geared sound that often brought to mind U2. Frontman/bassist A.J. Perdomo provided an emotionally-intense singing delivery as he led the group on songs from their CD’s. Guitarists Cody Payne and Bryan Czap often delivered jangly, Edge-like guitar riffs to drive and flavor the sound. I didn’t catch their song titles, but their song material seemed to have a bit more emotional capital invested in it than the pop flavors of the other three bands on this bill. Interesting stuff.

Dangerous Summer plays to the packed house at the Eldolyn Terrace.

A.J. Perdomo of Dangerous Summer.

Tyler Minsberg of Dangerous Summer.

Bryan Czap of Dangerous Summer.

Dangerous Summer plays to a tight crowd up front.

Again, A.J. Perdomo of Dangerous Summer and the large all-ages crowd.

Again, Tyler Minsberg of Dangerous Summer.

And the band much of this young crowd came to see, Tallahassee, Florida-based Warped Tour vets and Atlantic Records recording group The Mayday Parade, ignited the packed house with their brand of upbeat power-pop, showcasing a number of songs from their latest CD, Anywhere But Here. The group delivered bright, simple and catchy melodies such as “”Kids In Love,” “Get Up” and “I’d Hate to Be You” and many more, with the young crowd frequently singing the group’s words back to them. The group’s presentation was energetic, friendly and appreciative, with frontman/keyboardist Derek Sanders often thanking the fans for their support. The crowd quickly demanded an encore at set’s end, and The Mayday Parade responded with two songs, “One Man Drinking Games” and “Jersey.”

Derek Sanders of The Mayday Parade.

Jeremy Lenzo of The Mayday Parade.

Brooks Betts of The Mayday Parade.

Fans wave and cheer for Derek Sanders and The Mayday Parade.

Derek and Jeremy of The Mayday Parade.

Derek and Brooks of The Mayday Parade.

Female hands clamor for Derek Sanders of The Mayday Parade.

Once again, the massive crowd cheers on The Mayday Parade.

I quickly made my escape out the door to discover it was at least 20 degrees cooler outside. Many other fans did likewise. Although a hot and sweaty time, this all-ager at the Eldolyn Terrace featured four solid bands with distinctive sounds. And it was cool to see the mass crowd of youngsters in attendance to cheer on their favorite bands. It was good to see An Emergency Scene still successfully bringing kids out to see live music!

MT. CITY GRASS @ HILLBILLY ROY’S, ALTOONA 6/2/10

The first Wednesday night of the month meant another bluegrass jam at Hillbilly Roy’s with Mt. City Grass, and another opportunity to savor Butch’s barbecue ribs and fries…I was there!

It was good to see a few more people in the house this time around, compared to the empty house last month. As I arrived, Mt. City Grass was performing as a four-piece, with Denny Cerully playing upright bass in place of wife Kate while she was away, reportedly picking up their son, Carter, at an event elsewhere in town. Ed Decker was playing acoustic guitar, Tom McCarty mandolin and a banjo player I didn’t recognize was sitting in.

The group was doing a grassed-up version of John Denver’s “Take Me Home Country Roads” as I arrived and ordered up ribs and fries. The group continued with several Bill Monroe numbers such as “Going Back to Old Kentucky,” “All the Good Times Are Past and Gone” and “On and On.”

At this point, Kate returned to Hillbilly Roy’s, setting up one of the funnier highlights of the night, as owner Butch’s mom promptly told Kate, “He (Denny) sucked! Don’t ever let him play that thing again!” The rest of the musicians and the room erupted in laughter.

With Kate back on upright bass and Denny returning to his acoustic guitar, Mt. City Grass continued their friendly bluegrass selection with numbers such as the Tom-fronted “Alabama Bound,” Bill Monroe’s “I’m On My Way Back to the Old Home,” Ralph Stanley’s “Down Where the River Bends,” “Rocky Top,” Buck Owens’ “Excuse Me (I Think I’ve Got a Heartache)” and more. Later in the show, Hillbilly Roy’s main man Butch, his lady Brandi and his dad chimed in with spoon accompaniment; prompting Denny to remark, “I used to be a traditionalist, but it’s more fun doing this!”

It again amounted to laid-back, bluegrassin’ fun, accompanied by tasty ribs and fries. I look forward to the first Wednesday of next month so I can enjoy it all again!

Brandi on spoons accompanies Mt. City Grass.

Again, Brandi on spoons.

Mt. City Grass, bluegrassin’ it up at Hillbilly Roy’s.

Butch on spoons and Tom McCarty with Mt. City Grass.

Again, Mt. City Grass.

JAM NIGHT @ PELLEGRINE’S, ALTOONA 6/2/10

After Mt. City Grass’ bluegrass jam concluded, I headed a few doors up the street to Pellegrine’s, to join the weekly Wednesday Jam Night, already in progress.

Eric D was performing his selection of folk and rock when I first arrived. He did selections such as Tom Petty’s “I Won’t Back Down,” The Devil Makes Three’s “Old Number 7,” Old Crow Medicine Show’s “Tell It to Me” and “Wagon Wheel,” and more. Dean “Elmer” Berkhimer joined Eric with his upright bass, ‘Honey,’ which he found several years ago abandoned in a dumpster.

Eric D and Dean Berkhimer during Pellegrine’s Jam Night.

The Up Downs then took the stage, and played a selection of Americana-geared sounds. They opened with Marshall Tucker Band’s “Fire on the Mountain,” and did such tunes as the Beatles’ “Eleanor Rigby,” Steve Earle’s “The Devil’s Right Hand” and more.

The Up Downs.

The Shark Bite tandem of Adam D on keys and Big Jim on acoustic guitar then took the stage, signifying the start of the actual jam session. Partaking in the jams this night were Brian Weston on vocals, Don Osborn and Bloody Fingers on guitars, Eric D, and yours truly on bongos and cajon. Although not a huge crowd or large turnout of musicians this night, the jams were fun, and the folks who were in the house enjoyed them.

FELIX & THE HURRICANES @ PELLEGRINE’S, ALTOONA 6/3/10

Pellegrine’s has started presenting Felix & the Hurricanes with Dave Villani on keys every Thursday night. After completing some broadcast employer duties, I decided to stop by and see how the inaugural night was going.

Although not heavily attended, at least a few familiar-looking “Hurricaniacs” were in the house to watch as Felix, Bob, Jeff and Dave played their selection of classic rock, blues and originals. Dave’s keyboard presence added depth and color to the Hurricanes’ sound; and offered a different edge to the sound not normally heard on other nights.

The group did established favorites from the Allman Brothers, Charlie Daniels, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Brooks & Dunn, Cream, ZZ Top, Santana, Doors and more. They also did several of their original song favorites, and introduced several new ones such as “Beale Street Boogie,” “Comin’ Home to You,” “Looky There,” and an instrumental entitled “Whirlwind.”

In the waning stages of the night, one fan yelled out “Free Bird.” In most cases, a band would cringe when hearing those words uttered during a gig; but for the Hurricanes, they accepted the request and closed the night with it. And the Hurricanes made it sound fresh and reinvigorated, with all four musicians playing for broke and making this Skynyrd classic count!

I would expect and hope that attendance for this new weekly Hurricanes show will increase as word gets out that the group has found a new Thursday home. And not only will Altoona fans get to see the group with Jeff on bass once again, they’ll get to hear a weekly keyboard presence courtesy of Dave Villani.

Dave Villani on keys with Felix of the Hurricanes.

The Hurricanes with Dave Villani.

Again, Dave Villani on keys.

STEVE McCULLEY MEMORIAL BENEFIT @ ALDO’S, ALTOONA 6/4/10

Two weeks after his passing, a memorial benefit show for Steve McCulley took place this night at Aldo’s, with proceeds helping out his wife, Denise, and family. Four bands would donate their talents on the stage this night in memory of Steve.

Broadcast employer and Pennsylvania Musician delivery duties prevented me from arriving in time to see the first act, Drain The Sorrow. I did arrive in time to see part of Chapter 5’s set, and watched as frontman/bassist Tim Mortand company stormed out their pedal-to-the-metal originals “Hollow Song,” Compromised” and “Stand Alone.” Before the last song, Tim addressed the audience about their friendship with Steve and the McCulley family, saying that “The McCulley’s have always meant a lot to the Mort’s.”

Tim Mort and Tom Noel of Chapter 5.

Again, Tim and Tom of Chapter 5.

One more time, Tim Mort of Chapter 5.

Next up was I-Enemy with their hard modern-rocking sounds. As they did the previous weekend at Biker Billy Bash, the corps of singer Ryan Dibert, guitarists Rich Johnson and Jody Earnest, bassist Jim Stephanic and drummer Dave Russell forcefully hammered out a variety of modern rocking fare from Korn, Slipknot, Deftones, Chevelle, System Of A Down and more. Their presentation was tough, tight, and rousing, and had folks cheering from start to end.

I-Enemy launches their set during the Steve McCulley benefit.

Ryan Dibert of I-Enemy.

Jody Earnest and Jim Stephanic of I-Enemy.

Ryan Dibert and Rich Johnson of I-Enemy.

Once again, I-Enemy.

Steve’s former bandmates, Half-Tempted, took the stage to finish out the night. This set provided the emotional highlights of the night. Shortly after singer/guitarist Ron Dalansky, bassist Joe George and drummer Clint Carothers started into their performance of classic rocking numbers, they were soon joined by his wife, Denise, who sang out lead vocals on AC/DC’s “Whole Lotta Rosie” to the supportive cheers of the audience. On the following number, the Doors’ “Roadhouse Blues,” Steve’s brother, Ryan, joined the group on guitar, also to the cheers of the crowd. Half Tempted and their guests continued with numbers from Kiss, Alice In Chains, Wild Cherry, Black Sabbath and more; as the audience came together to cheer and show solidarity with Denise and Ryan.

Ron Dalansky of Half Tempted, rocking “the ultimate headbanger” in front of Aldo’s stage.

Once again, Half Tempted and “the ultimate headbanger” – dude is feeling it!

Denise McCulley and Joe George.

Again, Denise and Joe.

Fans cheer on Denise and Half Tempted.

Again, Denise McCulley.

Again, the audience cheers Denise and Half Tempted.

Ryan McCulley joins Joe George and Half Tempted.

Again, Ryan and Joe.

Again, Ryan McCulley.

A side angle of Half Tempted and fans in front of the stage.

Clint Carothers of Half Tempted.

Once again, Half Tempted.

Half Tempted with Ryan and Denise.

Half Tempted, “the ultimate headbanger,” Ryan and Denise.

Once again, Half Tempted, Ryan and Denise, and the crowd.

Once again, Ryan and Denise.

One more time, the crowd celebrates Ryan, Denise and Half Tempted.

As it often does in tough times, music this night helped in the healing process, and provided the catalyst to something greater that transcended the moment. Hats off to all four bands, the Aldo’s staff, and all the fans and friends who came out to show their support and remember Steve this night.

Steve McCulley was celebrated with music and photos this night at Aldo’s.

WILD GUESS @ 30 SOMETHING, ALTOONA 6/5/10

Sometimes my Saturdays don’t quite go as planned…

I had been planning to take in this weekend’s Mysterytrain festival installment, the Depot Festival, happening at PPG Pavilion in Tipton. I hoped to get there by at least late afternoon to witness the host band plus several guest bands in action. I first had to get my prep and production work completed for this Sunday’s “Homegrown Rocker” – a task I usually do on Sunday each week, but because I was involved with the Eugene Ciccarella benefit at Pellegrine’s the following day, I had to get my prep work done this Saturday instead. It took longer than expected, and a last-minute development added more time to my tasks, so I didn’t escape the radio station until 10 PM. By that point, it made no sense to attempt to attend Depot Fest, as the host band would be nearly done when I arrived, and there would be only one band after them. And it was raining too.

So thwarted from Plan A, I had to work up a Plan B…Since I hadn’t eaten a meal all day, I needed to get some food into my system; but most of the restaurants are done for the day by 10 PM. I decided I’d swing by 30 Something, whose kitchen was still open, and see what band was there this night. Fortunately, it was a band name I had yet to write about, Wild Guess. So they became the focus of my live music coverage this night.

Featuring lead singer/guitarist Matt Wirtner, former Spirit Lost guitarist Joe Harpster, bassist Shane Gherrity and Slacker Theory bassist Ryan George on drums; Wild Guess performed rocking classics from the ‘60s through ‘80s during their three sets. The group performed many revered classic rock canons; such as Jimi Hendrix’s “Purple Haze,” Nazareth’s “Hair of the Dog,” Ted Nugent’s “Cat Scratch Fever,” BTO’s “Takin’ Care of Business,” AC/DC’s “You Shook Me All Night Long” and “Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap,” Grand Funk Railroad’s “We’re an American Band” and many more. But they also spotlighted forgotten classics along the way, like The Who’s “The Seeker,” the Blue Cheer version of “Summertime Blues,” Journey’s “Stone in Love” and more.

Wild Guess offered a solid, steady performance through it all, and Matt fronted with a strong singing voice and witty persona that kept the audience entertained and interested. Simply put, it was solid, straight-up-the-gut rock’n’roll, and I liked it!

So while it wasn’t the show I originally planned on seeing, Wild Guess did a good job salvaging my Saturday night. Watch for this group; they deliver a good time!

Wild Guess, rocking and rolling at 30 Something.

Matt Wirtner of Wild Guess.

Joe Harpster of Wild Guess.

Again, Wild Guess.

Again, Matt Wirtner of Wild Guess.

Shane Gherrity of Wild Guess.

Who’s the band? Wild Guess, I guess.

Matt and Joe of Wild Guess.

Matt, Joe and Shane of Wild Guess.

Not slacking this night, Ryan George behind the drum kit with Wild Guess.

Again, Ryan George of Wild Guess.

One more time, Matt Wirtner of Wild Guess.

“BENEFIT FOR EUGENE” @ PELLEGRINE’S, ALTOONA 6/6/10

For the second time in three days, I witnessed the healing power of music in action, and the power of music to provide the setting for something greater that transcends the moment.

After 16-year-old Eugene Ciccarella drowned in Lake Raystown the previous weekend, a benefit concert was quickly organized for this night at Pellegrine’s, to enable the community to come together and rally around Eugene’s father, Anthony (Pellegrine’s longtime doorman) and the rest of the surviving Ciccarella family. The Benefit for Eugene was heavily attended, as friends, families, bands, musicians and concerned community members united in solidarity to show the Ciccarella family that they weren’t alone in weathering the tragedy.

It was impressive to see the outpouring of support even before the music began. Brian McConnell and Freelance Audio were providing the production, and brought in a big sound board and system to make sure these performances would sound great the entire night. Pellegrine’s went all-out, offering various food and drink specials, with all proceeds going to the Ciccarella family.

This benefit provided many uplifting moments; starting with Felix & the Hurricanes’ opening performance. Joined by Dave Villani on keys and Brian Cupples on guitar, the Hurricanes spotlighted positive-themed song fare from their catalog, including their original songs “Neighbors,” “Strength and Courage” and “Keep On Rockin,’” plus the Allman Brothers’ “Ain’t Wastin’ Time No More” and the Dave-fronted version of Stephen Stills’ “Love the One You’re With.” The ‘Canes favorite “Walking a Straight Line” provided another high point, as the song evolved into a spirited jam session finish. The Hurricanes’ stellar musicianship and uplifting, hopeful themes set the tone for the show and set the table for the special happenings to follow.

Kicking off “Benefit for Eugene,” The Hurricanes with guests Dave Villani and Brian Cupples.

Dave Villani and lead Hurricane Felix Kos.

Once again, The Hurricanes with Dave Villani and Brian Cupples.

One of the night’s most special moments occurred during the next band’s set…Featuring Brian Cupples, Pete Caccamo on bass and Peter Wolf on drums; Three Rivers picked up the ball and ran with it, performing another uplifting set. The group started into their set of classic rock and blues; doing various numbers by Stevie Ray Vaughan, Jonny Lang, Bob Dylan and more. As the group started into their finale of U2’s “With or Without You,” Eugene’s father, Anthony, and young sister Josephine came up on stage and started playing along on conga. Anthony’s brother, Frank, soon joined them; followed by other family members. Frank was invited to help sing lead vocals, and the whole family began singing along as the large audience looked and cheered on; it was a powerful moment of togetherness and healing that likely left few dry eyes in the house! Needless to say, music’s healing power was in abundance this night!

Three Rivers commences their performance.

Peter Wolf of Three Rivers.

Pete Caccamo of Three Rivers.

Brian Cupples of Three Rivers.

Again, Peter Wolf.

As dancers take to the floor, Eugene’s father, Anthony, plays the conga during Three Rivers’ performance.

Anthony and young daughter Josephine play the conga onstage with Three Rivers.

Anthony’s brother, Frank, teaches Josephine some conga rhythms onstage.

Frank, Anthony and Josephine onstage with Three Rivers.

Brian Cupples of Three Rivers.

Again, Frank, Anthony and Josephine.

Members of the Ciccarella family join in with Three Rivers onstage.

Once again, the Ciccarella family with Three Rivers; what an emotion-packed moment!

Although I had to leave during Eric D's set for "Homegrown Rocker" duties, I heard nothing but good things about the performances of Bad Daze, The House Band with Trace Baker, Shark Bite (with members of Bad Daze joining them), and Roaring Spring folk/bluegrassers The Up Downs. Thanks again to Adam D for taking over the emceeing duties during my absence.

Eric D performs solo at “Benefit for Eugene.”

The Up Downs, nearing the end of their set during the benefit.

Adam D, helping emcee during “Benefit for Eugene.”

I arrived back at the end of The Up Downs’ set, and watched as Dick Shack Posse kept the mood elevated with their old-school punk rocking sounds. After special guest Tim Gatehouse provided a solo bagpipe introduction; snger Scoob Lanzendorfer, guitarists Jeff Reid and Brian Weibley, bass lady Andrea Weibley and drummer Bob Brunner Dick Shack Posse kicked through old-school punk classics from The Clash, Agnostic Front, Rancid, Circle Jerks and more. Scoob dedicated Black Flag’s “Rise Above” to the Ciccarella family, and Tim Gatehouse accompanied Dick Shack Posse with his bagpipes on a Dropkick Murphys number to close the set.

Dick Shack Posse fires up the punk rock at “Benefit for Eugene.”

Brian Weibley of Dick Shack Posse.

Bob Brunner of Dick Shack Posse.

Scoob Lanzendorfer and Jeff Reid of Dick Shack Posse.

With Eugene’s father, Anthony, looking on, Dick Shack Posse.

Guest Tim Gatehouse plays the bagpipes with Dick Shack Posse.

Scoob Lanzendorfer and Tim Gatehouse.

Taking the stage next was 7th Gear, who elevated the dance floor party with their lively set of sounds. Singer/guitarist Brendon Burns, bassist/singer Kelly Montgomery and drummer Randy Servello fired up the party with tunes from Pink Floyd, Jimmy Eat World, Tommy Tutone, Phish, Jimi Hendrix, Aerosmith, Nena and more. The dance floor grew busier as 7th Gear’s set progressed, and the group successfully kept the mood and spirits high.

Brendon Burns and Kelly Montgomery of 7th Gear.

Again, Brendon Burns of 7th Gear.

Again, Kelly Montgomery of 7th Gear.

Kathy Tornatore jumps up to sing with 7th Gear.

Again, Kelly Montgomery.

Randy Servello of 7th Gear.

The dance floor crowd shifts into gear for 7th Gear.

Once again, 7th Gear and dancers.

Vent picked up the party ball and ran with it to the end of the night. Singer Tom Getz, guitarist Dave Plisco, bassist Rob Staph and drummer Jason Houser continued to keep dancers on the floor with tunes from Seven Mary Three, Tom Petty, Eve 6, Green Day, Fountains Of Wayne, Bloodhound Gang, Ataris, Duran Duran, Puddle Of Mudd and more. Highlights included Dave’s precision guitar licks on The Cure’s “Just Like Heaven,” and Ed Hofer chiming in on backing vocals during Duran Duran’s “Hungry Like the Wolf.” Late in the set, Anthony stepped up to the microphone, thanked everyone and offered thoughts on what this night meant to him and his family.

A view of Vent from behind Brian McConnell of Freelance Audio and his large sound console.

Dave Plisco of Vent.

Tom Getz and Rob Staph of Vent.

Again, Dave Plisco of Vent.

Vent keeps fans dancing and cheering during “Benefit for Eugene.”

Rob Staph of Vent.

Once again, Vent.

Jason Houser of Vent.

Ed Hofer (right) sings some backing vocals with Vent.

One more time, Vent.

Needless to say, “Benefit for Eugene” was a huge success! The music was great and the mood uplifting throughout the night. The biggest highlight for me was seeing the local community come together under one roof to show support and lift the spirits of a family going through a rough time. Seeing the smiles on the faces of Anthony and the rest of the family was heartening...this night left them know that they were not alone in dealing with their loss, and that this Altoona area community cares.

A big thanks goes out to EVERYBODY who came together to make "Benefit for Eugene" a very special evening! Hats off to Harry, Natalie and Pellegrine's family and staff for everything they did, including selling food items with proceeds going to the family; Brian, Jeremy and Freelance Audio for the impressive sound system and production; Adam D for coordinating the talent and helping emcee while I was away; the area businesses that helped out (including VIP Limousine, who sold chances to win a 2-hour limo ride, donating all proceeds to the family; and Transfer Junction printed special Eugene T-shirts for the Ciccarella family to wear during the event); and all the friends, fans and concerned members of the community who packed Pelly's from start to end in support of the Ciccarella family.

“Benefit For Eugene” raised a large amount of funds to cover the family’s funeral expenses; but perhaps more importantly, it enabled a community to come together and let the Ciccarella family know it cared. For me, this benefit showed what a community is about...Great job everyone!

http://pamusician.net
 Back to top »
Jim Price

Post Posted: Thursday May 26, 2011 

http://pamusician.net
 Back to top »
ROCKPAGE Forum Index » JP's Corner
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: