· The Final Cut
PRS Precision
ROCKPAGE Forum Index » Tech Sector
previous topic :: next topic  
lonewolf
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Post Posted: Wednesday Feb 08, 2012 

I had no idea until I decided to put my Mira Korina back to original and upgrade my KL1812.

I removed the Dragon pickups, custom pickguard, Tonepros locking studs and Pigtail adjustable wraparound bridge and set them aside. I removed the stock compensated bridge and uncovered HFS/VB pickups from the KL1812.

Earlier, I covered and potted a set of HFS/VB pickups and installed these and the Tonepros studs/Pigtail bridge on the KL1812, leaving the old stretched strings on it to adjust the intonation. I strung it up and proceeded with the intonation...

It didn't need any adjustment going from one 25" scale PRS guitar to the other! Amazing.

I re-assembled the Mira Korina to original, except that I upgraded it to the uncovered HFS/VB pickups. I got out the old Mira Korina studs and stock compensated wraparound bridge from where I stashed it two years ago (even before the neck was repaired). I put them on and proceeded with the intonation...

It didn't need any adjustment at all...even after being repaired and torn apart! Amazing!
ROCKPAGE Forum Index » Tech Sector
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: