· Show Schedule
· The Forums
· The Final Cut
The End of an Era...
ROCKPAGE Forum Index » General Discussion
previous topic :: next topic  
Jim Price

Post Posted: Thursday Apr 05, 2018 

Although I am sure many people have already learned about this via social media or the new April issue, I wanted to share this news regarding the end of an era...Pennsylvania Musician Magazine will be closing up shop soon. Editor and owner Robin Noll is putting the magazine up for sale. If a buyer doesn't surface, the magazine will cease publication, with the May issue being the finale.

Here is Robin's online message:

Quote:
Editor's Note: After 36 years of publishing the Pennsylvania Musician Magazine I have decided that it is time to let it go to someone else who has a desire to promote and cover the great music scene throughout Pennsylvania. The last few years my heart is just not into it anymore. I am very thankful for all the energy and time many people have helped in keeping the publication going for without them it wouldn't even be what it is today.

I am 64, going to be 65 this year and feel it is time to let it go and focus on our local Shopper's Remedy. It would be great if someone has the money and time and interest to keep it going. If that's you give me a call at 717.444.2423. The Pennsylvania Musician Magazine has a lot of potential and we have created a very good website presence that is updated monthly and a facebook that is quite popular with over 6,500 likes.

I am very thankful for ALL the wonderful support we have had throughout the industry for 36 Years. We will do one more issue, May and then I will be focusing on The Shopper's Remedy and expanding those pages into our original ideas of serving our local community that we live in.

If you want to get in the last issue that are sure to be "Collector's Items" the Deadline for May will be Friday, April 20th.

It is very hard to let something go that I have worked on so hard and so long I believe that we have made a difference for many musicians over the years and I know that we have not done the music scene and all the talented musicians throughout Pennsylvania justice in the coverage that they should have had. Pennsylvania has talent throughout the state that never gets recornized but none the less they continue to let the music inside of them flow out to bless us all. I know the music will continue to flow and may you all be acknowledged for your great talent... Robin Noll - Editor/Owner of the PA Musician Magazine

Since a number of people have inquired about my future beyond Pennsylvania Musician, let me assure you that I will continue to write about, report, photograph, and - as has been my developing passion in recent years - pen sketch this area's music scene. I will be meeting with some folks in the next few days to discuss new ideas for how my coverage may continue moving forward, and I will provide updates as more details become available.

I want to extend heartfelt thanks to Whitey and Robin Noll for bringing me on board as a writer and columnist for Pennsylvania Musician almost 31 years ago. And - on behalf of many of this area's musicians - I thank them for providing Pennsylvania Musician as a resource and constant friend to the state's music community. And I wish both Whitey and Robin the most happiness and success in their lives and endeavors after Pennsylvania Musician. It has been a fun and rewarding journey!

http://pamusician.net
 Back to top »
moxham123
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Post Posted: Friday Apr 06, 2018 

I am sorry to hear Pennsylvania Musician magazine may no longer exist. It is a very appreciated publication to promote the regional and statewide music scene while highlighting many acts.

Thank you for all you have done over the years.

Last edited by moxham123 on Monday Apr 09, 2018; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
Ronnyd
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Posted: Monday Apr 09, 2018 

Best of luck Robin,Whitey,and Jim!
 Back to top »
Jim Price

Post Posted: Friday Apr 27, 2018 

I am happy to provide this update: Pennsylvania Musician will continue.

Josh Noll, the son of the magazine's founders, Whitey and Robin Noll, has stepped up to the plate and will take over operation of the magazine as publisher and editor. So the publication will continue beyond May. There may be some changes, and a learning curve as Josh gets familiar with the operation of the magazine. But hopefully he may also bring new ideas and energy to move the magazine forward as well.

So bottom line: PA MUSICIAN LIVES ON!

http://pamusician.net
 Back to top »
moxham123
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Post Posted: Friday Apr 27, 2018 

That is fantastic news! Rock on Pennsylvania Musician Magazine.
 Back to top »
ROCKPAGE Forum Index » General Discussion
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: