· Show Schedule
· The Forums
· The Final Cut
Letter to Senator
ROCKPAGE Forum Index » The Law
previous topic :: next topic  
kickinband

Post Posted: Wednesday Dec 07, 2005 

This is a copy of the letter that I sent to our State Senator Mr. John Wozniak.

Dear Mr. John Wozniak,
I am a business owner in Cambria County that is having some issues with some state Laws pertaining to my business. I own the Country Inn Bar & Grille. It is located near South Fork on Rt 53 right up the road from the old Liberty Park. First off, let me tell you that I have owned the business for almost two years. I bought the old worn down building and worked many 18 hour days cleaning it up. The clientele that visited the place needed a good cleaning out as well. We worked hard and now have a great place where family's come to eat, socialize and enjoy some family fun including Karaoke, Polka Parties, and occasional bands. I've operated almost two years without incident and now I feel I'm being harassed by the PLCE. Otherwise the Pennsylvania Liquor Control Enforcement Officers. (State Police) I am a family man who has concerns for the neighborhood and I would not want my business to inconvenience any of them. I am in business to make the community a better place, not to disrupt the lives of my neighbors. The problem I have is one of the laws concerning licensed establishments and the loud speaker. I know this is a "state wide" problem and it is now effecting me and my business. I work hard at running my business and I think that the great Commonwealth of Pa should have laws that protect businesses from being subject to harassment. I am organizing an action group to change this unreasonable law that governs our business. I would like to meet with you to discuss this issue with you. As our State Senator, I'm sure you are concerned with our issues. We generate a lot of tax base for the state and local government and our industry has the largest number of employees within the state. You can reach me at my business phone at 495-3099. John, I know you have a lot of issues that you deal with everyday and I admire you for that. This is a "real" issue that effects "many people" not just us owners. I will not stop until I along with many other people that this unfair law victimizes are in Harrisburg finding out how we can get this law written as to where it does not show prejudice.
Thankyou for taking the time to read this letter and I'm looking forward to talking to you on this issue sometime in the very near future.
Yours Truely,
Stephen E. Mattis, Sr
Owner: Country Inn Bar & Grille
http://www.countryinnbar.com
 Back to top »
red
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Posted: Wednesday Dec 07, 2005 

Very well written! Best of luck.....
 Back to top »
no surrender