ROCKPAGE Forum Index » The Law
previous topic :: next topic  
GUITARII
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Posted: Monday Jan 30, 2006 

grimmbass wrote:
All,

I agree with you all that this meeting was an excellent start....kudos to you, Paul! Sorry I had to leave early....a few suggestions to help get this off the ground:

1. Although we don't want to get bogged down in red tape, we DO need a spokesperson if we want this to be a unified effort. We should elect a spokesperson at the next meeting. It should be this person's job to keep meetings on-track and on-schedule.

2. Like many of the attendees, I participated in the venting nature of much of the meeting. We've got that out of the way now....we should have a simple agenda and set meeting time (i.e. the meeting has a firm start and end time) to force us to be productive.

3. We need to establish specific deliverables and tasks at the end of each meeting. Without these details, we will make no quick progress. Time is short on the matter at hand. Bottom line: If we come up with a task, there needs to be a specific individual (or individuals) who is/are responsible and an accompanying timeline.

4. We need a real plan so that this effort is towards a common goal and not a "scattershot" approach. The idea of using ABATE as an example is right on the money.

If we get the legislature's attention, we need to know what we want to happen.

I am with you 100% on this effort.

Kent

I totally agree with you Kent! I would also like to suggest that we pick someone that has not been "directly" involved at this point. I don't think a club owner or band member that has been hit by the PLCB would be a wise choice because then it becomes too personal. The canidate needs to represent the entire group, with no "self" interests. I thought the first meeting was a great way to start off but was a little disappointed because I don't feel everyone got the chance to speak when they wanted to..... I felt that we spoke more in terms of supporting the club owner at the meeting, which is great!! Don't misinterpret... our spokesperson needs to have a feel for everyone's thoughts and opinions and will need to "hold the reigns" on the meeting, so to speak, so everyone gets a chance to speak.

www.facebook.com/lockednloaded2012
 Back to top »
DMFJ03
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Well put, Daniel.
www.facebook.com/rootandthefifths
www.twitter.com/rootfifths
www.pabands.com
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Atomic Jim
Gold Member
Gold Member

A lot is always TWO words, e.g.: a lot people.
 Back to top »
lonewolf
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

bassist_25 wrote:
We have Senator Wozniak in our corner, but he's going to need to see support. Within the coming days, we will be posting information about how to contact him with your letters of support (straight from Wozniak's mouth: Petitions are worthless, but letters will get things done). Let's put aside all of the meaningless bullshit of covers vs. originals, whether people do drugs at Christian concerts, etc. and pull together for this cause.

It's good that Senator Wozniak is sympathetic to our cause, but we need to go beyond one Senator. Any person who would like to support our effort needs to write 2 letters: One to your General Assembly Representative and one to your State Senator. We will provide some guidelines for this in the near future.

The Blair County Senator just happens to be the Senate President Pro Tempore and Member ex-Officio of all Standing Committees. In other words, Senator Bob Jubilerer may be the most important person we can get on our side. Once we set some guidelines, I urge everyone in Senator Jubilerer's district to write him a letter in support of changing the noise rule.

Here is a link to legislative contacts:

http://www.state.pa.us/papower/taxonomy/taxonomy.asp?DLN=31786

I also have a positive feeling about what is happening here, but for this to work, we need the support of every last Rockpager and then some.
lonewolf
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

undercoverjoe wrote:
Sen. Bob (secret vote at 3:00 am for self pay raise) Jubiler may not be a state senator for long. I will bet he is beaten by John Eichelberger.

That's November. Apparently, this is the year they review PLCB rules. We have to put a bill on the floor by this summer.

To everybody:

WE ONLY HAVE UNTIL SUMMER TO FINISH THIS
onetooloud
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Posted: Tuesday Jan 31, 2006 

Sunday was the first meeting please be patient!

The next meeting should be much more structured.
 Back to top »
lonewolf
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

onetooloud wrote:
Sunday was the first meeting please be patient!

The next meeting should be much more structured.

This is not a matter of impatience. It is extremely important that everybody (not just the "core") is aware that there is a legislative window of opportunity that closes this summer and may not open again for a few years.

Also, for everyone who thinks this is an impossible battle against "the Man" and that this effort is a lesson in futility:

Stop and ponder what it is that we want to accomplish. Our goal is to legislate a rule that will protect the public at large from excessive noise levels emanating from PLCB licensed establishments. What legislator is going to vote against a soundbite like that? I firmly believe that if we can get a rule on the floor of the Senate by the end of spring that it will pass with little dissent.
byndrsn
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

To Everyone (especially "the Core Group"),

Something I have been thinking about the last two days:

We really need to make a conscious effort to not make Rockpage our main forum. Someone at the meeting suggested asking Ron if we could get a topic on here that was just for our purpose and JP thought it would be possible. I also thought that it would be a great idea until last night.

With today's technology, the internet can keep us connected instantly and that is a great thing, but I think we need to look outside of Rockpage for this, and here is why:

Last night I was scanning through a few different threads and shaking my head about some of the stuff I was reading. I then started to think back to last years election and some of the shit that I was saying (along with many others on here - but I will blame myself first cause the rest of you know who you are!!!) and I got to thinking about some things.

Mainly - if it is well known that we are coordinating efforts through this site, then it will only be a matter of time (that time is determined by how successful we are, the more successful - the shorter the time) anyway, it will only be a matter of time before other people start reading posts on Rockpage. By other people I am talking about PLCB agents, police, and especially State Legislators!!!!

Let's think about this - do we really want to attract attention to this forum where we sometimes have a happy little family that can dick around with each other or even sometimes get down right brutally honest? No, we don't!!!!! Or, at least I don't think so!!!

Comments? Thoughts?

Urbs
tonefight
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

I could see trying to keep planning and strategy discussions off RP but maintain RP as a place to get the word out. most planning and strategy should be saved for meetings anyway.
However there really isn't too much if anything we need to hide ?

Or are you saying that RP isn't a good place to promote our efforts ? Being that it can get crazy in here I can also agree with this. We did discuss after you left of Jamie doing a website so maybe that will be the place we use to represent ourselves.
lonewolf
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Post Posted: Wednesday Feb 01, 2006 

If we don't utilize every asset at our disposal, especially Rockpage, we may as well hang it up. The members of this site are the 1st best chance we have of getting letters to the legislators. I am completely against any idea that would result in limiting our resources in any way shape or form.

I will not play defense on this issue.
tonefight
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

I think what Tom is saying is that with the craziness of the posts in here at times there shouldn't be a direct connection between the efforts and RP general discussion.

In other words, use the website Jamie is going to do as the groups main association, use rockpage to get people to the groups page. Does this sound like what you were thinking Tom ?
byndrsn
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Yeah, that is what I was thinking.

What I wouldn't want to see is us (the group) pointing towards Rockpage for all of our correspondence and networking. Because eventually a politician or someone will come to this site and check it out and it really could hurt our cause if they look at the wrong post.

Again, this is just food for thought. I in no way want to infringe on 1st ammendment rights - I just want to cover our asses so we can be as successful as possible.
lonewolf
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Ok, you mean like "official business". That makes sense.

I agree that a public thread is not the best place for that.

We DO need Rockpage to rally the members into writing letters.

We need a LETTER WRITING FRENZY....
bassist_25

I just want to let everyone know that I need send out all of our contact information to each other. For some reason, the messages I sent to Tom, Jamie, Lisa, and Mickey have been delayed. They will be reaching you all, so check your inboxes for them. See everyone later.
cruseaudio
Gold Member
Gold Member

just puttin the ad back to the top of the page!!!!!

LETTERS!!!!
 Back to top »
DMFJ03
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Post Posted: Thursday Feb 02, 2006 

Paul, what email address did you use?

If you used yahoo, I can't check it. For some reason, my home computer hates me and doesn't let me view it.

Use the hotmail address instead.

deathmasterfunkjae@hotmail.com
www.pabands.com
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
YankeeRose
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

PEACE,
Donna

www.habitat.org www.unicef.org www.savethechildren.org

Last edited by YankeeRose on Friday Feb 03, 2006; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Big Jim

Yankee,

There will be more information available after the next meeting, and then it will be time to act. We will be discussing the key points we want in the letter at the meeting, and also have the list of legislators for each county/district.

A copied form letter in large quantities was not thought to be effective. Same for a petition. But individually written letters (including the person's involvement in the situation, ie: "I'm a club owner & my sales are down because of this/I employ less people now", "I'm a waitress and I lost my job and income", "I'm a musician/entertainer and am finding less places available", I'm a fan and think it's not fair"). You get the idea.

Thanks for your interest & involvement. Stay tuned.
 Back to top »
YankeeRose
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

PEACE,
Donna

www.habitat.org www.unicef.org www.savethechildren.org

Last edited by YankeeRose on Friday Feb 03, 2006; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
onetooloud
Gold Member
Gold Member

Yep

Last edited by onetooloud on Thursday Feb 02, 2006; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
DMFJ03
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

WARNING:

This has potential to turn into a flame war.

If you have something to say, say it at the meeting.

Don't be the cause for getting this thread locked.

I speak to everyone.
www.pabands.com
 Back to top »
ROCKPAGE Forum Index » The Law
Go to page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: