· The Final Cut
Guitar Care
ROCKPAGE Forum Index » Tech Sector
previous topic :: next topic  
facingwest
Retroactive Member
Retroactive Member

Post Posted: Tuesday Dec 23, 2003 

Just wanted to see if anyone had any tips about or products you use to care for acoustics and/or electrics (This includes bodies, necks, and strings.) I've tried a multitude of things over the years and am looking for something new and different.
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
Ron
Site Admin
Site Admin

For acoustics, try and keep them in a room with a humidifier during the winter months. The dry air can cause the wood to shrink and possibly warp or crack. If you don't have a humidifier, a small sponge in an open plastic bag in the case will keep it happy, it's just a pain to re-wet it every few days.
tonefight
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

If you keep your guitars in a place with forced air heat then I would really consider that humidifier. I don't do much for care of my instruments though I figure they are there to be used and abused and enjoyed, I never had the desire to own something i would have to baby and worry about. What type of guitar care are you concerned with anyway? As far as I know keeping the gunk and oil wiped off the neck and watch the dry air was the only things I ever knew of as concerns.
 Back to top »
Punkinhead
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Post Posted: Wednesday Dec 24, 2003 

first things first, every time the weather changes in this area, you need to get your guitar checked up....shit like intonation, neck/truss rod adjustments, etc. this is about every 6 months or so....this is if you continually use the same set up obviously....

i use lemon oil to clean my frets, ernie ball polish to to clean my guitar, nothing on my strings cept an old rag cuz it kills the feel of digging into my fingers, which i need...i use q tips to get the hard to get areas, and the air spray shit to get in the really hard to get at areas....i use guitar honey too to get off stuff that im having trouble with....fingernail polish for touch up paint....thats all i can remember at the moment
ROCKPAGE Forum Index » Tech Sector
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: