Go to page Previous  1, 2
ROCKPAGE Forum Index » The Law
previous topic :: next topic  
Lisa
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Posted: Monday Jul 28, 2008 

Bag wrote:

And Brian, don't get the wrong idea about the bar. It's not full of snobs or anything. They just try to keep it clean and hassle free. I mean, if a dirtbag like me can hang out there... Wink Also, when I was the manager of the bowling alley, I had to deal with shitheads vandalizing the restrooms about every other weekend. That shit ain't cheap. About 8 of every 10 times it was the little girls room too. I (and the owner) always wished that we were allowed to just beat the hell out of the little bastards until it stopped. To me, kids doing it is bad enough, but so called adults, drunk or not, doing it is just pathetic.

I can speak for a bar owner's point of view...the band and the type of music does have an effect on the situation and the customers. But we've seen even the best of the best come in and bring a nice crowd and we have a lot of good fun without fights and such...it only takes one jerk to knock holes in the bathroom wall, break the urinal off the wall, punch out a window, etc. This past weekend it was only a few new holes in the walls and of course my "ned puke" clean up task. For the most part, our customers know they won't be allowed back in for a long time if they cause any fights or trouble so they won't do that because there are times when we are the place to be and they don't want to be left outside.

Now back on the topic of this thread...PLCB laws are tough. But I'm sure that with the right backing it can be overturned. They just recently overturned the LEWD ACT law and no longer enforce it because someone appealed it and won. PLCB won't enforce anything that can be appealed. What I don't understand about the sound law is why is it ok for anyone who does not have a liquor license to have the outside noise but we can't? To me it sounds like discrimination. Hopefully we never have to fight it.

I feel for Memories and the bands that play there. Tough one.
 Back to top »
rickw

There's a nagging brain wrenching thought that's been going through my tattered neurons. I'm the parent of a really cool son. He's a great musician and loves what he does. Christy and I support him every step of the way. But, I can't believe that some of these lcb "agents" don't have kids that want to or actually play music in a band, in a bar, and late at night. Are these people totally sterile to live music? Is there some kind of de-programming that goes on in headquarters that we don't know about? Do they play Barry Manilow cd's at extremely high levels to train these guys? Maybe the chief of that twisted org is one who was fired from a band long ago because he sucked. Hell, maybe they all list "frustrated musician" on their resume. I want Eric to succeed in music, but man, music is not noise, and it's sad there's a group of people that are not only determined to but allowed to run helter skelter closing venues. I thought the lcb was financed through liquor sales. Maybe they'll enforce their way right out of a job.
 Back to top »
bassist_25

Bag wrote:

Paul, it's hard to back a cause you've never heard of! Your post was the first I ever heard of PACAG. I'm not sure what I could've contributed besides moral support anyway, unless you would've wanted me to drive the tri-axle thru the building to put a scare into them. Laughing

I don't really think you were on Rockpage a lot when it was going on (about '06). My comment was mainly aimed at the people who are like "Those jerks. If only someone would do something," while they sat behind their monitors everyday back then.

rickw wrote:
I thought the lcb was financed through liquor sales. Maybe they'll enforce their way right out of a job.

And that's the part that I just can't wrap my head around. The LCB exists because bars exist. It's like if I built a house by a river with no dikes because I thought the payout would be great during a big storm. Then I realized that my insurance doesn't cover flooding. I also never understood how the state owns liquor stores. It always seemed pretty socalist to me.
webmiztris
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Posted: Tuesday Jul 29, 2008 

FYI: Memories has canceled all shows for the month of August (and possibly beyond) due to the shitstorm last weekend...Kitty Whip was supposed to play there on 8/16...we waited almost a year just to finally get into that place and then we got to play there ONCE before all of this shit went down. Memories is an awesome bar too....we had so much fun last time! Talk about bad timing. I hope this stuff gets worked out soon and I wish seriously bad karma on anyone who works for the LBC.
jangel
Gold Member
Gold Member

The so called noise ord. that the PLCB enforces was put in in 1951. The law needs to be changed. We thought through the PACAG we could get some attention from our state reps to get the courage to modify or at least make it liveable. But just as we seemed to get some movement, it fell apart. Alot of musicians thought it didn't concern them, and bar/club owners the same. Let someone else fight for me......it doesn't happen that way. Its sad.
BDR

Trucula wrote:
Well if he said, "They'll never be back", how was he to remember who wouldn't be back?

We were chatting casually — shop talk — and he didn't have his book right in front of him at the time. The band he was referring to had only played there once so I'd guess he didn't remember the name off hand, plus Jan mostly takes care of the bookings there so I guess if he's not having the band in question back, they probably made note of it. That'd be my guess.

r:>)
Jared Michaels
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Posted: Wednesday Jul 30, 2008 

It alway's comes down to money and all of them want their cut!

LCB and the county f**Kin SUCK!!!! Evil or Very Mad

They are killing the club owners and the bands!
 Back to top »
lonewolf
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

The only way to beat corrupted power is to remove the power base.

We in PACAG tried to do that with state legislation. We got some attention from local state legislators, but also found out that this is a localized problem. I doubt that we could ever get statewide support to change the noise rule.

There is a local solution to the problem and that is the law that allows PLCB licensees to request that the PLCB defer noise enforcement to the local jurisdiction.

Maybe its time we standardized this request procedure and set up a "Fast Track" kit that would make the process of noise rule exemption cheaper, easier, faster and more effective.

We went for the jugular and it didn't work. Maybe we should shoot for Achilles heel.

Last edited by lonewolf on Wednesday Jul 30, 2008; edited 2 times in total
 Back to top »
lonewolf
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

I started a thread under THE LAW regarding noise rule exemptions:

http://rockpage.net/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?p=137081#137081
Jim Price

I wrote a little piece about the ongoing situation to raise public awareness of the issue:

http://www.altoonamirror.com/page/blogs.detail/display/3026.html

Feel free to respond to the blog with any additional thoughts you may have.

http://pamusician.net
 Back to top »
BigJohn
Gold Member
Gold Member

Plcb agent told me most of thier complants come from the competition across the street or down the road. and they get thier band schedules and venues to visit from Rockpage and other web sites like it. Somebody mentioned a meter, thier is no meter its thier ear if they can hear it outside your in trouble. As far as the V.I.P. thing goes if they start that they after you for something, You can't fight that its up to thier discretion.
DirtySanchez
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Post Posted: Thursday Jul 31, 2008 

I'm not saying Bathroom art/Grafitti is cool, but it happens.

I once read in a stall: Lisa gives great head. Should Lisa be banned from the bar for inspiring this? Is it lisa's fault?

Obviously you all have your opinions and I have mine and you can argue this to death, but that little pain is there in your side telling you that I'm right. haha It's okay you can admit it. I won't rub it in. I promise.
VENTGtr
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

DirtySanchez wrote:

I once read in a stall: Lisa gives great head. Should Lisa be banned from the bar for inspiring this? Is it lisa's fault?

Well, before making a judgment, I think I'd have to meet Lisa and participate in the
necessary research on the claim. Sure it wasn't like an ad that was running more
than just graffiti?

"You must be this beautiful to ride the Quagmire."
 Back to top »
Lisa
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

DirtySanchez wrote:

Wow.... I do?
 Back to top »
songsmith

Hey, if it's on a bathroom wall, it MUST be true. I heard it read on a ladies room wall once that I have a big one. I'm rolling with that.
It cost me $5 to get my wife to write that, and another $10 to get her to stop laughing. Shocked Laughing ----->JMS
 Back to top »
DirtySanchez
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

songsmith wrote:
Hey, if it's on a bathroom wall, it MUST be true. I heard it read on a ladies room wall once that I have a big one. I'm rolling with that.
It cost me $5 to get my wife to write that, and another $10 to get her to stop laughing. Shocked Laughing ----->JMS

Good thing she didn't get caught, or it would be GTFO Arrow for your weiner. hehe
DirtySanchez
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Lisa wrote:
DirtySanchez wrote:

Wow.... I do?

Embarassed

Disclaimer**** fictional names have been used to protect the accused and also to avoid sharing with Ventgtr (sorry dude)****
VENTGtr
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Sanchez...Sanch...man, come on. I thought we shared.

"You must be this beautiful to ride the Quagmire."
 Back to top »
Jo money pig
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Posted: Sunday Aug 17, 2008 

Face it Pa is a shit hole. The LCB is able to run over any one and any club they want. A former band of mine use to play a bar in Indiana that due to noise is no longer to have bands. IT is not right that a owner loses a bar due to crap like this. Pa is turnning into one big nursing home.
dnsrks1

Post Posted: Wednesday Aug 20, 2008 

You tell 'em, Aaron!!!

DJ's, Karaoke, Guitar Hero contests, & the PLCB...a sad state of affairs these days, indeed.
 Back to top »
ROCKPAGE Forum Index » The Law
Go to page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: