· Home
· Band Pages
· Show Schedule
· The Forums
· The Final Cut
Click here if you want live entertainment to survive!!!
Go to page Previous  1, 2
ROCKPAGE Forum Index » The Law
previous topic :: next topic  
Jim Price

Post Posted: Wednesday Jan 18, 2006 

Provided we don't have a blizzard that day, I should be there. I have a live guest on the "Rocker" and will have to leave around 6:30 to get things set up, but I plan to attend.

http://pamusician.net
 Back to top »
byndrsn
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Posted: Wednesday Jan 18, 2006 

I think Dan is right - I think you can come if you are 18 or older. But, I'm not completely certain. I guess we would have to ask Steph or Artie if that would be okay or not.

I was asking because if you were older than 18 - then you are hopefully a voter (I am assuming everyone who is replying to this thread is a voter - and if not, you mean shit to the legislators and will not be able to help the cause!!!!)) and if you are a voter, then your voice deserves to be heard just as much as any of ours!!!!
AtoMikEnRtiA
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Location: Palmyra, Pennsylvania - Where only the Strong Survive.. kinda like New Jersey...

Post Posted: Thursday Jan 19, 2006 

byndrsn wrote:
I think Dan is right - I think you can come if you are 18 or older. But, I'm not completely certain. I guess we would have to ask Steph or Artie if that would be okay or not.

I was asking because if you were older than 18 - then you are hopefully a voter (I am assuming everyone who is replying to this thread is a voter - and if not, you mean shit to the legislators and will not be able to help the cause!!!!)) and if you are a voter, then your voice deserves to be heard just as much as any of ours!!!!

well byndrsn the thing with me is this..

im 20, im a registered voter, and i vote in every election i can - and in the 2 years I have been registered, I have voted for 2 counties haha - and thats the problem..

i use rockpage.net because it is the best tie i have with the area in which i was raised (central pa, huntingdon county and surrounding areas) but after college I moved to the Harrisburg Metroplex (Lebanon county) and a trip to Cresson, as desired as it is, and as much as I would like to attend.. is still pushing 4 hours (give or take a few minutes) - which is why I would like a transcript of this meeting if possible or a summary, because I would like to get involved in the Harrisburg area front (say if rockpage ever decided to send a delegation to Harrisburg for some reason, I would put on the war paint and be a part of the charge). I do support what you are trying to do, one because I think what the LCB is doing to small clubs in the general area where I used to call "home" is a total injustice, and I believe like many of you, the rules need to be black and white, right now I think there is a lot of gray, that may lead to enforcement that is un-necessary. And two, because the LCB on the whole, and the shut downs, and entertainers thing interests me (because they make it nearly impossible for bands with members under 21 yrs of age to play in Pennsylvania, and they have shut down many locations..) so this is why i offer my support, in any one way shape or form..

i think this makes sense, i feel like shit today so if it didnt, you know why lol
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
bassist_25

Maybe we should designate somebody to write down minutes. *LOL*
byndrsn
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

bassist_25 wrote:
Maybe we should designate somebody to write down minutes. *LOL*

I actually think that is a great idea!!
GUITARII
Gold Member
Gold Member

AtoMikEnRtiA wrote:
byndrsn wrote:

well byndrsn the thing with me is this..

im 20, im a registered voter, and i vote in every election i can - and in the 2 years I have been registered, I have voted for 2 counties haha - and thats the problem..

i use rockpage.net because it is the best tie i have with the area in which i was raised (central pa, huntingdon county and surrounding areas) but after college I moved to the Harrisburg Metroplex (Lebanon county) and a trip to Cresson, as desired as it is, and as much as I would like to attend.. is still pushing 4 hours (give or take a few minutes) - which is why I would like a transcript of this meeting if possible or a summary, because I would like to get involved in the Harrisburg area front (say if rockpage ever decided to send a delegation to Harrisburg for some reason, I would put on the war paint and be a part of the charge). I do support what you are trying to do, one because I think what the LCB is doing to small clubs in the general area where I used to call "home" is a total injustice, and I believe like many of you, the rules need to be black and white, right now I think there is a lot of gray, that may lead to enforcement that is un-necessary. And two, because the LCB on the whole, and the shut downs, and entertainers thing interests me (because they make it nearly impossible for bands with members under 21 yrs of age to play in Pennsylvania, and they have shut down many locations..) so this is why i offer my support, in any one way shape or form..

i think this makes sense, i feel like shit today so if it didnt, you know why lol

Makes perfect sense dude!!! I'll definitely keep you and anyone else interested informed. At this point though, I'm not real confident that there will be too many at the meeting anyhow. Let's face it, there's too many out there that can't walk the talk... I know, I was one. I just hope that everyone that has posted on this topic, and is local, takes the time to show up... at the very least we will get to kick around some ideas and share a couple beers with some great people.

www.facebook.com/lockednloaded2012
 Back to top »
Big Jim

I'll be there. I hope those who have been noticeably absent from posting their support on this thread will be there to. We would like to pick things up where you good people left off. It's for all of us. I believe it will be a productive time and we will leave ready to do battle!!
 Back to top »
byndrsn
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I agree with Dan - many of the so called "RockPage Regulars" will not be at this meeting. I am going to do my best to be there, and if something happens that I can't, I'll find a way to follow up!!!

The one thing I will tell you all - and this is something Dan already said!!! If you ain't with us - you're against us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope to see all or most of you there!! But, if you are not - I'd better not see your SFC's on these kinds of threads again - because I will blast you!! (SFC=stupic fucking comments)

And, for those of you who don't know me - I've done my share of this kind of shit. I was one of those who fought for years to get the helmet off my head when I ride my bike. I know what is at stake and what it will take to make a difference. I've been there. I've been an officer in ABATE for 1/3 of my life. I'm going to do my best to help ALL OF YOU MUSICIANS even though I know that ALL MUSICIANs will benefit and only about 2% of them will get involved.

I just want to put out a challenge to everyone reading this to be there and do your best to get involved. I know that not everyone can attend because of scheduling conflicts or distance, but if even 30% of those that "could" attend came to the meeting, then I know that we could make a HUGE difference. But, I'm betting that less than 5% will be there - COME ON PEOPLE PROVE ME WRONG!!!!!!!

Urbs
bassist_25

Post Posted: Monday Jan 23, 2006 

Don't forget this.

This Sunday
Magoo's in Cresson
5:00

GUITARII
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Posted: Tuesday Jan 24, 2006 

So... can I let Magoo's know about how many are firmly planning on attending so that she can have another person at the bar?

Back to top »
bassist_25

Post Posted: Tuesday Jan 24, 2006 

Well, I have the roll call thread in the general discussion, so if you want to go by that, Dan...
kickinband

Post Posted: Thursday Jan 26, 2006 

Hello From Johnstown Pa,
This is Steve, fellow musician and owner of the Country Inn Bar & Grille just outside of Johnstown. I am knee deep in this shit with the PLCB and I just heard of this meeting you all are having at McGoo's in Cresson. I know all of you are tired of loosing gigs in establishments all over this area and your right, we do need to get something together. I started working on this situation with our legislators from Harrisburg about a month ago. I am finally meeting with Pa. State Senator John Wozniak Thursday morning Jan 26th. I have alot to share with him and I will tell him also about the meeting that is happening at McGoo's in Cresson. I will be in Cresson to share with all of you the steps we need to take to get this done. Let me first tell you that it has been tried in the past and that law has never been amended. Maybe it's because enough people didn't press our law makers hard enough. On Sunday, I need as many other bar owners there as possible. I will fill everyone in on what we can do right now. This is the perfect time for this. It is election year. And not only that, but the PLCB meets this Summer to discuss Statutes. If anyone wants to get a hold of me, you can contact me at The Country Inn at 814-495-3099. Or email me at steve@countryinnbar.com
I look forward to seeing many supporters on Sunday the 29th at McGoo's.
Till then,
Keep on Rocking in the free world. Or what we think is the free world.
Steve
 Back to top »
GUITARII
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Posted: Thursday Jan 26, 2006 

AWESOME STEVE!!! I'll see you there and can't wait to get the details of your meeting!

Back to top »
kickinband

Post Posted: Friday Jan 27, 2006 

Ok, Are we ready? My meeting with Senator John Wozniak went well. He heard our complaint as tavern owners and he understands that better language needs to be ammended into this law. I told him that us tavern owners and lovers of music, and also musicians are meeting this Sunday at McGoos in Cresson. What I need you all to do if you can is, Any tavern owner you know, wheather the establishment is getting citations or not, do your best to get them at this meeting. If they can not be there, ask them to type a one page letter with there establishments name on it, to whom it may concern; and state in the letter that they are a tavern owner and they support new legislation regarding some of Pa Liqour Control Board Statutes. They have no reason to fear retaliation from PLCE, this will be a confidential statement only to be viewed by our state legislators. I can't express enough, the importance of these letters from across the state of Pa. If you can't be there to hand me these letters, please email me the letter to steve@countryinnbar.com

For all you people that are under 21 that want to attend the meeting you can. Here is the law. First, you should be a registered voter so your voice counts. Second, you can attend the meeting as long as you are with a person who is 25 or older and there can be no alcohol at the table that you are seated at. Unless your Parents are with you. Since I am over 25, I will account for all under agers that will be in attendance. I don't plan on drinking anyway. But believe me, not a single one of you better even think about getting a drink of alcohol.

I have alot of information to share with you all and I will be the so called Secretary to take minutes at this meeting. I'm certain, that with all of us together, we can make a difference and we will. I'm proud to be a part of this law changing campaign. Can't wait to meet all you at McGoos.

Tavern owner and fellow Musician,
Steve Mattis
http://www.countryinnbar.com

P.S. Get them letters coming in.
 Back to top »
tonefight
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Post Posted: Friday Jan 27, 2006 

Good work Steve, see you sunday
moxham123
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Post Posted: Sunday Jan 29, 2006 

This meeting is a great idea. I would definitely be there but I am leaving Sunday for a business trip to Virginia. I will check when I get back to see how it goes since my band has been directly affected by this too. I hope it goes well and some progress is made.
 Back to top »
ROCKPAGE Forum Index » The Law
Go to page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: