Our first original

Moderators: Ron, Jim Price

kayla
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Our first original

Post by kayla »

Punk Fiction is proud to present a rough mix of our first original song. Its called illusioned. Still needs a few tracks layered over. But id like to get opinions on what we have at the moment.

http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri= ... cAlrXi4t7M

So check it out if ya dont mind! Any feedback will be appreciated.

Thanks!

-kayla
`( f e n d e r)`
onegunguitar
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Post by onegunguitar »

That link won't bring it up Kayla.
http://www.myspace.com/musicnaildriver
get on your knees and bow
or learn a lesson in violence
bfoust
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by bfoust »

No comment.
kayla
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by kayla »

Sorry bout that. The first link worked on my phone. Anyways, the link bfoust posted works for me.
`( f e n d e r)`
dakotarose

Post by dakotarose »

So proud of you! It's fabulous... :D
onegunguitar
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Post by onegunguitar »

Nice Job!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
http://www.myspace.com/musicnaildriver
get on your knees and bow
or learn a lesson in violence
songsmith

Post by songsmith »

Great job, I like the lyrics, and the mood. I'd offer some minor advice, but hope you don't take it as a criticism, it's YOUR song.
First, I really miss a bass track on this one. I hear a simple whole-note bass line on the whole song. It might actually be there, but I couldn't hear it in my headphones. Next, there's a slight slowing-down of tempo after the first stop. It's very slight, but I caught it, and I'm bad about that stuff even after all these years. Finally, the cajon was an excellent choice for percussion on this song (I gotta get one of those, really!), but there's an overtone on what would normally be the kick-drum part... when you're on the root chord, it fits right in, but when you play any other chord, it sounds a little out of tune. It's no big deal, I think it just needs deadened out a little, so it doesn't ring as long... like a pillow in a kick-drum.
Again, it's probably fine the way it is, you guys always have the final say. The songwriting, vocals and instrumental parts are great. I'll be waiting for the next song. I'd love to hear yinz kick one in the ass, and rock a fast song!
kayla
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by kayla »

Thanks for the advice johnny. Its really appreciated. That was our rough draft. That was done in four tracks, no second takes. We still need to add the bass and theres a spot for some lead work. Which we will finish tomorrow. We just got a little excited and wanted to get some advice.
Id like to do some heavier/faster stuff but it doesnt seem to fit our style at the moment.
Thanks again johnny! Your reply is what im lookin for. Good honest constructive criticism and advice.
-kayla
`( f e n d e r)`
MistValkyrie
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MistValkyrie »

Hey, congrats Kayla and everyone else in the band, thats great!