I failed... Would like to salvage something... RFTT

Moderators: Ron, Jim Price

Hawk
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

I failed... Would like to salvage something... RFTT

Post by Hawk »

Rock For The Troops.

I failed big-time to get it completed. I'm in the process of moving and I'd like to make amends for my failure. I'm looking for some help as I don't know what to do with everything.

This is the short version:

This has been bugging me for a long time.

The project became overwhelming. Each step became more difficult.

Filming was easy, thanks to all the help and to all of the bands.

Decisions had to be made and - for good or bad - I took it upon myself to make said decisions, which did not always please everyone involved, but someone had to take charge.

One long event was to get the hundreds of hours edited. Mike, Donna (both of whom, along with Kevin, made great contributions to the project) and I tried (to edit) but it was overwhelming. Lisa Fazenbaker stepped up and edited the entire thing !

Then I needed to duplicate 1000 discs. After looking for help I finally got a local recording studio to do it. I paid him $80 out of my own pocket for it (a GREAT price !) - Blank DVDs were purchased with donated money. That was a long time ago. Problem is, he still didn't finish them, his duplicating machine broke down. I'm guessing it's fixed by now. But I'm not placing any blame on him or anyone else but myself.

Lisa divided the series into a FOUR disc set.

I currently have 500 (minus the ones that the duplicating machine "kicked out" as unusable) of discs #one and #two. I also have 1000 CD cases for the discs. I have a digital hard drive camera that was used for recording bands and well wishes to the troops.

I also have phone cards that were donated. Turns out most of them were used phone cards with time still left on them.

I also have $479.80 in cash.

Some cash was used to buy some items like posters /banners (at a reduced price) the video camera, 1000 CD cases, 1000+ DVDs.

I have receipts for items purchased that total $1,036.

Kevin made an incredible introduction on the videos.

I think I can still press the recording studio to finish the last 500 DVDs.

CAN ANYONE HELP ME:

I don't know what to do with everything. Please offer suggestions.

Would anyone be interested in having a showing - at say Pelleys - on a big screen TV connected to a nice PA ? Auction off the video camera ? The final cut is incredible.

With apologies,

Bill Hocherl
www.showtimesoundllc.com
Flashpoint!
SKYE 2.0
Triple Threat
Hawk
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Post by Hawk »

I recognize the "cold shoulder" and I'm the first to admit I deserve it. I could just walk away, but I won't. I screwed up, but I haven't given up.

Just because you're angry at me doesn't mean you can't help disabled war veterans. You can stay pissed of at me if you'd like.

Given that I've had little response (did get a couple positive calls from from some people) I had to come up with a plan.

I will ask the guy who was doing the DVD duplication to finish them. I will have approximately 250 four disc sets.

The cash I have on hand ($479.80) will be donated to any local disabled veterans organization I can find. I'm looking into this one: http://www.davmembersportal.org/chapter ... fault.aspx
I will simply make the donation in the name of "Members of Rockpage.net". My name won't be on any donations. I will not be taking any credit. The Credit will be given to you (RP members).

I will try to sell the DVD video recorder on Rockpage and the buyer can make the donation in the same way.

The war in Iraq (for the most part) is over. I was thinking (if anyone would lift the "cold shoulder") of giving away the four disc sets to Rockpage members and ask that anyone who takes a set make a donation (in the amount of your choice) to the same local charity.

You will enjoy the four disc set...

The phone cards will also be distributed to veterans with disabilities.

PA chapter #34 of DAV:

Pennsylvania Chapters > Altoona #34

Announcements from Chapter

There are currently no active announcements.

Announcements from Department

Announcements from DAV Headquarters

Voluntary Services Bulletin

To view the current Voluntary Services Bulletin please click here.

Non Profit Advisor

To read current or previous issues of the NonProfit Advisor, please click here, enter your membership number, select NonProfit Advisor and select the issue you would like view.

Upcoming Events!

Click here to check out upcoming events and future convention locations and dates.

DAV Newsroom

Click here to stay current with DAV news updates, photos, articles, alerts and video and audio webcasts.

24/7 Referral Source for Veterans and their families

RCS Combat Call Center
1-877-WAR-VETS (1-877-927-8387)
24/7 Referral Source for Veterans and their families

HELP SPREAD THE WORD: RAISE PTSD AWARENESS: JUNE 2012

VA’s National Center for PTSD wants your help during PTSD Awareness Month. In 2010 and 2011 Congress named June 27th PTSD Awareness Day and last year many joined our cause. We are writing to ask you to work together with us to raise PTSD awareness in June 2012.

Join Efforts with Us

Throughout the month we will post information about other groups who are also raising PTSD awareness. If you are willing to help, we will add your link to our Website feature: listing you as a resource for raising our understanding of PTSD and helping those affected by trauma including servicemen and women.

All you need to do is

Act on at least one of the items listed below
Reply that you are raising PTSD awareness, and
Send us your group name, brief description, and url

Help Us Raise PTSD Awareness

Print, post, and hand out materials:
Raise PTSD Awareness Flyer (PDF)
PTSD Materials for Printing
Post a message to Raise PTSD awareness (samples enclosed for newsletters, websites, social media) NOTE: some links do not work now but will by June 1. PTSD Awareness Month content that is posted will change weekly!
Post a link to www.ptsd.va.gov or a PTSD Information Widget on your site.
Each week in June, visit www.ptsd.va.gov to meet Veterans who introduce you to important issues about PTSD and getting help. Tell others.

We hope you will join us for this important effort to raise PTSD awareness!

~Staff at the VA’s National Center for PTSD

Refund Schemes related to Military Disability Compensation

Click here for more information.

VA Announces Contract for New Butler Facility

WASHINGTON (June 14, 2012) – The Department of Veterans Affairs has selected Westar Development Company of Aurora, Ohio, to build a health care center in Butler, Pa. Read more

Membership

Monthly Memo

To view the current monthly memo please click here.

Legislative

Legislative Bulletin

To view the current Legislative please click here.

Service Bulletin

To view the current Service Bulletin please click here.

Calendar

There are currently no upcoming events.
www.showtimesoundllc.com
Flashpoint!
SKYE 2.0
Triple Threat
Skate Toad
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Skate Toad »

I'd suggest posting the video on youtube and maybe hit social networks etc. that deal with vets and or current stationed military with the link so they can view it any where in the world. Just my 2 cents. Let me know i can covert and get it posted to youtube.
I didn't do it! It was the other guy! I Swear to God!!
Hawk
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Post by Hawk »

Skate Toad wrote:I'd suggest posting the video on youtube and maybe hit social networks etc. that deal with vets and or current stationed military with the link so they can view it any where in the world. Just my 2 cents. Let me know i can covert and get it posted to youtube.
Thanks man ! Your 2 cents is welcomed and appreciated !

I will get you copies. If you would be kind enough to convert and post it I would be incredibly grateful ! Thanks, Bill
www.showtimesoundllc.com
Flashpoint!
SKYE 2.0
Triple Threat
bfoust
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by bfoust »

You know we would like a copy, Bill :)
No comment.
Hawk
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Post by Hawk »

I talked to my friend yesterday. He will finish making 250 copies of disc 3 and 250 copies of disc 4. I will carry the 4 disc sets with me. I will put them in cases and simply label them RFTT #1 etc. .

Anyone who wants a set can see me. All I ask is that if you take a set that you make your own contribution to a local veterans association that helps disabled veterans. I would suggest that you make the contribution in the name of Rockpage. But it's your call.

I will let you know when they are ready.

Thanks,

Bill
www.showtimesoundllc.com
Flashpoint!
SKYE 2.0
Triple Threat
mjb
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Post by mjb »

Love you brother, nobody is holding anything against you! Quit beating urself up. You had a grat plan, that became an overwelming task for a guy that works 40-60 hrs a week. I'm greatful to have been a part of it and consider rftt the catalyst that got me to meet alot of people i consider dear friends. I know its buggin you but do what you said and move on. Your a great guy with an enormus heart and i for one am glad i can call u my friend. We've all have bit off more than we could chew in our lives. Dont sweat it! Your intensions were grand and your heart was in the right place, just came up a little short, so what! Shit happens. Time to move on. I hate to see ya beating yourself up over it. I owe you a call and will call ya when i get home from vacation.
Hawk
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Post by Hawk »

mjb wrote:Love you brother, nobody is holding anything against you! Quit beating urself up. You had a grat plan, that became an overwelming task for a guy that works 40-60 hrs a week. I'm greatful to have been a part of it and consider rftt the catalyst that got me to meet alot of people i consider dear friends. I know its buggin you but do what you said and move on. Your a great guy with an enormus heart and i for one am glad i can call u my friend. We've all have bit off more than we could chew in our lives. Dont sweat it! Your intensions were grand and your heart was in the right place, just came up a little short, so what! Shit happens. Time to move on. I hate to see ya beating yourself up over it. I owe you a call and will call ya when i get home from vacation.
Thanks so much Mike ! What you say means a lot to me.

It is a weight on my shoulders that I need to remove. I'll be able to move on after some donations are made to help some vets... I think Rockpagers would really enjoy the discs. If they (the discs) can be an impetus for a few people to make a donation, then the efforts everyone involved will not have been in vein.

We do need to get together over a couple of cold brews. Love ya man...
www.showtimesoundllc.com
Flashpoint!
SKYE 2.0
Triple Threat