· The Final Cut
MILLENNIUM MUSIC CONFERENCE RECAP 6/26/06 PART III
ROCKPAGE Forum Index » JP's Corner
previous topic :: next topic  
Jim Price

Post Posted: Thursday Jul 20, 2006 

MILLENNIUM MUSIC CONFERENCE WEEKEND RECAP 6/26/06, PT. III

DAY THREE: SATURDAY 6/24/06

After doing breakfast with Shel Hoachlander and her partner in crime, Troy Logan (who sends a hearty “Hello” out to Rockpager bugglez24), I returned to the Crowne Plaza for the third day of the Millennium Music Conference.

Before I go on, a word about parking. In past years, I was housed at the Conference’s host hotel itself, or within walking distance of the hotel (last year). This year, though, circumstances led to my staying at a hotel away from downtown Harrisburg, so I actually had to drive to and from the Conference each day. On Thursday night for the Crowne Plaza showcases, I simply parked my car in the Strawberry Square parking garage behind the Hilton, and paid the $5 nighttime parking fee that kicks in after 5 PM. On Friday, I was facing a higher price tag to park at Strawberry Square for the day. Daytime parking rates ran on an hourly basis up to five hours, with the fees ranging up to $7 for five hours (if I recall correctly). After five hours, though, that fee jumps from $7 to $14 – OUCH! Since I was at the Conference from 11 AM through at least 5 PM, I was looking at the $14 fee; fortunately for me, Pennsylvania Musician cohort Andrea Greene pulled some strings and got my parking fee reduced to $4, which the magazine then covered (Thanks!). Robin informed me that street parking in downtown Harrisburg was free on the weekends, so I decided to look for a parking space somewhere near Crowne Plaza on Saturday morning. It didn’t take me long to find a parking space between two cars, right on 3rd Street behind the Crowne Plaza. Cool! (Or so I thought at the time…more on this story later.)

I proceeded inside Crowne Plaza to take in the third day of Millennium. I joined Robin at the Pennsylvania Musician table, and again spent time meeting, greeting and chatting with visitors for a little while, leading up to the day’s business panels.

I had considered attending a few panels, but settled for just one this day, the DIY (Do It Yourself) Panel. This panel offered advice to bands and musicians about handling and running their own careers. Panelists included Benji Eisen, manager of popular Harrisburg area jam band Quagmire Swim Team; Madalyn Sklar, head of GoGirls.com; Noel Ramos of Indiegate and InterMixx Magazine; Neil Sheehan of Sony/BMG Records; and Feygens Saint-Joy Jr. of urban music indie label Among Friends Records. After the panelists introduced themselves, this panel became a question-and-answer forum, with musicians asking advice on aspects of their music careers. Some interesting tidbits of information came forth from that discussion. One suggestion was to use multiple means of promotion to get the word out about upcoming shows, don’t rely on just one thing. Use the internet (website and email lists), advertise in local newspapers and/or regional music publications, poster/flyer and more. If you’re looking for sponsorships, you must pursue them; they won’t come to you. While Myspace is a good means to get the word out on the Internet, it shouldn’t be your only means of promoting on the Web; maintain your own central website, and be sure to include a press kit section (an online press kit that visitors can download or print out) and a high-resolution, downloadable group photo that publications can use to help promote your upcoming shows. As far as booking and promoting shows, some advice offered included trying to book shows in a given town at a time where there is nothing else going on to compete with you. And if you plan to hand out flyers or posters to promote a show, beware of each town’s flyer/handbill policy before you do so. (In Philadelphia, for example, you need to obtain a handbill license before you can legally distribute flyers on city streets.) In all, some good information was shared over the course of the discussion; it was good to see a large crowd on hand to participate.

The DIY Panel (left to right): Benji Eisen, Madalyn Sklar, Noel Ramos, Neil Sheehan and Feygens Saint-Joy Jr.

At the GoGirls.com table, another impromptu open mic was set up, and this performer, named Lynn, did a couple of songs.

Surveying the trade show activity, Shel Hoachlander of Black Thorn Entertainment and Origivation Magazine.

After this panel, I returned to the trade show and spent the rest of the afternoon doing more networking and greeting. Traffic at the trade show seemed slower this afternoon than the previous day. In fact, things had slowed down so much that by 4 PM some of the trade show participants were packing up and heading out the door. Because the trade show floor would be closed off at 5 PM, I decided to pack up my gear and take it out to my car, with the idea of sticking around and returning to see some special guests appearing to close out the Conference. I took my stuff out to the car, and was promptly disgusted to find a $14 parking ticket on the windshield! It turns out that my parking space was actually in a bus zone. Damn! But I noticed that the cars both in front of and behind my car both got tickets as well. Misery loves company, we all screwed up! In my defense, though, the bus stop sign was a good ten yards down the street from where I was parked, and if you looked very carefully at the curb, you could see traces of yellow paint indicating that you weren’t supposed to park there. Memo to the City of Harrisburg – paint your damned curbs!

At this point, I made a small error that cost me an additional $5. With my car already ticketed, I should have just left it parked where it was for the duration of my time there. What were they going to do, ticket me a second time? But in the heat of the moment, I decided to move my car and return briefly to my hotel room, as the scheduled Conference-ending entertainment didn’t begin until 5 PM. And after 5 PM, I could stick the car in the Strawberry Square garage again for the nighttime fee of $5. (I was planning to start my evening showcase watching at Crowne Plaza.)

Upon returning and parking at Strawberry Square, downtown Harrisburg was full of activity. They were closing off 2nd Street and setting up a stage and sound gear; what was this? It was actually a summertime event, “M&T Saturdays,” which happens every Saturday evening in downtown Harrisburg; a free concert/festival-styled event right on 2nd Street. An initial band (whose name I didn’t catch) started playing an opening set; an Aerosmith tribute band was to perform later on.

Of course, I wanted to catch the Conference-ending entertainment, but was confused. Somebody had told me that it was taking place out in front of Crowne Plaza, but obviously this outdoor stage wasn’t it. I went inside the Crowne Plaza and up to the Conference area, and there was the entertainment. A young band was in the midst of performing some cover songs; their name was Black Plaid, and their ages were reportedly 13 and 14 years old! One of the youngsters, drummer Eli Gibb, is the son of Martini Brothers singer/guitarist Deuce Gibb. I heard Black Plaid do versions of Chuck Berry’s “Johnny B. Goode” and Fallout Boy’s “Sugar, We’re Going Down;” these kids had it together, and received a very warm response from the gathered crowd.

Up next was another young band I had met earlier at the Conference, the Pink Yard Flamingos. These youngsters were all 15 years of age. Lead singer/drummer Andy Snyder, guitarists Justin Hahn and Matt Klahre, and bassist/sax player Jeremy Robbins performed a half-dozen original songs that combined elements of modern rock, progressive rock and even a little classic metal. The group performed several selections from their self-titled CD, such as "Polaroid In My Shoebox," "That's All You Know," their finishing number "Finale" and more. Pink Yard Flamingoes had their act together; I was especially impressed with the guitar section of Justin and Matt, as some of their guitar runs sounded Maiden-esque! They were confident, and their onstage manner was professional and cordial. The good-sized crowd, including a number of younger fans, parents and other friends showing their support, gave Pink Yard Flamingos enthusiastic rounds of applause as they performed. It was very cool to see area youth being celebrated to close out this year's Conference. Just imagine how good these youngsters could be in a few years if they stick with it. One only need think back to two other youngsters who performed at Millennium a few short years ago when they were 15 and 12 respectively – Lzzy and Arejay Hale!

The Pink Yard Flamingos perform to close out the conference portion of Millennium weekend.

Andy Snyder of the Pink Yard Flamingos.

Again, Andy Snyder of the Pink Yard Flamingos.

Brandishing his own pink flamingo guitar, Justin Hahn of Pink Yard Flamingos.

Again, the Pink Yard Flamingos.

Again, Justin Hahn of the Pink Yard Flamingos.

Matt Klahre of the Pink Yard Flamingos.

Once again, the Pink Yard Flamingos.

With seated fans and an inflatable big pink flamingo, the Pink Yard Flamingos.

Jeremy Robbins of the Pink Yard Flamingos.

After Pink Yard Flamingos finished up, I headed back outside to 2nd Street to see what this M&T Saturdays event was all about. The opening band had finished their set, and preparations were being completed for the Aerosmith tribute band, Draw The Line. Several food vendors were set up, selling ribs, barbecue, hot dogs and more. A bustling crowd of people – including music fans, passers-by and inner city residents - were on hand.

Soon Draw The Line was set to go. From Boston, the same home as the band they were emulating, Draw The Line has actually been recognized by Aerosmith frontman Stephen Tyler as the best of the Aerosmith tributes.

The group kicked off with "Toys In the Attic," and proceeded through such Aerosmith favorites as "Love In An Elevator," "Same Old Song and Dance," "Dude Looks Like A Lady," "What It Takes," "Livin' On The Edge," "Come Together," "Last Child," "Walkin' the Dog," "Rag Doll" and "Sweet Emotion" to finish the set. Draw The Line did a good job, certainly better than the only other Aero tribute I ever saw, Toys In The Attic, which stank up the stage at new Sebastiano's in the early 90's. Stephen Tyler protégé Neill Byrnes looked, sounded and acted like Tyler; while the Joe Perry emulator, Donnie Noyes, blazed on guitar like Perry. Although the rest of the group – rhythm guitarist Stephen Drew, bassist Justin Hunt and drummer Chris Pereto – didn't physically resemble Aerosmith, they were solid on their instrumentation. You could tell that Chris had studied Joey Kramer, based on his accurate similarity to Kramer's drumming style. I stuck around long enough to see Draw The Line do their title song to open the second set. But what I saw of Draw The Line was good; as tribute bands go, this group was fairly close and on the money.

Aerosmith tribute band Draw The Line kicks of their set during “M&T Saturdays” along downtown Harrisburg’s 2nd Street.

Again, Draw The Line plays to a crowd of onlookers.

Justin Hunt of Draw The Line.

Looking very much like Stephen Tyler and Joe Perry, Neill Byrnes and Donnie Noyes of Draw The Line.

Once again, Draw The Line.

Neill Byrnes of Draw The Line.

Donnie Noyes of Draw The Line.

Again, Neill Byrnes of Draw The Line.

Getting the ladies to dance, Aerosmith tribute band Draw The Line.

Justin Hunt and Stephen Drew of Draw The Line.

Again, Neill Byrnes and Donnie Noyes of Draw The Line.

Chris Pereto of Aerosmith tribute band Draw The Line.

One more time, Neill Byrnes and Donnie Noyes of Draw The Line.

As I watched Draw The Line, I also observed firsthand how some bands and musicians understand the concept of promotion and marketing and others do not. I saw two people walking amongst the gathered crowd; one was dressed in a banana suit, the other one was costumed too (but I forget what he was dressed as). They were handing out flyers to the crowd, advertising a show at the Epic Bar & Grill later that night featuring Long Island brass funk-rockers Hyjinx. Hyjinx had already played their showcase at this year's Millennium, and this was another gig they had booked. As you may recall, last year Hyjinx was one of the bands that had caught my attention with their promotion and networking, and I went to see their showcase last year at Champions in Highspire. Unfortunately, I already had decided upon my itinerary for this night, but Hyjinx's promotion caught my attention, and I remembered where they were playing! And they were the only band that seemed to be taking advantage of this large crowd of onlookers, passing out flyers and trying to attract at least a few of them to come check out their show.

As 8 PM arrived, it was time for me to head back inside the Crowne Plaza to take in some of the showcasing performers. I wanted to see the first band, Holis, as well as the GoGirls showcase performers, expecially Cookie Cutter Girl.

Harrisburg’s Holis was already in progress when I arrived, performing on the Jim Beam Stage. Six members strong, Holis performed a melodic brand of rock featuring elements of folk, blues and modern rock. Fronting the group was Raymond Zeiters, a powerful, animated singer who demonstrated ample range, soul and personality. Fred Pellegrini and Frank Mistretta played guitars, Christian McGinty keys, Jeremy White bass and Kenny Reiner drums. Holis played original songs, including a number from their debut CD, being released in July. Some of their songs included “Song Of The Sage,” the folksy “Mississippi Blue,” the tighter and pop-geared “Distance,” the gentle and somber “If We Die Tonight,” and “Ignorance,” which is being included in the upcoming movie The Return. I was very impressed with Holis’ performance, from Raymond’s clear, soulful voice and focused presentation to the tasty instrumental displays offered up by Fred, Frank and Christian. Definitely, Holis is a rising name that has its act very together; it was easy to understand why they had a large audience of fans present to enjoy their set.

Fred Pellegrini of Holis.

Holis kicks off the Saturday evening showcase at Crowne Plaza.

Again, Holis.

Raymond Zeiters of Holis.

Fred Pellegrini and Raymond Zeiters of Holis.

Again, Raymond Zeiters of Holis.

One more time, Raymond Zeiters of Holis.

Across the hallway at the Rolling Rock Stage, the GoGirls.com showcase – featuring bands containing female performers – got under way with the Philadelphia-based trio Showin’ Tell. Jeska – a former Miss Teen New Jersey from 1996 – sings lead and plays guitar. Kate plays bass and sings backup, and the group’s lone male member, Nicolino, plays drums. Showin’ Tell delivered fast, feisty punk-fueled rock with ample spit and vinegar. Jeska was battling a cold, and her full vocal power wasn’t present this night; still, she soldiered on and gave it her all, and she and her bandmates still did a respectable job. I didn’t catch many song titles here, except for “Farewell,” and their heavy and punkish take on Janis Joplin’s “Piece Of My Heart” to end their set.

Philadelphia’s Showin’ Tell kicks off action at the GoGirls.com showcase.

Again, Showin’ Tell.

Jeska of Showin’ Tell.

Jeska and Kate of Showin’ Tell.

Once again, Showin’ Tell.

Once again, Jeska of Showin’ Tell.

Back across the hall I headed to the Jim Beam Stage for the night’s next band, Baltimore’s Fools & Horses. A four-piece, this group displayed a bit of a Sublime/Men At Work flavor as they performed an upbeat brand of melodic modern rock. Singer/guitarist Matt Hutchison, drummer/singer Tim Hutchison, bassist/singer Kent Warren and guitarist/singer Steve Herrera showed a knack for catchy song hooks and nice vocal harmonies as they performed their set of original tunes, including songs from their two CD’s. Some of the songs they did included “The Therapy,” “The Legend of Billy Jack,” “Night Train,” “Around the Lake,” and the driving closer “Confessions of a Cheater.” I thought Fools & Horses was good; however, the crowd that had been in the room for Holis earlier had largely cleared out, and only a small audience stuck around to see what Fools & Horses had to offer. I thought they had a unique sound, and enjoyed what I heard.

From Baltimore, Fools & Horses.

Matt Hutchison of Fools & Horses.

Again, Fools & Horses.

Steve Herrera of Fools & Horses.

One more time, Fools & Horses.

After Fools & Horses’ set, I returned to the Rolling Rock Stage to take in the next GoGirls.com showcase performers, The Platforms. From Austin, Texas, The Platforms were visually interesting, with three ladies – singer Lolita Love, guitarist Junie Tune and bassist Coco Corona – in matching skirts and boots. Behind them and playing drums was the group’s lone male member, Wayne Kenichiban. Their appearance suggested a cross between Josie & the Pussycats and the female backing group in Robert Palmer’s videos in the 80’s. The Platforms played simple and catchy punk-fueled pop, with Lolita demonstrating a little bit of Chryssie Hynde-styled swagger and sass. These gals weren’t virtuosos on their instruments; their technique was basic, but on target. Again, because all these tunes were original and new to me, I didn’t catch much in the way of song titles, just the group’s surf-flavored closer “Beg Me.” In all, The Platforms’ presentation was entertaining, although I’m not sure how far their basic song library will get them once the novelty of their gimmick wears off.

The Platforms.

Again, The Platforms.

Lolita Love of The Platforms.

Coco Corona of The Platforms.

Junie Tune of The Platforms.

He likes the view from behind the drum kit; Wayne Kenichiban of The Platforms.

I then returned to the Jim Beam stage for the next band, Harrisburg favorites Bridges And A Bottle. The Bridges fans were present in full force, the room was packed! Having recently released their new EP, Trojan Horse, Bridges And A Bottle showcased new tunes from the EP, as well as material from their self-titled debut album. Brothers Justin and Adam Smith on vocals and guitars, guitarist Tyler Adkins, bassist Aaron Hodgdon and drummer Pat Besecker played melody-geared modern rock/pop with a slight Oasis feel, including tunes such as their popular local radio song “18,” “Still Standing” and more. Bridges And A Bottle executed as a tight and confident unit, and the large audience roared approval after each song. Clearly Bridges And A Bottle has accumulated a strong fan base thus far, and their blend of melodies and strong live presence should enable them to continue to expand that following.

With fans looking on, Bridges And A Bottle.

Justin Smith of Bridges And A Bottle.

Again, Bridges And A Bottle.

Tyler Adkins of Bridges And A Bottle.

Again, Justin Smith of Bridges And A Bottle.

Justin and Adam Smith of Bridges And A Bottle.

Once again serenading a large legion of fans, Bridges And A Bottle.

Tyler Adkins and Justin Smith of Bridges And A Bottle.

I then returned across the hall to see one more GoGirls.com act, Cookie Cutter Girl. Every year at Millennium, at least one or two performers or groups succeed in getting your attention, and generating a ‘buzz’ about themselves during the conference. This year, Cookie Cutter Girl stepped forward and created a ‘buzz’ about herself and her showcase. Her bright yellow minivan was parked outside in front of the Crowne Plaza Hotel throughout the conference, adorned with her posters and stickers. She made the rounds at the conference trade show, meeting and greeting people. She also did an impromptu performance at the trade show, drawing attention and curiosity. Since I like to allow the Conference “process” to work on me, I decided that after the marketing and schmoozing this gal did to get my attention, I’d check out Cookie Cutter Girl’s showcase set and see what she was all about.

Cookie Cutter Girl is actually the onstage alter ego of singer/guitarist Lynn Julian (like Superman is to Clark Kent). Based out of Massachusetts, Cookie Cutter Girl is the combination of comic book superhero and flambuoyant rock star. Her live showcase featured a slide projector showing photos and comic book images of her on the wall and ceiling beside her, as she played her attention-grabbing red flame guitar. Beyond the visuals, Cookie Cutter Girl performed guitar-driven, melodic hard rock, tied together with her comic book references and showering of the stagefront audience with various swag between songs. She and her band were solid; her voice showed strength and range, and she definitely showed confidence, enthusiasm and swagger. Cookie Cutter Girl’s songs were catchy for the most part; titles I caught along the way included “Get The Picture,” “Jumper,” “Other Girls Do,” “Jenny” and more. I thought Cookie Cutter Girl’s blend of tuneful rock and visual gimmickry made for an interesting presentation. Like any gimmick, though, she will need to continue to develop it and keep it fresh in order to maintain her fan base’s interest once the novelty has worn off.

Cookie Cutter Girl and her band.

Cookie Cutter Girl.

With her slide show presentation playing alongside her, Cookie Cutter Girl and her band.

Armed with her red flame guitar, Cookie Cutter Girl.

Again, Cookie Cutter Girl and her band.

Again, Cookie Cutter Girl.

One more time, Cookie Cutter Girl and her band.

At this point, I exited the Crowne Plaza showcase to try to catch another local representative showcasing during this year’s Millennium; 4 Days Dirty, performing at one of the “outpost” venues, Kokomo’s 22, about ten miles northeast of downtown Harrisburg. To get there, I would have to do something I managed to avoid doing thus far on Millennium weekend; navigate Harrisburg’s interstate highway system – well, just one road, I-83, which headed northeast out of Harrisburg towards the venue I was heading to. Last year I made a wrong turn on this thoroughfare and almost wound up going to Hershey. This time, though, I got it right, took the Colonial Park exit and made it to Kokomo’s in time to catch at least part of 4 Days Dirty’s set. That amounted to three songs; two newer numbers, and the group’s established closer, “Shot Gun.” Kokomo’s wasn’t particularly crowded, at least where the band was playing. However, the fans who were showing 4 Days Dirty attention were enjoying the performance, enough so that a few purchased CD’s afterward. 4 Days Dirty made it count; they were fired up to be showcasing at Millennium, and they were even more fired up because guitarist Joe Neary had just arrived back home from serving duty in Iraq the day before. Joe, singer/guitarist Steve Danfelt, bassist Paul Greiner and drummer Justin Fair were bristling and aggressive, constantly on the attack on their instruments. It was a good set for 4 Days Dirty, which earned the group some new fans.

4 Days Dirty, in the midst of their set at Kokomo’s 22.

Safely back from Iraq, Joe Neary of 4 Days Dirty.

Again, 4 Days Dirty.

Once again, 4 Days Dirty.

With some fans rocking along to them, 4 Days Dirty.

One band remained in my 2006 Millennium Music Conference experience. As I ordered up a dozen wings from Kokomo’s, the Towanda-based band Gravel set up their gear and prepared to perform. A four-piece, Gravel proceeded to play their brand of harder, groove-oriented modern rock. Their sound varied between slower, understated passages, heavier metallic bursts, and midtempo assaults; at times hinting at Tool, Soundgarden and Candlebox. Guitarists Steve Evanchick and Jeremy Tucci, bassist Jason Stanton and drummer Burt Ackley (all sing) performed songs from their EP (which they were handing out), along with some newer numbers. Again, I didn’t catch too many titles, but three songs I did identify included the edgier “Issues” with its rap-styled ending, “Hope,” and the Tool-like “The Now.” Gravel was tight and steady on their instruments, and their vocals and harmonies were good. Although there wasn’t much crowd remaining at Kokomo’s to watch Gravel’s set at this late hour, the onlookers who did stuck around – including the 4 Days Dirty entourage and Chris from The Underground TV. In all, good set, and perhaps through network channels with 4 Days Dirty, we might get to see Gravel visit the area sometime soon.

Finishing up the Kokomo’s showcase, Gravel.

Again, Gravel.

Jason Stanton of Gravel.

Steve Evanchick of Gravel.

Jeremy Tucci of Gravel.

Burt Ackley of Gravel.

Thus ended my adventures at this year’s Millennium Music Conference. Overall, this year’s Conference experience was good for me. I met new friends and got reacquainted with old ones, and I made new band and music industry contacts. I was happy with all of the musical talent I saw at this year’s showcases, and made several band discoveries I hope to encounter again. And again, Millennium’s panels and trade show enabled me to stay up to date with the current state of the music industry, and assess my role in it and how I can best do the things that I do in this area’s music scene.

No conference is perfect, and this year’s Millennium had a few slight problems – from a showcase venue reportedly pulling the plug on a showcase at the last minute, to a few sound/production complaints, to lightly attended showcases, particularly at the outskirt locations. But I did see better attendance at the panels and seminars; it was good to see more musicians taking advantage of their opportunity and using the Conference as a learning experience. And overall, this year’s Millennium seemed to run very smoothly; the daytime events ran on schedule, and the showcases I witnessed all ran on time as well. Hats off to Millennium main man John Harris for continuing to present this event – as I’ve said before, no other event in our region assembles the amount of music industry people, resources, information, networking opportunities, bands and musicians in one place for a concentrated three-day window. For ten years, the Millennium Music Conference has provided that opportunity.

With overall Conference attendance lighter since the event was moved to summer three years ago, next year’s Millennium Music Conference will take place during winter, from February 22-24, 2007 at Crowne Plaza. I expect to be a part of it again; if you’re serious about your music career, and want to learn about the music industry and the information and resources available to help you succeed in it, I suggest you consider attending Millennium. You’re sure to come away from the conference better informed about the music business than when you first arrive.

GREEN EGGS @ PELLEGRINE’S, ALTOONA 6/25/06

My initial game plans for the Sunday following the Millennium Music Conference were to either drown some worms along the Susquehanna River (i.e. – fishing), do some traveling and exploring further east (even possibly driving into New Jersey just to say I did it once), or both. But the skies were gray and the rains were falling when I awoke on Sunday morning and checked out of my hotel. (This was the start of the rain deluge that eventually caused flooding along the Susquehanna throughout eastern PA.) The rain grew harder and steadier as I chowed down on breakfast at Friendly’s in Camp Hill, and I abandoned my fishing and travel aspirations. Not wanting to head back home quite yet, though, I pondered some indoor options in the Harrisburg area. I decided to check out the Pennsylvania State Museum, located next to the state capitol building. After spending the afternoon exploring the museum, I then drove back home Sunday evening, and ended the weekend checking out Green Eggs at Pellegrine’s.

Pellegrine’s was busy as I arrived, and Green Eggs was just starting into their second set. Singer/keyboard man Brian Nicarry, singer/bassist Brad Nicarry, guitarist/singer Steve Nelson and drummer Doug Black again brought the party, mixing tunes and styles from the 60’s to present into nonstop dance grooves that kept Pelly’s dance floor packed. During this set, Green Eggs incorporated tunes from such diverse sources as Vanilla Ice, Blur, Abba, Soft Cell, Poison, Def Leppard, Bon Jovi, Weezer, Van Morrison, Alanis Morisette and more. Green Eggs smoothly shifted gears between all these songs and styles, keeping the action constant as they swapped lead vocal duties and stage positions. This group was clicking on all cylinders, and had the Pellegrine's party going strong.

The third set featured more of the same. Green Eggs strung together tunes from such artists as the Jackson 5, Mr. Big, Whitesnake, several rap/hip hop tunes, Bon Jovi, Nickelback, and Nine Inch Nails' "Closer" to finish out the night. Once again, Green Eggs' execution was smooth and their onstage action nonstop. The reward was a packed Pellegrine's dance floor from start to end, and a lot of smiling faces at night's end.

With fans looking on, Brad Nicarry of Green Eggs.

Three happy ladies pose in front of Brad Nicarry of Green Eggs.

Again, Green Eggs.

Brian Nicarry of Green Eggs.

Brad and Brian Nicarry of Green Eggs.

Brian Nicarry and Steve Nelson of Green Eggs.

Singing to a packed dance floor, Brian Nicarry of Green Eggs.

Doug Black of Green Eggs.

Green Eggs plays to a happy and packed dance floor.

Steve Nelson of Green Eggs.

One more time, Steve Nelson of Green Eggs.

http://pamusician.net
 Back to top »
Jim Price

Post Posted: Friday Dec 18, 2009 

http://pamusician.net
 Back to top »
ROCKPAGE Forum Index » JP's Corner
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: