No
47%
 47%  [ 22 ]
Total Votes : 46

byndrsn
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Posted: Thursday Oct 05, 2006 

Okay folks, this poll (and the other nine like it) are being done because of a political discussion that is being held in the General Discussion section of RockPage.

Let us know your stance!!!

Urbs
bassist_25

Post Posted: Thursday Oct 05, 2006 

No

Why should I take any type of instrinic pride simply based on my luck of the geographical location I was born? I'm proud to be a musician. I'm proud to hold a 3.9 GPA at school. I'm proud of what I've accomplished in life. I took an active role in accomplishing those different things. I'm just lucky to be born in America. That's like being proud of having some Native American blood in me. I'm my own person. I'm happy to be an America, but I'm not proud. There's a big difference.
Band_Widow

Post Posted: Friday Oct 06, 2006 

I'm proud of what my ancestors built this country into and quite upset aboutwhat the current state of affairs are between the liberals and the media. But I'd still give my life to defend the freedoms we still have left.
AtoMikEnRtiA
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Location: Palmyra, Pennsylvania - Where only the Strong Survive.. kinda like New Jersey...

Band_Widow wrote:
I'm proud of what my ancestors built this country into and quite upset aboutwhat the current state of affairs are between the liberals and the media. But I'd still give my life to defend the freedoms we still have left.

you really dont get out much, do you?

- Keith Reyn on Chinese Waiters at IHOP
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
skydog
Gold Member
Gold Member

Of course I'm proud to be an american!!! And always will!!!!
althought I'm not proud of our leadership in Washington.

http://www.myspace.com/heavymediarocks
 Back to top »
VENTGtr
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Post Posted: Friday Oct 27, 2006 

"No

Why should I take any type of instrinic pride simply based on my luck of the geographical location I was born?"

Absolutely! We have this idea that because we're born here we're somehow superior and
chosen by "God" yet call ourselves HUMBLE? Also, we should understand that people in
other countries have just as much pride in their national heritage and know a lot more about
OURS than most of us do.

"You must be this beautiful to ride the Quagmire."
 Back to top »
Punkinhead
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Post Posted: Friday Oct 27, 2006 

VENTGtr wrote:

We have this idea that because we're born here we're somehow superior and
chosen by "God" yet call ourselves HUMBLE?

Boy, that line sounds familiar...

Edit: This is for ALL religions:

You know I have a real problem with religion. I never really brought it up because, well, I mostly don't give a fuck but, I really believe that all religious people are WAY off base. They kill in the name of God!? What kind of God wants you to kill your brother in his name? Not the God that the bible belt says they believe in. Yet, they'd stone someone for having an abortion, kill someone for not sharing their beliefs, etc, etc. It gets even better if you're one of those who speaks for keeping God in the pledge or argues a hatred for gays but you'll go and fuck around on your family and destroy the people who need you most...

Truly, if you are a religious person then you should help people, especially if you believe they are wrong. They might agree with you, they might not. It's their choice to decide. One thing is for sure though, attacking them is not the way to open them to your beliefs. It's the way to push them away and anger them...It certainly is not a way to help them be a better person.

That's what it is about to me. Be a good person. You won't get shit if you go spouting off like some dick and you don't deserve anything but what you get. Now if religion is what it takes to make you a good person, then kudos to you and by all means it's working for you. But most religious people are not like that.

One quote from a movie has stuck with me for a long time:
I am faithful, not religious. Religion is mind control, true faith is actually believing.

This is not a post saying to banish religion. It is simply a rant on how fucking wacky most religious people are. If they would take some time and look in the mirror they might see that a lot of the problems start or are getting worse in it.
Jared Michaels
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Posted: Friday Aug 01, 2008 

No! Mad

Especially... because of how are stupid,F**ked up government is running the country these days.....I'm not proud about it at all! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
 Back to top »
CrossfireRadio
Gold Member
Gold Member

I answer no to this lil poll for a few reasons.

Sure I was born and raised here in the USA - But more and more as the years go by - we have less and less that we are able to do anymore.

Where as other countries, have more than what we do.... Less censorship on TV for 1. Hell just look at Italy and Germany's Commericals Very Happy

The government here just totally sux - as do most jobs around this area
Credit Checks to get a job? wtf for? =\

President well im not even gonna comment on that...
 Back to top »
Hawk
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

I would die for this country. I love this country. I love the people in this country. I respect this country.

Few people complain about the government more than me, BUT it is the people who make up this country.

I have relatives who fought in WW II out of love for this country. I feel a sence of duty to care about, and for this country. I'm proud of them.

There are Americans putting their life on the line right now for America. I am proud of them. (All of you know I'm against the war.) But I love the soldiers.

I'm proud of my fellow Americans. I am privileged to be among you !

Governmental corruption has been in the US from the beginning. But that is no reason to loose your pride for the USA. We will get through it.

I am proud of the USA !
Triple Threat
 Back to top »
Hawk
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Punkinhead wrote:
VENTGtr wrote:

We have this idea that because we're born here we're somehow superior and
chosen by "God" yet call ourselves HUMBLE?

Boy, that line sounds familiar...

Edit: This is for ALL religions:

You know I have a real problem with religion. I never really brought it up because, well, I mostly don't give a fuck but, I really believe that all religious people are WAY off base. They kill in the name of God!? What kind of God wants you to kill your brother in his name? Not the God that the bible belt says they believe in. Yet, they'd stone someone for having an abortion, kill someone for not sharing their beliefs, etc, etc. It gets even better if you're one of those who speaks for keeping God in the pledge or argues a hatred for gays but you'll go and fuck around on your family and destroy the people who need you most...

Truly, if you are a religious person then you should help people, especially if you believe they are wrong. They might agree with you, they might not. It's their choice to decide. One thing is for sure though, attacking them is not the way to open them to your beliefs. It's the way to push them away and anger them...It certainly is not a way to help them be a better person.

That's what it is about to me. Be a good person. You won't get shit if you go spouting off like some dick and you don't deserve anything but what you get. Now if religion is what it takes to make you a good person, then kudos to you and by all means it's working for you. But most religious people are not like that.

One quote from a movie has stuck with me for a long time:
I am faithful, not religious. Religion is mind control, true faith is actually believing.

This is not a post saying to banish religion. It is simply a rant on how fucking wacky most religious people are. If they would take some time and look in the mirror they might see that a lot of the problems start or are getting worse in it.

Please don't lump ALL religious people together. The MAJORITY of religious people are not out killing.

Muhammad taught the Muslims three ways to deal with other religions.

1. Other religions must convert to Muslim.

2. If they do not convert, they will be allowed to live as second class citizens, if they pay money to the Muslims.

3. If they do not agree to 1 and 2 - KILL THEM

So, many religious wars have come because of this. Wars to protect yourself from them or wars to retaliate.

Don't judge all religions on the TV preachers - Their " I talk to God personally" attitude is just wrong.

There are many religious, non judgmental, good people out there. Many fit the description that you describe in a positive way. They just don't wear it on their sleeve for everyone to see.

It is the few who think they have a private channel to God that get all the headlines.

I'm against abortion, but I do not judge. Nor stone.
Triple Threat
 Back to top »
Hawk
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Band_Widow wrote:

"......quite upset about what the current state of affairs are between the liberals and the media."

Would you be kind enough to elaborate on this ? I'm not sure I understand your point.
Triple Threat
 Back to top »
Another-Drummer

Yes, I'm proud to be an American! And, I'm proud to have served in the U.S. Army.

Maybe proud isn't the right word, though. How about lucky? Yeah, I'm LUCKY to be an american. But, that's just me.
 Back to top »
Ron
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hawk wrote:
Band_Widow wrote:

"......quite upset about what the current state of affairs are between the liberals and the media."

Would you be kind enough to elaborate on this ? I'm not sure I understand your point.

Hawk, you may have trouble getting a reply to a 2 year old post. Wink
DirtySanchez
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Ron wrote:
Hawk wrote:
Band_Widow wrote:

Don't ruin it for him Ron. It's the first argument he's won on RP.
DirtySanchez
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

To answer this age old question however:

What's not to be proud of anyways?

Opressing Native Americans to the point where observing their heritage is a novelty?- PROUD

Slavery?-Proud

Racism?-Proud

The fact that our Freedom Fighters are another countries Terrorists?-PROUD

Home Forclosures at all time high?-PROUD

Homophobia?-PROUD

Segregation?-PROUD

Class War?- PROUD

Religious Discrimination?-PROUD

Jail time for potsmokers as child molesters walk free on parole?-PROUD

The general population being more concerned about the cancellation of a shitty tv show than any of the above?-PROUDPROUDPROUD!!!!

Fuck No!!!

But, I don't mind living here. Pride is overrated.
Colton
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

I'm proud to be a guitarist. Wait, what are we talking about here?
Plastered Bastards
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Posted: Saturday Aug 02, 2008 

Think about what the rest of the world thinks of us.

www.myspace.com/drunkbastards
www.myspace.com/delishbastard
 Back to top »
Hawk
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Post Posted: Saturday Aug 02, 2008 

DirtySanchez wrote:
Ron wrote:
Hawk wrote:
Band_Widow wrote:

Don't ruin it for him Ron. It's the first argument he's won on RP.

LMAO Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing :lol
Triple Threat
 Back to top »
Chuxema
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Posted: Thursday Aug 14, 2008 

DirtySanchez wrote:
To answer this age old question however:

What's not to be proud of anyways?

Opressing Native Americans to the point where observing their heritage is a novelty?- PROUD

Slavery?-Proud

Racism?-Proud

The fact that our Freedom Fighters are another countries Terrorists?-PROUD

Home Forclosures at all time high?-PROUD

Homophobia?-PROUD

Segregation?-PROUD

Class War?- PROUD

Religious Discrimination?-PROUD

Jail time for potsmokers as child molesters walk free on parole?-PROUD

The general population being more concerned about the cancellation of a shitty tv show than any of the above?-PROUDPROUDPROUD!!!!

Fuck No!!!

But, I don't mind living here. Pride is overrated.

Can I get a AMEN for Pastor Brian?

HALLE FUCKING LUJAH BROTHER!!
ROCKPAGE Forum Index » Viewer Polls
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: