· Home
· Band Pages
· Show Schedule
· The Forums
· The Final Cut
BACKYARD ROCKER 7/22/07 (MY TURNING POINT)
ROCKPAGE Forum Index » Homegrown Rocker
previous topic :: next topic  
Jim Price

Post Posted: Sunday Jul 22, 2007 

Hello Everyone,

Here is the recap of the July 22 edition of Q94's weekly local music program, "The Backyard Rocker," which airs every Sunday night from 8 to 10 PM on WBRX 94.7 and WBXQ 94.3. The show is brought to you by The Altoona Curve (www.altoonacurve.com), “Everybody’s Hometown Team!”

Thanks to our guests this week, My Turning Point (www.myturningpointrocks.com). We learned about the band, formed by former Blue Skye Mourning/Stept On/Wake Up Screaming drummer Jim Bagrosky, who stepped out from behind the drum kit to sing and play rhythm guitar in this latest project. We heard songs from My Turning Point’s debut CD, Seclusion Serves Me Well, and several lucky listeners phoned in to win copies of the disc. We also updated Local Music News, and we debuted new songs from Fooling April, Bad Daze and Turning Point.

Here is this week’s playlist:

HOUR ONE:

THE NIGHTCRAWLERS – “Black Hole”
FOOLING APRIL – “Chick Flix”
MY TURNING POINT – “In Your Head”
LIES, INC. – “Hypnotic”
MY TURNING POINT – “Broken Man”
NITEKAST – “Humidity”
MY TURNING POINT – “Found My Way”
BAD DAZE – “Lost” (live)

HOUR TWO:

FLIGHT 19 – “3 of a Kind”
4 DAYS DIRTY – “Killbox”
MY TURNING POINT – “Words Are Not Enough/Everlasting”
STEPT ON – “Lonely” (2000, Local Music Flashback)
MY TURNING POINT – “Stop”
TURNING POINT – “Two Minute Warning”
MY TURNING POINT – “Under My Skin”

Next Sunday night, our guest in the studio will be “Backyard Rocker” frequent flyer Rhyne McCormick. When Rhyne was last here on Tax Day (April 15), he introduced his new band, Last Chance. We’ll get an update on Last Chance, as well as Rhyne’s solo career. We’ll also hear tunes from Rhyne’s CD’s, plus he’ll be bringing his guitar to play a song or two live. Rhyne McCormick returns to the “Backyard Rocker,” next Sunday night!

Forthcoming guests and specials include:

AUG. 5 – Cover Song Special
AUG. 12 – Jackson Monsour
AUG. 26 – Ron Carnevali (Johnstown Folkfest preview)
SEPT. 2 – Spirit Lost
SEPT. 9 – Tony Mollick Project
SEPT. 16 – Fayted
SEPT. 23 – Chapter 5 (tentative)
OCT. 7 – Justin Mack
OCT. 14 – Acoustic Jam Special 8
OCT. 28 – White Witch (Halloween Special)
NOV. 4 – Acalasia
NOV. 11 – Our Broken Silence
NOV. 25 – Way Down East

The "Backyard Rocker" is happy to announce its continued partnership with "The Underground TV," the local/regional music television show airing on WWPC Fox 8 Sunday and Monday mornings at 1 AM. Check out "The Underground" as it features different unsigned local and regional bands every week; and watch for "Backyard Rocker" updates on the show each week as well!

For regular updates on what is happening on the area music scene, pay a visit to Rockpage (www.rockpage.net). Rockpage features band links, a message board, "Backyard Rocker" updates, the online 'zine publication "The Final Cut," and other local music scene information.

Bands and artists interested in having music aired on "The Backyard Rocker" are invited to send their broadcast-quality recordings to: WBXQ Radio, 1417 12th Avenue, Altoona, PA 16601; ATTN: Jim Price. Or drop the recordings off at the station during regular business hours, Monday-Friday 9 AM - 5 PM.

Q94’s “Backyard Rocker” has been introducing listeners to the region’s best musical talent for over nine years, and we plan to do it for many more. Help guarantee the program’s future, and consider becoming an advertising sponsor of the “Backyard Rocker.” If your business involves music, a “Backyard Rocker” sponsorship can get your message in front of listeners interested in music. To inquire about becoming a sponsor of the “Backyard Rocker,” call Diane Boslet during regular business hours at (814) 944-9320, or email diane@wbxq.com.

Jim Price

In Local Music News…

There will be a 17th annual “End of Summer Jam” benefit concert. At their monthly meeting this past Monday night, the Cresson Sportsmen’s Club agreed to allow the “End of Summer Jam” benefit concert for Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh to take place on their grounds for at least one more year. The concert will be a one-day event this year, happening on Sunday, August 26. More details about the show will be announced in the coming days.

Rock For The Troops, the show series organized by members of local music website Rockpage to videotape greetings and support for local troops serving in Iraq and Afghanistan, is planning to stage an outdoor concert in early September. The show is being planned to take place on Sunday, September 9 at Heritage Plaza in downtown Altoona. More details will be announced shortly.

Citing differences between band members, Altoona hard modern rockers 4 Days Dirty have announced that they have broken up. The four band members plan to continue their music careers, and hope to resurface in new projects down the road.

Former Fayted lead guitarist Kenton Sitch has reformed the band State Of Mind, his previous group before Fayted. The new edition of State Of Mind features Kenton on lead guitar and vocals, Jim Bulger on lead vocals, Mike Yahner on bass and vocals, former Retroactive guitarist Ken Karlheim, and former Flight 19/Bak 2 Bay 6 drummer Troy Ott.

And a change of Josh’s behind the drum kit for northern Cambria County trio Nitekast. Josh Boring has exited the group, and Josh Sheesley take over the drum position.

http://pamusician.net
 Back to top »
ROCKPAGE Forum Index » Homegrown Rocker
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: