· Home
· Band Pages
· Show Schedule
· The Forums
· The Final Cut
Rock/Metal band needs a male or FEMALE singer...
ROCKPAGE Forum Index » Musicians / Bands Wanted / Available
previous topic :: next topic  
Xotlom

Post Posted: Thursday Sep 03, 2009 

First of all, thanks for looking into this ad. As this project continues to mature some adjustments are needed. We are currently looking for a dedicated singer male or FEMALE to handle tunes in the styles of Dream Theater, Rush, and your typical bar friedly 80s songs and other possible twists in the blues, jazz, and R&B styles. A balanced wide taste in music is preferred although we are focusing mostly on rock/prog metal tunes. We are looking for a decent and responsible hard working singer who is willing to put the necessary effort into learning challenging stuff when needed.

We need someone experienced, ideally in the alto to soprano registers just due to the nature of some of the tunes we plan to cover and/or write. You should feel confident on stage and interact with the audience way beyond singing.

PM if interested. Once again, I can't stress enough that female singers are more than welcome to inquire about this gig.

Thanks.

Last edited by Xotlom on Friday Oct 16, 2009; edited 3 times in total
 Back to top »
MOONDOGGY
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Post Posted: Tuesday Sep 15, 2009 

Any responses from singers for this project??? I can't wait to see a performance.

All kinetic, no potential.

Back to top »
UNEARTHA7XMatt
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Posted: Tuesday Sep 15, 2009 

Alto or Soprano? Good God I hope you can find one. Thats some range if you do and I cant wait to see it!
Xotlom

Post Posted: Wednesday Sep 16, 2009 

I do understand that an alto or soprano is really hard to find and, even more so, a good sounding one. It may very well be impossible to find what we are looking for but a compromise may be reached if the ideal candidate does not appear within a reasonable wait time. There are many talented musicians around PA that fall more into the Eddie Vedder range and I DO enjoy their singing. Many have submitted their demos and while they sound great, I have yet to hear someone send a demo where the vocals required them to hit higher registers. This new project is very different from anything I have done in the past. If you can hit Steve Perry, James LaBrie, Freddie Mercury, or Bruce Dickinson, without going flat, fainting on stage, or ruining your voice for the rest of the night then we would be very interested in having a listen.

Please send a demo, even if recorded with a cheap Radio Shack microphone or computer boom mic! We should be able to decide whether your singing meets our needs. You may very well sing great but right now the question is whether you can hit those high notes, be responsible and dedicated to the project. I know this post may suggest arrogance from my part but trust me that it is not the intention. We just have a need for such vocalist. I'm certainly not perfect. So if you are a singer with good enough experience and yes you may have your bad nights, but if the average is good then please let us hear your singing as you can always arrange a set to ease things on the vocals, if only for a few tough songs.

We are still looking for that one singer who can do the ball squeeze or have enough estrogen to hit those high notes, respectively. We do not intend this to be 100% of the material we plan to cover but just from our discussions we pretty much decided that we need someone who can deliver the goods and not shy away because it sounds too "80s metal", girly high, unmanly, queer or anything along those lines. We are very open to all kinds of singer styles, but we need the range. For example, we may play something from Pink Floyd which wouldn't require such range, but then we may want to pull something from the Yngwie Malmsteen days, Dream Theater, or perhaps cheese up the show with a Journey song, and so on. We are looking to be very diverse band and entertain a wide audience.

This project is probably "my last" and I plan to put a lot of effort into it. I need, for this reason, people who are self-driven and very dedicated to their craft. I think we are close to deciding on a bass player but still have another 3 auditions to go through. We still need a singer. Finally if an eclectic keyboardist with love for Chopin to prog metal (e.g., Dream Theater) stuff wants to join us we'll surely be delighted to bring you onboard.

It is still pretty early in the project and we are currently deciding the range of material that we may cover. All I can say is that so far the material to cover or write is VERY diverse. We love music...we just want to try it all and eventually stick to what works for the public while keeping us all happy.

-Luis
Guitars (a.k.a Xotlom)
 Back to top »
Xotlom

Post Posted: Monday Sep 21, 2009 

Because it is unfair to ask musicians to join a project they have no clue of what they are getting into I have decided to upload a small demo of me attempting to play Constant Motion from Dream Theater. This happens to be one of the main songs selected for auditioning bass players. I found a bass/drums/keys/vocal minus guitar backing track for the song and I recorded all the guitar parts. The guitar parts will sound hotter in the mix so that you can clearly hear the guitar (my playing) above everything else. As you can hear I am not perfect when playing this song.

If you still like what you hear and would like to join us, please let me know.

Thanks for listening. Click on the link below (DEMO) to download my guitar playing cover of Constant Motion by Dream Theater.

DEMO
 Back to top »
MOONDOGGY
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Man I wish I was in town and could audition for this. That sounded like the album to me! It's obvious you spend the time to make it sound right.

Again, good luck on the search. I'm anxiously awaiting the results.

All kinetic, no potential.

Back to top »
UNEARTHA7XMatt
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I meant absolutely no disrespect with my post. I love the higher singers Like Jon Anderson of Yes, or Geoff Tate of Queensrych, even Rob Halford, but I also know how hard it is to find a good singer with that Kind of Range. I wish you guys nothing but luck and as soon as you find one I will be first in line to see this show!
Xotlom

Post Posted: Friday Oct 16, 2009 

Bump! Still looking for a singer.
 Back to top »
Xotlom

Post Posted: Friday Nov 20, 2009 

Bump! Still looking.....
 Back to top »
ROCKPAGE Forum Index » Musicians / Bands Wanted / Available
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: