· The Final Cut
Onboard Active bass electronics
ROCKPAGE Forum Index » Tech Sector
previous topic :: next topic  
MOONDOGGY
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Post Posted: Tuesday Mar 02, 2004 

Heres my problem- I am building a 6 string bass form scratch (except for the neck. It is a carvin neckthru). I currently have an EMG BQS model (I think) preamp. 3 sets of magnetic pickups- a set of Internally active Peavey pickups (from Cirrus model), a set of active Yamaha soapbars (from Myung model), and a set of active Alembic soapbars. I also have a one-piece peizo bridge pickup, and am looking to get a set of 6 individual RMC piezo saddles. I was going to go with 2 pickups, or one pickup and piezo. Now I may just go with only Piezo. Whatever it is, i want to run it thru 18 volts. If it is just piezo, I want just 1 vol and 1 tone control. If 2 pickups, I would like vol, p/u sel/blend, and 3-band eq. I need to know if my preamp will work with any of these pickups/configurations. I need to know who i can talk to to get this done (at low cost). I thought i was savvy w/ bass electronics, but when it came time to wire up the preamp and pickups, i realized i was over my head. HELP!
 Back to top »
Matt_22
Gold Member
Gold Member

I would get on the website for the manufactorers of these pickups and see if you can print out wiring schematics. IF you can print them out and read them. They will tell what you can or can't do or if you can rig them up some how. If all else fails take it to sean at music haven in johnstown. He's a genius.
 Back to top »
tonefight
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

www.stewmac.com

They are a guitar builders supply and have alot of free printable wiring diagrams and such, I can't guarantee they will have what you need but its worth a shot.
 Back to top »
Ron
Site Admin
Site Admin

Moondoggy,
EMG claims that the BQS will work with active or passive pickups, so you should be OK there. They don't mention piezos specifically, but I don't see why they wouldn't work. Mixing active and passive may require different volume pots for each. Here's a link to several (simple) BQS wiring diagrams in a PDF file.

http://www.emgpickups.com/downloads/wiringdiagrams/BQseries.pdf
ROCKPAGE Forum Index » Tech Sector
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: