· Home
· Band Pages
· Show Schedule
· The Forums
· The Final Cut
Raising money to keep helping unsigned artist for free.
ROCKPAGE Forum Index » Services Needed / Available
previous topic :: next topic  
CrossFireMistress

Post Posted: Saturday Jan 22, 2011 

Well, as you all know CrossFire-Radio.com is here for you unsigned bands and artists. We love to help you people out and even get to know each one of you personally. It was a shame we had to take out all of our unsigned music and start all over again. I am deeply sorry for this, but it was something we had to do. If you missed the post about that let me sum it up for you in a short description. We had to delete all the unsigned artist because things were not being updated. Bands and artists were not letting us know of brake ups, band name changes, new music, events, contests, and alot of other stuff. So, I sent out e-mails to all the bands that signed up for CFR and told them what happened and what they needed to do ( keep updated by e-mailing and interact by using our message board). So if you were on the station already I am sorry. All you need to do is re-register with the form (please watch for a e-mail it might go in your spam folder)and send your info and stuff in and register for our message board. We have a special area for you guys to post info and events. Plus we have a video upload area and picture gallery.

Now for the situation at hand! As you all know our station plays you unsigned artist for free. We let listeners do alot of things for free. Heck most of the site is free except cfr store, t-shirt store, advertising and subscriptions. Yet, all these things that aren't free every little penny we make from any of this ( which is no money at all actually ) goes into the station its self. We take donations too which goes right back into the station. People don't want to donate now a days and get nothing in return. Yet, our station to be up and running and LEGAL, it takes money and that money is cash out of our pockets. So, with that said we barely have cash to keep it running but we do because this is important to us because we are helping you and doing it out of the kindness of our hearts for free. WHY? Because we like helping you and only wish great things for you so this helps you get heard all around the world.

So, with the legalities and upkeep and different stuff to do for the station to get and keep listeners so that they hear your music is costly. See when we thought about having unsigned bands about 5 years ago we figured you being the band or artist would tell your fans to come request you on the station, so that you would get more air play. Well, that barely happened so then we did a band once a hour and had a schedule for what band got played. As we saw bands weren't helping we slowly went away from this and wanted to start fresh. So do join up please. BUT anyhow lol off the subject. With no donations, no one buying anything I had to come up with a way to raise money or get donations for something. So, i thought of making dog and cat bandanna and bows. bandannas were 10 bux and bows were either 2 for 2 or 2 for 4. Well, 10 bux must have been to much for personalized (dogs or cats name on them) bandannas so made them 6.99 dollars. Nope nothing! Lets see the bill for the station is anywhere from $400.00 to $600.00 a month that's including everything. Costly huh? That's like a mortgage payment. LOL Fire and I could have bought a house by now within those 5 years of being up, but the money went into the station.

With those ideas we had we got nothing. So me being witty thought why don't I do something I know for money for the station. Do a fundraiser for donations. Since we don't have money for a place of venue and bands willing to play for free, I had to think of something else ( we wouldn't want you bands playing for free you deserve all the money you get for all your heard work. Others may not see it that way but we do! We want to see you thrive and you need money for equipment and other things.)

Well, I am a groomer of 6+ years (knowing first aid and cpr). I figured groom dogs for donations. Donations would go for the station and the replenishing of items to keep on grooming. It is all on craigs list basically all the info ( http://altoona.craigslist.org/pas/2169840299.html). So please do help in any way possible. If you have dogs bring them, if you know people with dogs tell them.. I have before and after pictures on that post.

We want to do so much more for you bands. With no money it is hard! We were even thinking of battle of the bands. All bands enter, have voters, contests, sponsors for winners new equipment, fans listening and so on. BUT no money! yah watch this idea will be taken if read.. whatever Razz lol wait let me write this up send it in the mail to myself and copy write it lol. We have ideas, we have promotional ways, we have listeners but no money.

thank you for being patiant and reading my novel lol.. please do help Wink
Evil Mistress ( co-owner of www.crossfire-radio.com ) The Brains roflmao j/k
CrossFireMistress

Post Posted: Thursday Feb 24, 2011 

I figured since no one contacted me about grooming it was probably because no one saw what I could do. Don't forget short haired dogs need bathed and conditioned too. Plus, every dog needs nails done.
just contact me at coownercfr_mistress@yahoo(dot)com
don't take aggressive, flea infested or skunked animals

TheBMC
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Posted: Friday Feb 25, 2011 

Just sent my wife the link to this forum thread as a reminder that next time our dog needs groomed ect we will bring him to you!

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

www.facebook.com/thesitchrocks
 Back to top »
CrossFireMistress

Post Posted: Friday Feb 25, 2011 

Thank you TheBMC, what kind of doggie do you have?
TheBMC
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Posted: Monday Feb 28, 2011 

We have an English Bulldog. I sometimes wonder if he is a dog or human... he does some really strange things sometimes... I also think he is an escape artist. Nothing contains him. lol.

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

www.facebook.com/thesitchrocks
 Back to top »
CrossFireMistress

Post Posted: Tuesday Mar 01, 2011 

lol! OMG I love bulldogs they are so quirky. Alot of people think the same thing you do.
ROCKPAGE Forum Index » Services Needed / Available
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: