· The Final Cut
'87 Charvel Model 3
ROCKPAGE Forum Index » Tech Sector
previous topic :: next topic  
metalchurch
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Post Posted: Friday Aug 24, 2012 

Just got this the other day, It's all original and it's in very nice condition for it's age, and I got a Charvel HSC with it.
I had a Pearl White Metallic 87 just like this, but I sold it about 6 or 7 years ago in order to buy an ESP I think. Anyway, I always regretted that and I've been searching hard for a replacement for a long time, and finally found one in the same color and everything.

I ordered a new Original Floyd to replace the poopy Jackson JT-6 trem, and I'm deciding on what pups I want to put in it, but as of right now, I guess I have to play it stock.

Back to top »
old Skool
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Posted: Wednesday Aug 29, 2012 

Sweet! The Floyd is a great upgrade on these. I've also been installing Floyd Upgrades brass blocks on the trems & man what a difference-more definition & sustain. White is one of my fav colors on these too. I like JB's & Lil 59s in these but that's all a matter of personal preference.
metalchurch
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Post Posted: Wednesday Sep 05, 2012 

Yeah, an OFR is most definitely in the works. In fact, that was my biggest bitch about my old Model 3, as well as the Kahler style locking nut. Thats the stupidest design ever in my opinion. I might route it for a Floyd style nut, or maybe go with a brass nut nut. Ive never used the brass blocks on my Floyds, but I hear very positive comments on them. Another thing to do is to use brass screws for the trem claw. They can be found at Lowes and other places. They are mostly used for door hinges. Theres a few guys on the lefty forum that use them, i havent tried those either, but ive been wanting to give it a try. Thanks for the positive reply, i kinda figured that youd like the Charvel. A friend of mine has a 475 Deluxe that Im trying to get from him. Ive never owned one, so that would be sweet. I love the old toothpaste logo Charvels myself. Ive spent a shit load of money over the last couple of months because the market is down and now is a great time to buy. As im sure you noticed that most are 1987s, kinda weird that it turned out that way. I love old guitars and id own one of them over any new guitar on the market.
 Back to top »
ROCKPAGE Forum Index » Tech Sector
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: