· Show Schedule
· The Forums
· The Final Cut
Remembering Rich Edmundson
ROCKPAGE Forum Index » General Discussion
previous topic :: next topic  
Jim Price

Post Posted: Saturday May 22, 2021 

The area music scene was saddened this week with the passing of Rich Edmundson on Tuesday (May 18).

Rich began surfacing on local stages in 2010, performing during open mic and jam night events. He quickly gained popularity as a solo artist, and it did not take long to realize his special talents as a singer, songwriter, freestyler and innovator. He often created songs on the spot, just letting the muse carry him. During his first guest appearance on my "Homegrown Rocker" radio program in April, 2010, Rich disclosed that he was a savant, and that music came naturally to him.

He appeared numerous times over the years at open mics and jam nights, local music festival events, and various benefit shows where he generously donated his talents. He could even be spotted busking on street corners from time to time. Rich went by the nickname "Allheart" for a while, and that nickname fit him; he was all heart toward his music, and had a big heart for donating his talents to help benefits as well. He had a passion for music, and was eager to perform.

Rich did a few recordings, including his Worlds Apart album in 2013 and a subsequent album called Building Bridges (which I'm not sure if he ever actually released).

I am saddened by Rich's passing, but will carry pleasant memories of him, his pleasant personality and his music. And his musical legacy will live via his music and recordings. I express my heartfelt sympathies to Rich's mother, Sue, along with all of his family, friends and the music community. Rich was indeed one of a kind.

The picture below is from April 12, 2010, showing Rich during one of his many appearances during Pellegrine's weekly Wednesday jam nights.

http://pamusician.net
 Back to top »
ROCKPAGE Forum Index » General Discussion
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: