· Home
· Band Pages
· Show Schedule
· The Forums
· The Final Cut
Anyone have experience with the Podxt or xt live?
ROCKPAGE Forum Index » Tech Sector
previous topic :: next topic  
Sanctify

Post Posted: Tuesday Nov 23, 2004 

Hey just wondering if anyone has the podxt or podxt live... I've researched and definetly want one or the other... has anyone used one or the other on stage? I noticed they have completely differnet floor switches...

Comments? advice? suggestions? anything would be appreciated.... feel free to email me or just reply to the thread...
www.audiostreet.net/innerg 3 MP3'S w/ great forums
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
tonefight
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Post Posted: Wednesday Nov 24, 2004 

Whenever ya find out let me know how the Wah is, I use a floor unit now but the wah sucks so I have to use an external with it
Sanctify

tonefight...

what kind of floor unit are you using?
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
tonefight
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Its an older digitech RP3, not top of the line but it gets the job done, like I said my only complaint really is the Wah sound and I wish it had an XLR out. I will probably upgrade at some point
nighthawk
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Posted: Thursday Nov 25, 2004 

i am running the line 6 hd 147 and i think that the wah sound is along the lines of rage. cool at times but not always. a bit to high end if you ask me. from what i hear you can set the min and max values but i never checked to see if i really can. line 6 has software that lets you edit your settings from your pc so you can get more detailed in your sounds. you can also save all your settings so that if something ever happens that you need to do a factory reset all you have to do is load them back into the unit you are using.

i never used the pod or the xt live but i can say that the pod is more for pc recording and the live is the same but ment more for live use. if you are planning on running through a regular guitar amp the the live version is what you would want. if you are planning on running through a poweramp setup then either will work well. the live has settings to help tune it to the setup you are going to run through. i believe both have usb, xlr and midi.

i could go on forever on what these things can do. i really suggest going to http://line6.com/ and read up on it yourself. go to the message boards and see what everyones complaints are and so forth.
 Back to top »
Sanctify

Post Posted: Friday Nov 26, 2004 

Nighthawk,

thanks for your response... I've been to the line6 website and I currently have my questions posted on the website forums... but I haven't gotten any replies yet... oh well....
 Back to top »
Punkinhead
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Post Posted: Friday Nov 26, 2004 

nighthawk wrote:
i am running the line 6 hd 147 and i think that the wah sound is along the lines of rage. cool at times but not always. a bit to high end if you ask me. from what i hear you can set the min and max values but i never checked to see if i really can. line 6 has software that lets you edit your settings from your pc so you can get more detailed in your sounds. you can also save all your settings so that if something ever happens that you need to do a factory reset all you have to do is load them back into the unit you are using.

i never used the pod or the xt live but i can say that the pod is more for pc recording and the live is the same but ment more for live use. if you are planning on running through a regular guitar amp the the live version is what you would want. if you are planning on running through a poweramp setup then either will work well. the live has settings to help tune it to the setup you are going to run through. i believe both have usb, xlr and midi.

i could go on forever on what these things can do. i really suggest going to http://line6.com/ and read up on it yourself. go to the message boards and see what everyones complaints are and so forth.

I was just curious, how does the HD147 compare to the 80's JCM800 or the new JSX or the Triple Rectifier...I'm debating on another amp, I am particularly curious about this one
nighthawk
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Posted: Saturday Nov 27, 2004 

well i couldnt compair it to very many amps acurately because it really isnt those amps. i can say that you can create pretty much any sound you could ever need. it is 100 watts sterieo. it can power up to 8 4x12 caps in sterieo. 4 each side. it is a modeling amp and modeling amps wont be able to match perfectly. is some cases not very close at all. i can say that if you are looking to be able to create a ton of different sounds with one unit and a floorboard controler then this is the amp. it has everything. delays reverbs chorus flanger wha volume etc. built into it that you can access easily as long as you use the floorboard controler or a midi controler. it does have midi xlr effects send and return mono or sterieo. the floorbord controler acually caled a shortboard runs via cat 5. it is powered by the amp so you only have one cable. to conect the shortboard.

as far a sound goes. i love this thing. sure it is solid state but i like to play with a lot of different sounds and to be able to do so without carying a ton of pedels everywhere i go is a big pluss.

the amp is tuned to sound best with a line 6 4x12 cab. if you run something different through it the sound will be a little off. i have heard of people using an eq through the effects loop to fix this small problem.

if there is anything else just ask.

jules has played through it onece and you could ask him what he thought of it. if he remembers.
 Back to top »
f.sciarrillo
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Post Posted: Saturday Nov 27, 2004 

I think rainbow music over in state college has a xtlive if you want to check it out. I would call them to make sure so you don't waste a trip over. They also have the vettaII head, the pod xt is built into it .. It looks like a nice head .. Although it cost about 1600.00 ..
lonewolf
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Post Posted: Wednesday Dec 15, 2004 

If you are looking for a preamp with effects, you might want to try a used Boss VF-1 and use a midi switcher/expression pedal. Its a 1/2 rack space red box that has the COSM modeling found in the VGA series amps and a subset of their newer GT6 and VG88. I originally got one to replace a TC Electronic G-Force in a Marshall JMP1 FX loop. The G-Force has the best reverb there is, but the other FX were noisy, especially the wah. As it turned out, I sold the G-Force and bought 2 more VF-1s. It has tons of sounds and FX like intelligent harmony, Slow Gear, voice formants and the wah works really well. The COSM is excellent, but like everything else, you have to do a lot of tweaking to get the right sound. It also has a cabinet emulator and S/PDIF output for recording. They discontinued production of all rack mount guitar preamps in favor of those floor units.

I took one of those red boxes and a Stewart PA200B amp and made a 5"x11"x14" fully programmable 200W head with just about any effect you can think of.
Matt_22
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Posted: Wednesday Dec 15, 2004 

I previously owned a line 6 pod pro. I got a pretty good sound out of it playing live but to do so I had to power it with of tube amp. Any solid state amp just made the heavy distortion real muddy but the tube put a nice sound to it. The wah on the floor board was awesome. One of the most perfect wahs that I ever played. However, I found that I was only ever modeling the rectifier amp so I sold the pod pro and just bought a mesa dual rect. half stack. I can't say enough good things about that amp and I have no desire to ever change my setup. I had a friend that owned a JCM 800 half stack and he is now trying to sell it to buy a mesa because of the reliability of the amp and the tightness of the sound. But the rackmount pod with a tube power amp can sound pretty good.
 Back to top »
ROCKPAGE Forum Index » Tech Sector
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: