· Show Schedule
· The Forums
· The Final Cut
Organizing a law change in Harrisburg about loud speakers
ROCKPAGE Forum Index » The Law
previous topic :: next topic  
kickinband

Post Posted: Monday Dec 05, 2005 

I own the Country Inn in South Fork, Pa. I am now being harrassed by the PLCE about noise violations. It is getting to the point now that I am getting citations for loud noise with just the jukebox on a very low volume. I must have a neighbor that knows the laws of the PLCB and is using it to try to close me down. The state law that says its a violation to hear anything outside the walls of a licensed establishment is totally not capable of happening. No matter how much you try to insulate a building, getting it to be completely sound proof is impossible. I explained this to the state liqour enforcement officers the other night and they told me sorry, thats the law. I am now organizing a meeting with Federal and local government officials along with all the local media stations in the area and all tavern owners, musicians, and listeners of music that want to voice there opionions about this old law that needs to be re written. We just need a fair law thats the same across the Commonwealth of Pa. To many times I've been in Philly, Pittsburgh, Dubois, and other establishments where I can here the sound of music for many city blocks. We need to fight together and not stop till we change this law. I'm sure we can come up with a law that is more concrete than a state policemans ear. If we had a decibel figure that we should not exceed, I could live with that. If I exceed it, they should have to prove it to me on the spot. That way its fair for everyone in the business, across the state. If you want on board with me to take this fight to Harrisburg, email me at steve@countryinnbar.com
Thank you
 Back to top »
lonewolf
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Post Posted: Monday Dec 05, 2005 

We have already done quite a bit of work along these lines, but nobody pressed it on to Harrisburg. Its also under "The Law". Feel free to use any of the materials there:

http://rockpage.net/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=3777&start=0
ROCKPAGE Forum Index » The Law
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: