· Home
· Band Pages
· Show Schedule
· The Forums
· The Final Cut
BACKYARD ROCKER 1/15/06 (V.I.H. BLUES BAND)
ROCKPAGE Forum Index » Homegrown Rocker
previous topic :: next topic  
Jim Price

Post Posted: Monday Jan 16, 2006 

Hello Everyone,

Here is the recap of the January 15 edition of Q94's weekly local music program, "The Backyard Rocker," which airs every Sunday night from 8 to 10 PM on WBRX 94.3 and WBXQ 94.7.

Thanks to Sterling and Kate Koch of the Victory In Heaven Blues Band (www.vihband.com) for being our guests via phone this week. We discussed V.I.H.’s brand new acoustic studio CD, V.I.H. IV…The Mission Continues, and played several songs from the CD. We also discussed the making of the CD, the current sound, direction and chemistry of V.I.H., plus Sterling Koch’s health, solo endeavors and more.

We also updated Local Music News, and reviewed the self-titled debut CD from Red Room in “The Professor’s CD Corner.” (The review can be viewed on Q94's website, www.wbxq.com, in the Message Board section under "Backyard Rocker.") And we debuted new tunes from The Monophonics, Sherri Mullen and Grinning Mob.

Here is this week’s playlist:

HOUR ONE:

RIK GOLDEN – “Brown Eye Mary”
FAYTED – “Senoritaville”
V.I.H. Blues Band – “Let’s Work Together”
THE MONOPHONICS – “Don’t Leave”
V.I.H. Blues Band – “Goin’ Over the Hill”
FAT VINNY & THE WISEGUYS – “I’m Outdoors”
V.I.H. Blues Band – “Kiss the Blues Goodbye”
PHYLLIS HEITJAN – “Captivate Me”
SHERRI MULLEN – “My Town”

HOUR TWO:

GRINNING MOB – “Slacker”
V.I.H. Blues Band – “I Am the Light of This World”
RED ROOM – “What I Need”
V.I.H. Blues Band – “Jesus On The Mainline”
BLIND JONNY DEATH – “Driver Blues”
V.I.H. Blues Band – “You Got to Move”
V.I.H. Blues Band – “Live Like God’s Gonna Use You”

Next Sunday night, our guest will be Johnstown-based singer, songwriter and guitarist Dave Distefano. Dave is currently working on his first solo album; we’ll hear some tracks from that soon-to-be-released album, plus hear Dave perform some songs live in the studio. Dave Distefano visits the “Backyard Rocker,” next Sunday night!

Forthcoming guests and specials include:

JAN. 29 – Well Of Souls
FEB. 5 – Super Bowl Widow’s Special (Ladies Night)
FEB. 12 – Spoonchatter
FEB. 19 – Justin Mackovyak
FEB. 26 – Michael Reich
MAR. 5 – Felix & the Hurricanes (8th Anniversary Special)
MAR. 12 – Acoustic Jam Special 5
MAR. 19 – Icarus Witch
MAR. 26 – Grade E
APR. 2 – Ledbetter Heights
APR. 9 – Wiskerbisket
APR. 16 – Ken Gray
APR. 23 – Silver Sunday
MAY 7 – Sherri Mullen
MAY 21 – White Witch

The “Backyard Rocker” is happy to announce its partnership with “The Underground TV,” the new local/regional music television show airing on WWCP-TV Fox 8 Saturday evenings at 6 PM. Check out “The Underground” as it features different unsigned local and regional bands every week; and watch for “Backyard Rocker” updates on the show each week as well!

For regular updates on what is happening on the area music scene, pay a visit to Rockpage (www.rockpage.net). Rockpage features band links, a message board, "Backyard Rocker" updates, the online 'zine publication "The Final Cut," and other local music scene information.

Bands and artists interested in having music aired on "The Backyard Rocker" are invited to send their broadcast-quality recordings to: WBXQ Radio, 4000 5th Avenue, Altoona, PA 16602; ATTN: Jim Price. Or drop the recordings off at the station during regular business hours, Monday-Friday 9 AM - 5 PM.

Q94’s “Backyard Rocker” has been introducing listeners to the region’s best musical talent for over seven years, and we plan to do it for many more. Help guarantee the program’s future, and consider becoming an advertising sponsor of the “Backyard Rocker.” If your business involves music, a “Backyard Rocker” sponsorship can get your message in front of listeners interested in music. To inquire about becoming a sponsor of the “Backyard Rocker,” call Diane Boslet during regular business hours at (814) 944-9320, or email diane@wbxq.com.

Jim Price

In Local Music News.

One of this area’s longest-running rock bands is calling it a day. Johnstown’s Inside Out played their official final show this past Saturday night in Johnstown, closing out 15 years on area stages. The group’s lone remaining original member, singer/guitarist Tim Frick, said that changes in his life have prompted him to discontinue Inside Out and relocate to Los Angeles. Tim expects Inside Out’s other two members, bassist Larry Philip and drummer Mark Gindlesperger, to form a new band project and continue on. Inside Out released two CD’s in the 90’s, their self-titled 1991 debut album, and Seasons in 1995. A third Inside Out album is expected to be finished and released posthumously through the group’s website (www.insideoutrocks.com) later this year.

Backstreet Law is bacK at work on some new recording projects in the New Year. The group is presently writing new material for an upcoming EP to be released sometime early this spring. The group also plans to release a full-length DVD in the late spring/early summer covering the recording process in the studio, live performances and behind the scenes footage, as well as multiple music videos produced for the new material. There are also plans for an acoustic live release.

The Harrisburg-based band Bridges And A Bottle has parted ways with bassist Dan Lucas. Replacing Dan is Aaron Hodgin, who previously played bass with the York-based band The Underwater.

http://pamusician.net
 Back to top »
ROCKPAGE Forum Index » Homegrown Rocker
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: