Against
37%
 37%  [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 29

byndrsn
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Posted: Thursday Oct 05, 2006 

Okay folks, this poll (and the other nine like it) are being done because of a political discussion that is being held in the General Discussion section of RockPage.

Let us know your stance!!!

Urbs
Hawk
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

This is a stupid question ! Who would say no ?

Ask what would YOU GIVE UP ?

And I'm asking YOU.

Not what should be taken away from welfare, that's a drop in the ocean of tax money.

For the sake of lowering everyone's taxes, I will give up....................
Triple Threat
 Back to top »
bassist_25

Explain tax cuts? Are these payrolls taxcuts, capital gains taxcuts? Is pork being cut out of the budget because of these tax cuts? This quetion's too broad.
Band_Widow

Post Posted: Friday Oct 06, 2006 

bassist_25 wrote:
Explain tax cuts? Are these payrolls taxcuts, capital gains taxcuts? Is pork being cut out of the budget because of these tax cuts? This quetion's too broad.

WHO CARES what kind of tax cuts! Tax cuts are a GOOD thing... that whole stimulating the economy.... I'd love to have more money to put towards my house, or into my savings account. As it is, I'm being punished for going to school to get an advanced degree so that I can get a job that makes comfortable money.... what's the point if the government is just going to take more of it to support the illegal aliens and welfare lifers?
Hawk
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Band_Widow wrote:
bassist_25 wrote:

WHO CARES what kind of tax cuts! Tax cuts are a GOOD thing... that whole stimulating the economy.... I'd love to have more money to put towards my house, or into my savings account. As it is, I'm being punished for going to school to get an advanced degree so that I can get a job that makes comfortable money.... what's the point if the government is just going to take more of it to support the illegal aliens and welfare lifers?

So you don't mind all the local hospitals closing because of cuts to medicade and medicare ?

You don't mind if mass transit makes cuts on buss runs, then some ps=eople can't get to work, and go on welfare ?

You don't mind that the Altoona Green Building was closed, forcing mentally retarded people to fend for themselves.

Quit thinknig of yourself !

How do tax cuts stimulate the economy ? Because you will spend the money ? What do you think the Fed does with the money ? THEY SPEND !

Money to the poor is spent..helping the economy. Roads are built. Every project, the money goes back into the economy.
Triple Threat
 Back to top »
byndrsn
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Hawk,

I just want to comment on the "Green Monster" in Altoona. Those people were not left to fend for themselves. They were moved to the Ebensburg Center (as were many of the workers). You made it sound like these mentally handicapped people were turned out on the streets.

And as for the hospitals and the medical field in general - I have to wonder how much deterioration has been caused by frivolous lawsuits. (that is just speculation - I do not have anything to back that up)
jangel
Gold Member
Gold Member

Quote:
You don't mind that the Altoona Green Building was closed, forcing mentally retarded people to fend for themselves.

they weren't left to fend for themselves....they were moved to the Ebensburg center and into group homes...that is a fact!
bassist_25

Band_Widow wrote:

WHO CARES what kind of tax cuts! Tax cuts are a GOOD thing

Umm, I care. What the hell's a tax cut if that's going to be cutbacks for the police department or if that means deterioting roads or less funding for state colleges? I'm a libertarian, but you can't privitize everything. You say the words, "Tax cuts," and people automatically tune out after that. And tax cut isn't always a good thing if you don't know where the government is going to reduce spending because of it. I've come to the conclusion that people would have voted for Hitler himself as long as he promised tax cuts.
Hawk
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

jangel wrote:
Quote:

they weren't left to fend for themselves....they were moved to the Ebensburg center and into group homes...that is a fact!

I will check into it. But that was a big building and I think 8 to 11 people were moved to Ebensburg. Others were "reintroduced" into society.

Since it is you quoting the facts. Tell me what percentage were moved to Ebensburg ? And what percentage of people kept a job ?
Triple Threat
 Back to top »
tonefight
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Post Posted: Monday Oct 09, 2006 

While we are on this one, everyone is jumping up and down about property tax cuts , do you realize that the rich bastards with the million dollar homes are going to benefit the most ? Oh didn't think of that huh ? I'll pay my proper taxes.
ToonaRockGuy
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Post Posted: Saturday Oct 20, 2007 

That's why you can never take campaign promises as truth, because in actuality, it's all BS. Just tell the masses what they want to hear. Remember, any candidate can promise to lower taxes, create more jobs, blah blah, but they have no real power to make it happen.

It's a great idea, Joe, but Ron Paul will never have that happen, even on the long shot that he gets elected. Remember, the President doesn't have the real power. The House and Senate do. That's where the power is, and due to the inherent nature of it's very creation, the government will never ever truly serve all of the people.

Damn, that last sentence actually made sense. Bassist_25's intellect must be rubbing off on me. Laughing
ROCKPAGE Forum Index » Viewer Polls
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: