· Home
· Band Pages
· Show Schedule
· The Forums
· The Final Cut
Maryland is now SMOKE Free - PA, what do you think ?
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
ROCKPAGE Forum Index » The Law
previous topic :: next topic  
ZappasXWife

Post Posted: Monday Jan 07, 2008 

Oh and I forgot to mention this...I never understood why we don't at least try this compromise before an all-out ban: have a REAL enforcement of WORKING smoke-eaters in bars. What about that?
Barfight
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Bag wrote:
And I probably went from 2 packs a day down to 1. That being said, business DECREASED drastically, especially on the weekends when there was "open" bowling. The younger crowd just doesn't come there anymore.

Sounds like Holiday Bowl in Mill Creek, I spent every Friday and Saturday there in High School, and during my Jr/Sr year in HS the waiting list got to be so long, we would reserve a 9:00 PM - 1:00 AM lane on Tuesdays.. but shortly after the place went smoke free... i never had to make a reservation ever again... coincidentally, the hours changed... so did the price...

I miss that...
 Back to top »
Barfight
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

As far as the ban goes... who cares? Seriously... look at it from this perspective...

If you're out and you smoke... respect those who don't, and respect the building in which you're in. It's not that hard to make one simple adjustment for the sake of everybody else.. and if you suffer that much from being exposed to cold air for just 5 or so minutes, then you'll probably quit anyways, which wouldn't hurt... so really... if you need to smoke...

George Carlin wrote:
please.... GO THE FUCK OUTSIDE!!!
 Back to top »
DrumAndDestroy
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

I think going out to the parking lot for a smoke break opens up the door to heroin use...especially around here.

Peer pressure.
 Back to top »
songsmith

Barfight wrote:

If you're out and you smoke... respect those who don't, and respect the building in which you're in. It's not that hard to make one simple adjustment for the sake of everybody else.

Yes, apparently, it IS too hard for smokers to make any sort of adjustment when it comes to non-smokers. Perhaps bassist25 could speak to the psychological component, but smokers seem to only care about one thing: the nicotine. It trumps social morays. It makes them value the cigarette over what other people want. It makes them rationalize any freaking thing, that smoking is something other than a gross habit that slowly and expensively kills it's host. Ask any nurse, and they'll give you a story or two about people smoking while strapped to an oxygen respirator (which is akin to smoking near dynamite), or a terminal lung-cancer patient whose death-bed wish is for a cigarette. As this sentence is being read, the smokers reading it are pissed at me right now for suggesting the reality, and are not-so-calmly coming up with yet another rationale for why THEY should continue smoking. Believe me, they'll come up with something... they have to, or the stupidity of slowly poisoning one's self at $4.00 a pack begins to glare in the light of truth.
I'll open the floor to anyone who can give at least one good reason to smoke. "...To keep from killing someone" is not acceptable, there are many good ways to reduce stress that don't involve ME inhaling something that was just inside YOUR lungs.
So, fill in the blank:
Smoking is good because____________________________________.
------------------------------->JMS
 Back to top »
Colton
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Post Posted: Tuesday Jan 08, 2008 

songsmith wrote:

because here is chewbacca

Why am i talking about chewbacca in a matter as serious as this? I dont know! It doesnt make sense! Chewbacca doesnt make sense! Since this doesnt make sense, you must aquitt.
ToonaRockGuy
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Post Posted: Thursday Jan 10, 2008 

Colton wrote:
songsmith wrote:

because here is chewbacca

Why am i talking about chewbacca in a matter as serious as this? I dont know! It doesnt make sense! Chewbacca doesnt make sense! Since this doesnt make sense, you must aquitt.

Songsmith just got PWN3D!!!!!!!
DrumAndDestroy
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Post Posted: Thursday Jan 17, 2008 

sigh
 Back to top »
Colton
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Post Posted: Saturday Jan 19, 2008 

Jimi Hatt wrote:
The big question is how this will affect the use of smoke machines in our light shows. How are our LA-SERS supposed to look good otherwise?

I'm curious as well... is this smoke stuff harmfull? I'm sure its not as bad as secondhand from cigarettes, but...
ROCKPAGE Forum Index » The Law
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: