· The Final Cut
'87 Kramer Pacer Deluxe
ROCKPAGE Forum Index » Tech Sector
previous topic :: next topic  
metalchurch
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Post Posted: Wednesday Jul 25, 2012 

Just got it today after work, and I really havent had a chance to play it yet. I removed the pickguard, to get ready to gut it for 1hum/1vol, but upon further insepection, i noticed that it has the original wiring with a Seymour JB wound by "JBJ", which are pretty good pups. So, I'm opting to leave this alone until I get another pickguard made for it. I'll just box the pickguard up as a loaded unit and tuck it away.
This thing has more pickups and knobs and switches than almost all of my other guitar combined it seems like. Laughing
I can tell ya right now, that damn volume knob is right in my way and it's gotta go asap. Maybe i'll crank the bridge pickup's tone knob up to 10 and wrap it with tape and tuck it inside and relocate the subsequent knobs down to the next location, just to free up a little more room for me.
I knew there was another reason for hating Strat style guitars...Rrrrr

The body only has a few small scrapes/scratches. The headstock is nice and the fret have almost no fret wear. It lived in a case all it's life and was very well taken care of. It really is almost brand new, which is almost unbelievable considering it's 25yrs old. I even got the original Kramer HSC.

Original Schaller tuners

Floyd Rose trem block

Last edited by metalchurch on Friday Aug 24, 2012; edited 2 times in total
 Back to top »
metalchurch
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Like the lamp Paul?

Last edited by metalchurch on Wednesday Jul 25, 2012; edited 2 times in total
 Back to top »
metalchurch
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Sorry for the huge pics that I've been posting, these are taken with my cell phone and I always forget to edit the pixel size, so they are always 1080x640 or some for shit.
I'll do my best to remember that for next time.
 Back to top »
metalchurch
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Post Posted: Tuesday Jul 31, 2012 

The Seymour JB isn't wound by JBJ, it was wound by Maricela Juarez. I don't know why I put JBJ? Who knows...either way it's one of the good ones, just wanted to clear that up.
I'm actually surprised that Kenny or Terry didn't catch that already. Maybe they don't like Kramers anymore?

I'm on the lookout for a Kramer Nightswan at the moment. I found a white one, but I'm holding off for a Lightning Graphic. There was less than 100 lefty's made from what I gather.
There's a right handed Nightswan on ebay that was built using an N.O.S. Body, and neck and it was fetching $1,250 last I checked, so that's really gonna fuckin suck when I have to pay up, cause leftys are always harder to find and they always cost more.
 Back to top »
ROCKPAGE Forum Index » Tech Sector
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: