· Show Schedule
· The Forums
· The Final Cut
Hello Everyone...
ROCKPAGE Forum Index » General Discussion
previous topic :: next topic  
Tiptup300

Post Posted: Tuesday Mar 05, 2019 

Hello, there doesn't appear to be any forum specifically setup as a welcome, or introducing yourself, so I'm going to throw here in general Discussion.

I hope that's alright.

Hello my name is Matthew Deweese, I run a facebook page and community project called Altoona's Music Scene. We sort of try to do projects that benefit the local music scene and sort of try to help original artists continue to be able to get their music out to the local scene.

One of my own personal efforts is trying to locate more local businesses which have the necessary resources to host original shows without much or no cost to the musicians. As a way to support more original music.

To me it seems as though Rockpage is mostly utilized by the Cover band or Party band sort of band. Usually more professional, more money invested, and much more profit made back as well.

Recently I started on a project to catalog local artists, local venues, and local musicians. Both new and old. It's still very much work in progress, and I have a great deal of work left to do and A VERY large amount of decisions to be made about certain aspects, but we're getting there and we have a nice start so far.

I'm curious if anyone here would be interested in contributing to a project like that.

Thanks.
 Back to top »
ROCKPAGE Forum Index » General Discussion
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: