· Home
· Band Pages
· Show Schedule
· The Forums
· The Final Cut
HOMEGROWN ROCKER 6/9/19 (LUKE CIMBALA/BAND JUNKIES)
ROCKPAGE Forum Index » Homegrown Rocker
previous topic :: next topic  
Jim Price

Post Posted: Tuesday Jul 09, 2019 

Hello Everyone,

Here is the recap of the June 9 edition of 105.9 Qwik-Rock's weekly local music program, "The Homegrown Rocker," which airs every Sunday night from 8 to 10 PM on Lion Country's Rock Station, 105.9 Qwik-Rock. The show can also be streamed via Qwik's website, www.1059qwikrock.com.

Thanks to our guest this week, Luke Cimbala! Luke fronts his own band project, the Band Junkies, and expanded the scope of that project into a full-service website (https://www.thebandjunkies.com/) that serves and helps out the State College area music community! Luke discussed The Band Junkies and all it entails, and featured songs from some of the area bands he works with through The Band Junkies. We debuted new songs from The Unbanned, Afro N'at, DopplerPoppins, Bill Ryan, Donny Burns & the 3rd Degree, Aaron Bear and The Band Junkies. Along the way, we updated "Local Music News," dug a 2001 song by State College rockers E.S. Whitefisch from the archive for a "Local Music Flashback," and reviewed Kristi Jean and Her Ne'er Do Wells' Country-Billy Collision CD in "The Professor's CD Corner!"

Here is this week's playlist:

HOUR ONE:

THE ROOF - "Kindled"
TED McCLOSKEY & MOLLY COUNTERMINE - "Spitting Image"
THE UNBANNED - "Kiss Me First"
AFRO N'AT - "Remedo"
DOPPLERPOPPINS - "Feel Free to Get Funky"
MISS MELANIE & THE VALLEY RATS - "Something's Got a Hold on Me"
BILL RYAN - "Flowers of the Fall"
GRANATI BROTHERS - "You Can't Get Me Down"

HOUR TWO:

CHRIS RATTIE - "My Mountain"
LOWJACK - "When You Were Mine"
DONNY BURNS & THE 3RD DEGREE - "Think You Know"
KRISTI JEAN AND HER NE'ER DO WELLS - "I Love You Honey"
AARON BEAR - "Love Wrote This Song"
E.S. WHITEFISCH - "I Know" (2001, Local Music Flashback)
THE BAND JUNKIES - "Shook_Spark"
ONE ADAM 12 - "Devil's Lullaby"

Our next program will happen on Father's Day, June 16, thus we present our annual Father's Day Special! We will celebrate dads of the area music scene, but also moms, sons and daughters! We will spotlight area music scene family traditions, and even play a few tunes with two or more generations of musical family members involved! Along the way, we will feature several tunes from past area bands (as we feature parents' past bands alongside their children's projects) for "Local Music Flashbacks," and review Pop Thief's When You Quit, Don't Forget to Leave CD in "The Professor's CD Corner!" Listen to the "Homegrown Rocker" Father's Day Special, Sunday night (June 16) at 8 p.m. on 105.9 Qwik-Rock on your FM radio dial, or stream it live online at www.1059qwikrock.com!

JUNE 23 - IRON WOLF (postponed to July 7)
JUNE 30 - PRIVATE I
JULY 14 - BRADY NOVOTNY
JULY 21 - COVER SONG SPECIAL

(All dates are subject to changes as circumstances warrant.)

Bands and artists wanting to submit news items for "Local Music News" may email their news to homegrownrocker@gmail.com. Indicate "MUSIC NEWS" in the subject heading!

Bands and artists interested in having music aired on the show are invited to send their broadcast-quality recordings to: Magnum Broadcasting, 315 South Atherton Street, State College, PA 16801; ATTN: Jim Price/Homegrown. Or drop the recordings off at the station during regular business hours, Monday-Friday 9 AM to 5 PM. You can also email digital song files or inquiries about the show to homegrownrocker@gmail.com.

Jim Price

In Local Music News...

Former members of heavy-hitting 1980s-era Altoona rock band Anaconda have made it official, the remaining band members will be stepping on stage on August 17 to perform Anaconda songs during Pensive Fear’s set. This set will headline at the Reunite the Metal, Anaconda Reunion Show, which takes place at the Hollidaysburg Sportsmen’s Association near Hollidaysburg.

Nag Champions Mystery Band has announced that they will be releasing their third album in the coming week. The new album is called Peel & Reveal, and it will be officially unveiled this Friday, June 14.

Two former members of Lies, Inc. and The Grimm are embarking on a new recording project. Kent Tonkin has announced that he and Lies, Inc. and Grimm accomplice Ron Brode have joined with guitarist Bob McGarvey to bring some new song creations of Kent’s to life. The new project is called Scorched Earth Syndrome, and the group’s first recording, tentatively entitled The Greater Good, is being recorded at Golden Studios near Summerhill.

And after a more than 10-year run on area stages and two full-length CD’s, Nanty-Glo-based hard rock and punk rockers One Adam 12 are going their separate ways. The split is an amicable one, and the group’s final performance took place last night at McGarvey’s in Altoona.

http://pamusician.net
 Back to top »
ROCKPAGE Forum Index » Homegrown Rocker
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: