· The Forums
· The Final Cut
HOMEGROWN ROCKER 6/30/19 (PRIVATE I)
ROCKPAGE Forum Index » Homegrown Rocker
previous topic :: next topic  
Jim Price

Post Posted: Tuesday Jul 09, 2019 

Hello Everyone,

Here is the recap of the June 30 edition of 105.9 Qwik-Rock's weekly local music program, "The Homegrown Rocker," which airs every Sunday night from 8 to 10 PM on Lion Country's Rock Station, 105.9 Qwik-Rock. The show can also be streamed via Qwik's website, www.1059qwikrock.com.

Thanks to our guest band this week, Somerset County rockers Private I! During an interview recorded in The Dungeon at Ebensburg's Castle Pub (thanks Josh Hagens for the use of your facility!), we met the band members and learned their story, and discussed and heard tracks from the group's first full-length CD, Better Late Than Ever! Along the way, we debuted new songs from The Roof, The Clarks, Bill Young, Afro N'at and The Dark Country. We also updated "Local Music News" and dug a 2001 song by York rockers Burning Blue from the archive for a "Local Music Flashback!"

Here is this week's playlist:

HOUR ONE:

BIGFOOT'S UGLY MANSION - "Versus"
POST TRAUMATIK - "Misery"
PRIVATE I - "Deedles"
THE CLARKS - "Sign of the Times"
PRIVATE I - "Songs for You"
THE ROOF - "Fall in Line"
PRIVATE I - "Make It One"
BILL YOUNG - "Harmless"

HOUR TWO:

THE SNIPPED - "I'm Alright"
DAVE HATES EVERYTHING - "Nature Boy"
PRIVATE I - "Totality"
AFRO N'AT - "Fuzzy Pharaoh"
PRIVATE I - "Yes More Mr. Mean Guy"
BURNING BLUE - "My Hypocrisy" (2001, Local Music Flashback)
PRIVATE I - "MTJ"
THE DARK COUNTRY - "Crazies"

Our next program will be a "rebroadcast." Due to the station being off the air on June 23 while its studios and offices were being relocated to a new space in Port Matilda, the originally-scheduled program featuring western PA metal rockers Iron Wolf will instead air for our next program. We'll meet the members of Iron Wolf and learn their story, and discuss and feature songs from their debut CD, Strong Never Broken! Along the way, we will update "Local Music News," dig into the archive for a "Local Music Flashback," and review Fyre's 2 Keys CD in "The Professor's CD Corner!" Listen to the "Homegrown Rocker," Sunday night (July 7) at 8 p.m. on 105.9 Qwik-Rock on your FM radio dial, or stream it live online at www.1059qwikrock.com!

JULY 14 - BRADY NOVOTNY
JULY 21 - COVER SONG SPECIAL
AUGUST 4 - AUGUST WAKE
AUGUST 25 - DEREK WOODS BAND

(All dates are subject to changes as circumstances warrant.)

Bands and artists wanting to submit news items for "Local Music News" may email their news to homegrownrocker@gmail.com. Indicate "MUSIC NEWS" in the subject heading!

Bands and artists interested in having music aired on the show are invited to send their broadcast-quality recordings to: Magnum Broadcasting, 315 South Atherton Street, State College, PA 16801; ATTN: Jim Price/Homegrown. Or drop the recordings off at the station during regular business hours, Monday-Friday 9 AM to 5 PM. You can also email digital song files or inquiries about the show to homegrownrocker@gmail.com.

Jim Price

In Local Music News...

A rising area music venue and eatery is closing its doors…The Hungry Duck Eatery in Roaring Spring has announced its pending closure. The eatery’s final day of business will be Friday, July 12. The Hungry Duck had hosted a variety of acoustic and some rock’n’roll performers during its year in business. Devoting more time to family was cited as a reason for the closure.

Lewistown-based country group Hawestone has announced a new addition, as singer Katie Becker becomes the group’s fifth member. The group is working on new song material with Katie, who will make her official onstage debut with Hawestone during next month’s People’s Choice Festival of Pennsylvania Arts & Crafts next month.

Updating our recent story about singer and songwriter Conner Gilbert’s new recording, the new full-length album will be titled “Life in the Years,” and will soon be released on digital platforms. Presale orders are currently being accepted for the album, which is Conner’s first album in ten years.

http://pamusician.net
 Back to top »
ROCKPAGE Forum Index » Homegrown Rocker
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: