· Home
· Band Pages
· Show Schedule
· The Forums
· The Final Cut
HOMEGROWN ROCKER 3/1/20 (CALLIE TOMBLIN)
ROCKPAGE Forum Index » Homegrown Rocker
previous topic :: next topic  
Jim Price

Post Posted: Sunday Mar 08, 2020 

Hello Everyone,

Here is the recap of the March 1 edition of 105.9 Qwik-Rock's weekly local music program, "The Homegrown Rocker," which airs every Sunday night from 8 to 10 PM on Lion Country's Rock Station, 105.9 Qwik-Rock. The show can also be streamed via Qwik's website, www.1059qwikrock.com.

We welcomed another guest this week, as York-based singer and songwriter Callie Tomblin joined us via phone to share her musical world with us! We learned Callie's story and heard her thoughts on her music, and we checked out songs from her recently-issued second CD, Who I Am! Along the way, we updated "Local Music News," dug a 2003 number from Altoona's Sound Driven from the archive for a "Local Music Flashback," and reviewed Alyssa Hankey's American Spirit CD in "The Professor's CD Corner!"

Here is this week's playlist:

HOUR ONE:

CONNER GILBERT - "Bridges"
AUGUST WAKE - "Come Alive"
CALLIE TOMBLIN - "I Don't Know You"
NATE GATES - "It Don't Matter Anymore"
CALLIE TOMBLIN - "Leave Me As I Was"
ZACH WADE & THE GOOD GRIEF - "Halfway Man"
CALLIE TOMBLIN - "After You"
THE NE'ER DO WELLS - "Back to Me"

HOUR TWO:

PURE CANE SUGAR - "My Favorite Song"
TED McCLOSKEY & MOLLY COUNTERMINE - "Spitting Image"
CALLIE TOMBLIN - "Give It Time"
ALYSSA HANKEY - "Soldiers & Gypsies"
CALLIE TOMBLIN - "Give It Time"
SOUND DRIVEN - "Antelopium" (2003, Local Music Flashback)
CALLIE TOMBLIN - "Who I Am"
THE CREW OF THE HALF MOON - "U-235"
CHRIS RATTIE & THE NEW REBELS - "Cabin Fever"
JOHN VENTO - "Follow Your Heart"

The 24th annual Millennium Music Conference took place on February 27-29 in Harrisburg...The "Homegrown Rocker" was in attendance, and we will recap the event during our next program! We'll hear thoughts from some of the folks involved in this year's conference, plus hear songs from many of the bands and performers who attended and showcased during Millennium weekend! We'll also update "Local Music News" and dig a "Local Music Flashback" from the archive! Listen to the "Homegrown Rocker," this Sunday night (March Cool at 8 p.m. on 105.9 Qwik-Rock on your FM radio dial, or stream it live online at www.1059qwikrock.com!

Upcoming guests and specials:

MAR. 15 - ST. PADDY'S DAY SPECIAL
MAR. 22 - BRADEN McDANNELL
MAR. 29 - MMC DROPBOX CONTEST WINNER (TBA)
APR. 12 - ROADKILL
APRIL 19 - MATTHEW DEWEESE (ALTOONA MUSIC SCENE)

(All dates are subject to changes as circumstances warrant.)

Bands and artists wanting to submit news items for "Local Music News" may email their news to homegrownrocker@gmail.com. Indicate "MUSIC NEWS" in the subject heading!

Bands and artists interested in having music aired on the show are invited to send their broadcast-quality recordings to: Magnum Broadcasting, 100 High Street, Port Matilda, PA 16870; ATTN: Jim Price/Homegrown. Or drop the recordings off at the station during regular business hours, Monday-Friday 9 AM to 5 PM. You can also email digital song files or inquiries about the show to homegrownrocker@gmail.com.

Jim Price

In Local Music News...

One of the most popular bands in the history of the Altoona rock music scene has announced its final farewell performance. The Front will perform one last farewell show on Saturday night, April 25 at Altoona’s Four Dees Lounge. The popular Front roster of singer Bobby Gates, guitarist John McKelvey, keyboardist Harold Hayford, bassist Randy Rutherford and drummer Clint Carothers will reunite one final time to play their original song favorites and classic covers. Acoustic duo Lauren & Joe will open the show, which starts at 10 p.m. Surfacing in the early 1980s, The Front enjoyed a dominant run on area stages that included television appearances, radio airplay across several states, and opening a 1983 concert for national recording group Kix. Citing their ages and diverging life paths, the band members have announced that this will be their final performance together. Tickets are $10 per person, and can be purchased in advance or at the door at the Four Dees Lounge.

A festival event featuring a number of prominent area bands and performers has been announced for late May. The Spring Fever 2020 festival will take place on May 29 through 31 on the grounds of Eagle Valley Paintball near Tyrone. The event will feature performances from Habatat, Jojo Stella, Mysterytrain, Zach Wade & the Good Grief, The Crew of the Half Moon, The Perkolators, The High Street Drifters, Wilted, Acid Rain, John Peacefire and more. Tickets for the event went on sale this past Friday. Single day passes for the festival are $30, while weekend camping passes are $45. Tickets can be purchased through Eventbrite.

http://pamusician.net
 Back to top »
ROCKPAGE Forum Index » Homegrown Rocker
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: