· Home
· Band Pages
· Show Schedule
· The Forums
· The Final Cut
JOHNSTOWN'S SHOOTERS NIGHTCLUB NEEDS SOUND OVERHAUL!
Go to page Previous  1, 2
ROCKPAGE Forum Index » Tech Sector
previous topic :: next topic  
Ron
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Posted: Friday Aug 22, 2003 

Sorry Tony... I can't and wouldn't even if I could.
facingwest
Retroactive Member
Retroactive Member

Post Posted: Sunday Sep 28, 2003 

From what I understand, Shooters has a new sound system, so you might want to check it out and see if there's any difference with this setup in that room. Very Happy
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
Jim Price

Post Posted: Sunday Sep 28, 2003 

I was at Shooters last Saturday (after the IMAC Foundation benefit) to check out Simon Sez, and the sound wasn't bad, at least to my ears. The soundman, Jesse, knew what he was doing. The owner told me they were getting a bigger and improved system soon, so things may be looking up for them getting a handle on the sound. With a new room like Shooters, it takes some time to fully understand the acoustics and dynamics of the room. I think the upcoming Skid Row show will be a good test.
 Back to top »
thedoctor

Post Posted: Monday Sep 29, 2003 

I have not been to Shooter's in awhile but responding to Jim's reply...From what I understand the guy you witness there for Simon Sez is a diffrent soundman than was originally there. I heard a couple weeks ago the original soundman got into a fight with the owner, quit and pulled all his equipment out. Jim this Jesse you mentioned would not happen to be the Jesse from Somerset who ran such bands as Sweet Loraine, Basket Case, Fuse and Inside Out. If this is who I think your talking about he is a very underrated soundman. I personally think he is the best in the area! He is very knowledgable and runs MT4's as cabinets. Everytime I have heard him run he did an excellent job! Let me know...Not picking on the guy, he is a very friendly,likable person, but he kind of reminds you of Ned Flanders from the Simpsons.
 Back to top »
facingwest
Retroactive Member
Retroactive Member

I haven't met him yet, but we'll be looking forward to working with him in October whenever we open for Skid Row. If you want, I can ask him if he's the same person whenever we see him that night.
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
thedoctor

I am pretty sure that is who it is, you can let me know though. I have known him for a long time and you won't be disappointed. Not only is he a great person but has top of the line gear and has a great ear for running sound. I have never heard a bad mix from him. The reason I'm pretty sure it is him because he was one of the initial soundman that gave Dave the owner a quote when they first opened. Plus I don't know of any other Jesse's in this area that runs sound.
 Back to top »
facingwest
Retroactive Member
Retroactive Member

Since you know him, do you think he'd have a problem with us bringing our steady soundman to mix us? Or should I ask "Do you know how we could contact him and ask him?" I'm not knocking his credibility at all. I'd just rather walk into a place with someone already familiar with how we sound, than to have someone new try and figure out all the cues and such. I honestly consider a soundman to be a member of the band because they can either make or break a band.
 Back to top »
thedoctor

That should not be a problem at all. He is very easy to work with. I don't want to list on the forum get me a ph# or email address I can get it to you. Congrats and good luck on the opener. In my years of playing I have opened for a quite of few national acts, don't get irritated by some of the attitudes you may recieve even from the road crew. Some bands were the nicest group of guys I have met and some were ones that I would hope to never meet again. You'll find the road crew for some of these national acts are worse than the band themselves. Talk to you soon...
 Back to top »
Jim Price

Yes, the soundman is the same Jesse who ran for Sweet Lorraine and Basket Kase. Jesse Mulholland, I think...
 Back to top »
robsottile

Post Posted: Wednesday Oct 01, 2003 

I played there on the 14th. It is Jesse Mulhollen and everything "The Doctor" mentioned about him is on the money. I wasn't out front, but I got the impression that he did a good job. I read the posts on the forum here and was a bit concerned. Everyone that I asked that night said it sounded great. He seems like a good guy and was great to work with. I hope he sticks around at Shooter's. I have his number and "Facing West", give me a call, if you want to talk w/ him.
 Back to top »
kevin

Post Posted: Saturday Nov 08, 2003 

Hi everyone, this is Kevin from Simon Sez. Jessie is a great soundman, and doesn't have a problem with bringing your own guy. Excellent system, and the monitors could blow your head off, and lol, not to bust on him, but he does kinda look like Ned Flanders!
 Back to top »
tornandfrayed
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Post Posted: Saturday Dec 27, 2003 

I agree with the cross over frquency being too high. Seems like loud is the word. Even in the metal arena you need good sound not always loud. Loud is fun but. I have not been to shooters but will make the trip. The omnidirectional thing is for sure and the power gives a strength to to music that lower power systems do not pocess. Also Kudos to Ron for prompt, rational reaction to the children! I really wanted to see you kick his ass though! Maybe as an opener at Aldo's?
 Back to top »
Ron
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Posted: Monday Dec 29, 2003 

Since this old thread keeps rearing it's ugly head, I'm locking it and letting it die the slow death it deserves Wink
ROCKPAGE Forum Index » Tech Sector
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Go to page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: