· The Forums
· The Final Cut
BACKYARD ROCKER 12/28/03
ROCKPAGE Forum Index » Homegrown Rocker
previous topic :: next topic  
Jim Price

Post Posted: Monday Dec 29, 2003 

Hello Everyone,

Here is the recap of the December 28 edition of Q94's weekly local music program, "The Backyard Rocker," which airs every Sunday night from 8 to 10 PM on WBRX 94.3 and WBXQ 94.7.

This week's program was the “Backyard Rocker” 2003 Year In Review Special, an expanded 2½-hour journey through the past year on the area music scene. Starting with January and proceeding through December, we looked at each month and recapped the bands and artists, music and happenings that shaped 2003. We tallied up the bands that came and went; updated the scorecards on band personnel and name changes, local and regional CD releases; and featured songs from the bands who made their mark on the local and regional music scene over the past year. We also remembered some of the year’s best local shows; such as 814 Records’ “814 Riot” at Peter C’s in March, The Front’s reunion gala at Altoona’s Bavarian Hall in April, the numerous outdoor shows this past summer, the PA Musician/City Limits Toys for Tots benefit in November and more. And we looked at other things that happened in 2003, such as Darcie Miner appearing on Arsenio Hall’s “Star Search,” Emily’s Toybox coming under gunfire outside a Wilkes-Barre nightclub and more. We remembered the musicians and music scene friends we lost during 2003. We also recalled all the musician and band guests who appeared on the “Backyard Rocker” over 2003. We closed the book on 2003 and set the stage for 2004. And we debuted two new songs during the special, from SingNature and Negative Space.

This week's playlist:

HOUR ONE:

MARK ALLEN PROJECT – “Happy New Year (Toss Me a Beer)”
ADRIAN BLITZER – “Inside the Mist”
BROK*N – “Oracle”
SAUCEMONSTER – “Lost Control”
SKELL – “No Solution”
THE GRIMM – “Raise the Line”
THE FRONT – “Battleground for the Brave” (1983, Local Music Flashback)
SINGNATURE – “Time”
THE MARAUDERS – “Roadkill”
AXUM – “The Point”

HOUR TWO:

SHERRI MULLEN – “Home of the Free”
MICHAEL REICH – “Wireless”
NEVERMOURE – “She Rocks Me”
HALESTORM – “It’s Not You”
BACKSTREET LAW – “Shake”
JOHN CHARNEY & WHITE MOJO – “I’ve Got My Mojo Workin’”
POKER FACE – “Prayer for America”
FELIX & THE HURRICANES – “Walking a Straight Line”

OVERTIME:

V.I.H. – “Can’t Judge the Book by the Cover” (live)
POPTART MONKEYS – “7:30”
BALISTIC – “One of Seven”
NO DICE – “35 Minutes”
SOUND DRIVEN – “Antelopium”
NEGATIVE SPACE – “I’ll Be Home”

This coming Sunday, Jan. 4, we kick off 2004 with our first guests of the New Year, V.I.H. We’ll find out the latest happenings with the Victory In Heaven Blues Band, and hear songs from the group’s live album, “V.I.H. III: Live On A Mission from God.” Listeners will have chances to call in and win copies of the CD as well! V.I.H. opens the book on 2004 on the “Backyard Rocker,” this Sunday night!

Other forthcoming guests and specials include:

JAN. 4 – V.I.H.
JAN. 11 – The Flame Sky (tentative)
JAN. 18 – Rock'N'Rye
JAN. 25 – Super Bowl Widows' Special (hosted by Q94 2004 Calendar Girls)
FEB. 1 – Destroy Elroy
FEB. 8 – Suicide Switch
FEB. 15 – Wake Up Screaming
FEB. 22 – Right Side Thief
MAR. 7 - 6th Anniv. Special w/Felix & the Hurricanes
MAR. 28 – Evensong
JULY 11 - Bleech

For regular updates on what is happening on the area music scene, pay a visit to Rockpage (www.rockpage.org). Rockpage features band links, a message board, "Backyard Rocker" updates, the online 'zine publication "The Final Cut," and other local music scene information.

Bands and artists interested in having music aired on "The Backyard Rocker" are invited to send their broadcast-quality recordings to: WBXQ Radio, 4000 5th Avenue, Altoona, PA 16602; ATTN: Jim Price. Or drop the recordings off at the station during regular business hours, Monday-Friday 9 AM - 5 PM.

Jim Price

http://pamusician.net
 Back to top »
ROCKPAGE Forum Index » Homegrown Rocker
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: