Proposed Amendment to PA Code Title 40 S5.32(a) Noise Rule
Go to page Previous  1, 2
ROCKPAGE Forum Index » The Law
previous topic :: next topic  
plumcrazy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Posted: Monday Sep 06, 2004 

On 8/24 I asked where we are supposed to be sending signature sheets to and I've gotten no answer. Is this just going to be another one of those things that everyone sits on their asses and does nothing about while all our friends are getting shut down and fined for doing what is in their hearts? Why can't anyone decide to get this ball really rolling??? I've had more than enough of the fines, PLCB and the musicians on here bitching about the whole situation.........DAMN IT DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!!!!! Everyone has their own ideas of what to do and everyone bitchs about it but NO ONE seems to want to really do anything??? Are you scared of the law or standing up for yourself and your fellow musicians??? You all do realize that if this continues, no one will be playing anywhere to anyone. Is this what everyone wants??? I know I don't. I have gotten as many signatures on the petition as I possibly can but have no information as to what to do with them now or even any idea if it's going to matter. I can't believe that more hasn't been done to at least try to get a solution for this problem. IT IS TIME TO GET OFF YOUR ASSES AND STOP YOUR DAMN BITCHING AND WHINING AND DO SOMETHING OR EVERYONE MIGHT AS WELL JUST SELL THE INSTRUMENTS NOW AND FORGET ABOUT EVER PLAYING ANYWHERE IN ALTOONA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Since I've not gotten any response from the last post I put on here, this one will not only be posted here but in the General Discussion as well

Cathy
 Back to top »
FatVin
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Posted: Monday Sep 06, 2004 

It's a fair question and a legit gripe that nobody quite knows what to do with the signatures, so since somebody has to step up. . fine

Send them to me

Petition signatures
C/O E. Vincent Kelly
P.O. Box 692
Duncansville PA

Once I have them and can count them, I'll talk to JP & Lone wolf and few others of you and we'll decide how to submit them.
lonewolf
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Post Posted: Saturday Jan 14, 2006 

For those who are new to the noise rule campaign, here is a bump!
Keifer

Post Posted: Wednesday Jul 05, 2006 

Ok. I have to admit, I've been drinking a little. However, I have been glazing over the posts concerning he PA law. The only thing I know is that I have been to a few places that are obviously making bands turn down the mic's down due to fear of the PA laws and it is hurting the local music scene. It's hard enough to catch a good rock show anymore, but now you have to contend with the state beauraucrats over-regulating the local talent trying to make a buck. As if it isn't hard enough to make a good living and have a good time around here anyway. It makes me sick to barely here my favorite local band play good live music. Sometimes it is the only escape we get in this pathetic existence.
 Back to top »
grimmbass
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Posted: Wednesday Aug 02, 2006 

I'm no lawyer either, but the legalese sounds really good to me....I think the inclusion of adjoining property is a great point as well; why should bars be punished if the noise is not leaving their property?

Where did you get the 62 Db threshhold, btw? I'm sorry that I'm out of the loop, but I haven't heard about a PACAG meeting in a while....are we still having meetings?

Thanks,

Kent
www.myspace.com/thegrimmband
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
lonewolf
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Post Posted: Thursday Aug 03, 2006 

grimmbass wrote:
Where did you get the 62 Db threshhold, btw? I'm sorry that I'm out of the loop, but I haven't heard about a PACAG meeting in a while....are we still having meetings?

Thanks,

Kent

Good to hear from you Kent...we haven't had that many meetings since the benefit show. As you know, I will be out of commission for awhile anyway.

The 62db came from the State College noise ordinance business district limits. This is the highest level I found (so far) in the state of PA. If anybody can find a higher limit, let me know. As I pointed out before, 62db at the edge of a property 52.5' (about 16m) away from the building's noise source translates into roughly 86db at 1 meter from the building.

This is the legal precedent that any lawmaker is going to expect to see.

The physics regarding noise has already been hashed and rehashed and the legal mentalities have already settled in on specific decibel levels based on the findings of the ivory tower. Any argument with these accepted numbers is a guaranteed lesson in futility, especially if the "expert" has anything less than a Ph.D. degree.
ROCKPAGE Forum Index » The Law
Go to page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: