Against
68%
 68%  [ 20 ]
Total Votes : 29

byndrsn
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Posted: Thursday Oct 05, 2006 

Okay folks, this poll (and the other nine like it) are being done because of a political discussion that is being held in the General Discussion section of RockPage.

Let us know your stance!!!

Urbs
Band_Widow

Post Posted: Friday Oct 06, 2006 

Babies can survive outside the womb at 24 weeks and older, and there are documented cases of 20 and 21 weeks. So how come one doctor will fight his damndest to save the life of one 29 week old baby but the other one will deliver the whole baby and ram a set of scissors into its skull to puncture the brain and then deliver it dead? How did that save the mother's life?

I say if a woman wants that to happen, deliver the baby, hand her the scissors, and make her do it herself.
songsmith

Post Posted: Monday Oct 09, 2006 

I'd like to hear hard evidence (meaning not Christian-funded claptrap) on how often this really happens. Has anyone here ever personally known first-hand someone who has had a late-term abortion? I believe it's yet another horror-story meant to inflame the hard right.
Oh, sure, I've had my vacation ruined by self-important f*ckface a**holes who think they have God on speed-dial, holding up giant signs with pictures of abortions in full color so that little kids cry on the f*cking Ocean City boardwalk. But those aren't late-term. Never.
Do I think abortion is a viable birth control? No, of course not. Do I have a uterus? (wait, let me check) No. So I guess that kinda leaves most of that decision outside my realm of influence doesn't it?
Funny how Neocons don't believe in abortion, and don't believe in welfare. If you don't have one you get the other. Irresponsible people who do things impulsively will always be there.
I read a well-thought paper about a year or so ago that postulated that the crime rate has decreased, starting around the same time that babies who were first legally aborted would have reached adulthood. Unwanted babies are exponentially more likely to commit crimes as adults. Kinda made sense. So which do you want: control of other people's morality, or a safe neighborhood?------>JMS
 Back to top »
Band_Widow

Post Posted: Tuesday Oct 10, 2006 

Funny how Neocons don't believe in abortion, and don't believe in welfare. If you don't have one you get the other. Irresponsible people who do things impulsively will always be there.

I don't believe in abortion. At all. I do believe in Welfare. For people who NEED it as a temporary fix, or a way to get back on their feet. There are disabled people who should be able to use the welfare system.

The problem in this country is that there are many many people using this as a way of life, and passing this lifestyle onto the next generation. Hey, I get all this and I don't have to do anything in return! Cool Deal!

So, what I'd like to see is more parents teaching their children to be hard workers and be responsible for what they do. Tell them it's ok to not have sex ; and know what they are up to and who they are hanging out with! Curfews are NOT a bad thing. Monitor what they are watching on television (no, Family guy is NOT an appropriate cartoon for a 10 year old, nor should 12 and 13 year olds be watching Nip/Tuck). I'm tired of parents wanting the schools and the governments to raise their children. Be a Parent to your child, not their friend.

Abortion is just another quick fix to a "problem" that may come down the pike. There are enough forms of birth control readily available that abortion should never be necessary. If you are not ready to have a child, don't have sex. It's such a simple concept. IF you do get pregnant, then if you were grown up enough to have sex, you need to be grown up enough to follow through on that decision. Adoption is not a bad word, although in this country you'd think it was anymore.

SO if preaching parental responsibility and personal responsibilty, and the alternative of Adoption makes me a neocon, then, I will wear the label proudly.

The Widow Neocon
Band_Widow

Post Posted: Tuesday Oct 10, 2006 

Arrow

http://www.kdheks.gov/hci/05itop1.pdf

Here is an actual government document. If you study it closely, you will see that on page 7, it gives lots of information about late term abortions (after 22 weeks). None of them were done to save the life of the mother. I believe there were over 400 performed in Kansas alone last year (which according to reports is the "hotbed" of abortion activity in the USA) The numbers state that at least 240 of them were “viable” meaning there was nothing wrong with the babies that were brutally murdered. This is only ONE STATE’s numbers, so imagine how many babies are being killed for “convenience” sake throughout the country.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Late-term_abortion

This also provides some abortion facts.

The bottom line is that abortion does stop a beating heart… you can hear the baby’s heartbeat at 10 weeks, but you can see it on an ultrasound much much earlier. All nerves are developed by week 12. You know what a papercut feels like. How do you think it feels to have your limbs torn away from your body?

http://www.ncrtl.org/LifeLine.htm Here is a good guideline to the development of a baby. It can be found in any of the What to Expect when you are expecting books, the State Farm Pregnancy book, etc. (The right to life site is just the best one I found on line)

In case you are wondering, my background is in medicine and I had to take a lot of anatomy, physiology, pathophysiology, etc etc, so I approach the abortion issue from a logical, scientific standpoint, as well as moral and ethical.

SpellboundByMetal
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Post Posted: Wednesday Oct 11, 2006 

abortion= MURDER PLAIN AND SIMPLE.

www.myspace.com/keithreyn
www.myspace.com/EndOfTheSun
 Back to top »
ROCKPAGE Forum Index » Viewer Polls
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: