Against
56%
 56%  [ 37 ]
Total Votes : 66

byndrsn
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Posted: Thursday Oct 05, 2006 

Okay folks, this poll (and the other nine like it) are being done because of a political discussion that is being held in the General Discussion section of RockPage.

Let us know your stance!!!

Urbs
bassist_25

Post Posted: Thursday Oct 05, 2006 

For

If homosexuality is a sin, then that's an issue that the offenders will have to take up with God. I'm a libertarian and do not believe in legislating morality if those actions do no affect me.
Band_Widow

Post Posted: Friday Oct 06, 2006 

I'm tired of liberal judges trying to force their view of what should be "Normal" down my throat. Marriage is a man and a woman. 2 homosexuals can have their civil union or whatever, but I don't feel it should be on the same level as a union between heterosexuals. What is wrong with tradition, anyway?
Hawk
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

bassist_25 wrote:
For

If homosexuality is a sin, then that's an issue that the offenders will have to take up with God. I'm a libertarian and do not believe in legislating morality if those actions do no affect me.

So if you had an 8 to 12 year old son, and his male teacher(s) is gay, and the young boy sees that as an acceptable way of life. You don't mind if he is influenced to experiment sexually with boys when he's a teen ?

We are all affected, don't just worry about yourself, think of everyone.
Triple Threat
 Back to top »
AtoMikEnRtiA
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Location: Palmyra, Pennsylvania - Where only the Strong Survive.. kinda like New Jersey...

Hawk wrote:
bassist_25 wrote:
For

So if you had an 8 to 12 year old son, and his male teacher(s) is gay, and the young boy sees that as an acceptable way of life. You don't mind if he is influenced to experiment sexually with boys when he's a teen ?

I am, if my son is gay.. I support it.. who the fuck are you, or the government to say who can fall in love, share an apartment, create joint banking accounts, get married, and stop having sex together.. most gay couples dont marry anyways, so what the fuck is the urgency behind saying "NO!"

Im for gay marriage.. love is love..

- Keith Reyn on Chinese Waiters at IHOP
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
bassist_25

Hawk wrote:
bassist_25 wrote:
For

*LOL*

1. What his teacher does in the privacy of his own home is his own business. I wouldn't want a teacher speaking of his sexual life whether he's a homo or hetero sexual.

2. You're assuming that thre's an objectively moral standard by which to live by. Sorry but I don't believe in objective morality.

3. You are simplifying the develpmental process of a human being. I'd suggest basing some conclusion on peer-reviewed journal articles dealing with human development rather than simple hackeyned everyday deduction.
Hawk
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

The fact is. If homosexuality is recognised as normal or acceptable behavior, more kids will experiment with it, and likely later regret it.
Triple Threat
 Back to top »
RobTheDrummer
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Bill, I can't figure out if you are on the left or the right....you are a hell of a drummer though! haha
bassist_25

Hawk wrote:
The fact is. If homosexuality is recognised as normal or acceptable behavior, more kids will experiment with it, and likely later regret it.

Link to (peer-reviewed) research please.
bassist_25

RobTheDrummer wrote:
Bill, I can't figure out if you are on the left or the right....you are a hell of a drummer though! haha

I don't know Rob. I think that it can become a bad thing when you start putting people in left/right classes. I consider myself very moderate, and I think that it helps me take in information in a less unbiased way. I'm not really sure of any actual statistics, but my guess is that many people are actually more moderate than extreme left or right. Hey Kent, what was that Jon Stewart quote? "The problem is that moderates aren't running in the streets screaming 'Let's be reasonable!'"
Punkinhead
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

I need the vote for to each their own.

Neither for nor against but, not for me.
Hawk
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

RobTheDrummer wrote:

lol Rob LOL

I'm for what I think is right. And I'm open minded enough to be swayed if someone can make good points .

Bassist_25 makes a good point about moderates. We don't all have to agree, but civil dialog is good !

I read many good things the last few days, even though I might not agree right away, they make me think. And I like to think.

And actually I'm not against gays as individuals at all. It could be a genetic thing. I'm against gay marriage though. I don't like the incremental erosion of long held principles.
Triple Threat
 Back to top »
BDR

Hawk wrote:

Personally, I don't care if it's perceived as normal or acceptable behavior, I'm heterosexual and have no interest in "experimenting," nor have I ever, not even when I was a dumb kid. Based on that, I respectfully don't buy your theory.

I guess if you're gay, you're gay. Let them get married. As Atomik said, love is love, who are we to say they can't be in love and share a life together as a man and a woman do?

That's just gay. That's hella-gay.

r:>)
Hawk
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Post Posted: Saturday Oct 07, 2006 

BadDazeRob wrote:
Hawk wrote:

Personally, I don't care if it's perceived as normal or acceptable behavior, I'm heterosexual and have no interest in "experimenting," nor have I ever, not even when I was a dumb kid. Based on that, I respectfully don't buy your theory.

I guess if you're gay, you're gay. Let them get married. As Atomik said, love is love, who are we to say they can't be in love and share a life together as a man and a woman do?

Just because YOU were not influenced as a dumb kid has nothing to do with the fact that others will. Don't assume anything based on what YOU would do.

I don't believe they belong in combat military either. It creates too much tension among the troops.
Triple Threat
 Back to top »
FretBored
Gold Member
Gold Member

Hawk wrote:
BadDazeRob wrote:
Hawk wrote:

Just because YOU were not influenced as a dumb kid has nothing to do with the fact that others will. Don't assume anything based on what YOU would do.

I don't believe they belong in combat military either. It creates too much tension among the troops.

If we could get an army of women in sync. for that time of the month, and send them into battle, they would kick some ass... big time.
 Back to top »
FretBored
Gold Member
Gold Member

Oh bye the way I don't care what they do.

Interesting about the gays getting insurance and other benifits for their signifant others? Did that law pass?
 Back to top »
BDR

Post Posted: Monday Oct 09, 2006 

Hawk wrote:

With all due respect, Hawk, during any debate, no matter the topic, I draw conclusions based on how I would react, as I consider myself a reasonable, average American person. Your above quote has been your argument in every instance when someone has expressed a viewpoint that has differed from your own. How else would you suggest people make a counterpoint, by using ESP to determine what others are thinkingg? It's unreasonable to expect people to figure out what's going through other people's minds ... that type of testimony isn't admissable as evidence in a court of law ...

My personal value system dictates my opinion on every topic. My mantra is, live a life that makes me happy — do whatever, strive for whatever — as long as it does not infringe on others' rights to do the same. If someone's gay, as long as they're not trying to tap my ass, then it's fine with me.

The "Jerry Falwells" of the world make me sick in that they feel they have been ordained by God to set the moral compass for strangers based on their own personal values. In a free country, this attitude is, for lack of a better word, bullshit.

Hawk wrote:

One word: Homophobia. If it bothers you to be around a gay person, then it's you who has the problem, not the gay person (unless, as I said, they're hitting on you, but I'm betting in a foxhole, the gay soldier is just as concerned about the bombs and bullets as the straight guy and is not looking for a date at the time).

I’ve worked with gay people and it didn’t impact my ability to do my job. I know, I know ...

Hawk wrote:
Don't assume anything based on what YOU would do.

bfoust
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Hawk wrote:

And actually I'm not against gays as individuals at all. It could be a genetic thing. I'm against gay marriage though. I don't like the incremental erosion of long held principles.

Same
 Back to top »
Hawk
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

BadDazeRob wrote:
Hawk wrote:

With all due respect, Hawk, during any debate, no matter the topic, I draw conclusions based on how I would react, as I consider myself a reasonable, average American person. Your above quote has been your argument in every instance when someone has expressed a viewpoint that has differed from your own. How else would you suggest people make a counterpoint, by using ESP to determine what others are thinking? It's unreasonable to expect people to figure out what's going through other people's minds ... that type of testimony isn't admissible as evidence in a court of law ...

My personal value system dictates my opinion on every topic. My mantra is, live a life that makes me happy — do whatever, strive for whatever — as long as it does not infringe on others' rights to do the same. If some one's gay, as long as they're not trying to tap my ass, then it's fine with me.

The "Jerry Falwells" of the world make me sick in that they feel they have been ordained by God to set the moral compass for strangers based on their own personal values. In a free country, this attitude is, for lack of a better word, bullshit.

Hawk wrote:

One word: Homophobia. If it bothers you to be around a gay person, then it's you who has the problem, not the gay person (unless, as I said, they're hitting on you, but I'm betting in a foxhole, the gay soldier is just as concerned about the bombs and bullets as the straight guy and is not looking for a date at the time).

I’ve worked with gay people and it didn’t impact my ability to do my job. I know, I know ...

Hawk wrote:
Don't assume anything based on what YOU would do.

I'm not against gays at all. Stupid cliche, but I have gay friends. But in combat military groups there can be complications.

You have to base some views on what children or others might do. As a teen, I had friends who routinely sniffed glue. I didn't. I would be for keeping things kids can sniff to get high out of their hands. DO YOU GET IT NOW ? I'm not basing a point of view on what I would do. But what others might do. You have to think beyond your self. It doesn't take ESP !

You call yourself a reasonable average American. Do you believe everyone else is reasonable or reasons the same as you ? Is everyone average ? Average in intelligence, common sence , decision making etc. ?

So you HAVE to look at the whole picture .

Damn right my view points are not based on what I think I would do ! But on what others are doing .

I don't pay much attention to Fallwell and his like. Their job is to teach , not to judge. And they cross that line all if the time .
Triple Threat
 Back to top »
lonewolf
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

There are 2 points to make here.

1. Marriage falls under the auspices of religion, not government. Presently, it is defined by all churches as the union between a man and a woman. Its up to all the churches to decide whether they want to extend this condition to gays, not up to the government. If the Pope says no gay marriage, there is no gay marriage.

2. Unfortunately, government has an existing civil recognition of this religious condition and the real issue here is whether government should extend this to sanction civil unions.

Apparently the "wall of separation between chuch and state" didn't apply to marriage since all U.S. common law recognizes the religious condition of marriage. This is government's special acknowledgement of a religious condition, not a civil or secular one.

Since the government does not recognize other forms of civil union such as cohabitant persons and religion does not recognize marriage for gays, then gays should not be extended any special consideration.
ToonaRockGuy
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

"People are people, so why should it be..
You and I should get along so awfully"

-Depeche Mode

If two men or two women are in love and want to get married, who are we to stop them? More power to ya.
SpellboundByMetal
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Post Posted: Wednesday Oct 11, 2006 

gays should not be allowed to get married. stick to cheek splitting. my uncle is gay, if he ever says anything abouit marrying a dude, ill kick his fruity ass.
im not a gay supporter. i cant see how another guy would look at a dude's ass and want to grab it. come on!!!!

www.myspace.com/keithreyn
www.myspace.com/EndOfTheSun
 Back to top »
BDR

Post Posted: Thursday Oct 12, 2006 

SpellboundByMetal wrote:
im not a gay supporter. i cant see how another guy would look at a dude's ass and want to grab it. come on!!!!

I couldn't agree with this more. In my opinion, being gay makes no sense and is just downright weird.

But, all I'm saying is, who am I to say that someone else can't get married if they want to? Gays getting married affects me not at all so why should I be concerned with it or speak out against it? It's none of my business.

SpellboundByMetal
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

marriage is between a man and a woman...i mean, thats what it is...if gays NEED to get married...call it something else like "eternal plugging" or something. why dont they invent their own little ceremony??
that way, KY, gerbils and nipple clamps can all be used and no one will feel out of place.

seriously...would they be taking the other's names?? that is SOOOO GAY!!!!
gays need to try not to be so damn gay.

www.myspace.com/keithreyn
www.myspace.com/EndOfTheSun
 Back to top »
BDR

SpellboundByMetal wrote:
marriage is between a man and a woman...i mean, thats what it is...if gays NEED to get married...call it something else like "eternal plugging" or something. why dont they invent their own little ceremony??
that way, KY, gerbils and nipple clamps can all be used and no one will feel out of place.

seriously...would they be taking the other's names?? that is SOOOO GAY!!!!
gays need to try not to be so damn gay.

This entire post made me fall out of my chair ... I can't f@#king breathe!!! LOFL!!!! Laughing Very Happy Surprised Laughing Very Happy Surprised Laughing Very Happy Surprised Laughing Very Happy Surprised

ROCKPAGE Forum Index » Viewer Polls
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: