Other...
15%
 15%  [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 79

Bloodsong
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Posted: Friday Jan 08, 2010 

i just tried a Blackstar H Series and it was really cool... all the pluses of a Marshall, with none of the drawbacks and way more gain...
 Back to top »
Jasaoke
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Posted: Tuesday Oct 26, 2010 

I'm all about the Line 6 PODs. I got an X3 Live about 2 years ago and it is the best thing ever. It models over 100 different amps, something like 50 different cabs, and a FULL array of effects. (Bass, too) And it models them well. Does it sound 'exactly' like the real thing? I can't say; I've never been in a room with all that gear. (or even half of it) But now I can carry it all with one hand! It has some great standard models (Twin Reverb, Marshall Plexi, JCMs), a great selection of high-gain (Bogner, Mesa, Soldano) and a bunch of rare and vintage stuff, too (Orange, Dumble, Cornford).
Way more sounds than you'll ever use but more than enough to find something perfect for any application.
Wow, I sound like an advertisement.
My favorite amp is not an amp!!
 Back to top »
funkmeister

Post Posted: Tuesday Feb 15, 2011 

For overall sound and reliability I go with Fender - most universal "texture" in any mix with enough models to custom fit your genre. Love the mid-power combos like Deluxe Reverb/Pro Reverb/Vibroluxe Reverb for R&B or Blues, Twin Reverbs for twangy clean Country and the old piggy back Bassmans, Showmans and Tremolux for heavier stuff - although my latest cutiosity is an old early 60's Danelectro 6V6-powered combo that has this great "brown" sound, combined with a little high-end bite that kick serious ass for a 20-watter. Just goes to prove there are lots of great amps out there. Anybody have an old Supro? great amp!![quote][/quote]
 Back to top »
riksylvania
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Posted: Monday Sep 12, 2011 

MONGO wrote:
I have played through hundreds of amps and must vote for dr z amps.. they make a wide variety i prefer the maz 38 with reverb..

Dr. Z amps are awesome amps! Those 2 10 combos are the shiznat. That is still one of Brad Paisley's live and recording amps. Dennis from Lords Of The Highway plays one, and Jimbo the bass player used to work at the Dr. Z shop building them in the Cleveland area. (don't think he still does)

I have a Cox Tweed Deluxe. 12 watts, Class A power, point to point hand-soldered. It has a volume knob and a tone knob. It's fantastic, warm, and loud. Brian Cox makes these things one at a time, and he makes other awesome boutique replicas that sound great (from what I can tell on youtube, anyway). I am eventually going to get a Champ from him to use in the studio, as a 12 watt amp cranked is WAY too loud for the studio)

Tom Johnson has been playing his Tone King 18 watter at practice, and it has a Black Face Channel and a Tweed Channel. Much more clean headroom than mine, for sure.

My bass amp is a Carvin Preamp with a Crest power amp. It's not bad, but I'm looking for a tube rig.

I sold 2 amps that I regret: a 1970 Bassman Ten EXACTLY like the one Dave Villani has in his studio, and a 1970s Acoustic Bass Head. both were awesome and I should have never sold them.
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
riksylvania
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Posted: Monday Sep 12, 2011 

bassist_25 wrote:
While I've been using my Hartke HyDrive for most of my recent gigs, I'm just too attached to my Ags to sell them.

I was reading your older posts on those HyDrive cabs, and it's what convinced me to get one. I had to get a cleaner sounding cab (cleaner than my Eden 2 15 cab. I love it for electric, it's very 70s Grand Funk farty, but it's terrible for an upright.) I also don't like a real punchy tone, more transparent and low end-y is my thing. I got the 8 10 though, so I don't have to reach down to grab my beer. Wink
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
ROCKPAGE Forum Index » Viewer Polls
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: