· Home
· Band Pages
· Show Schedule
· The Forums
· The Final Cut
Click here if you want live entertainment to survive!!!
Go to page 1, 2  Next
ROCKPAGE Forum Index » The Law
previous topic :: next topic  
bassist_25

Post Posted: Friday Jan 13, 2006 

Meeting
Magoo's in Cresson
Sunday, January 29th
5 P.M.

With the recent PLCB tactics, it's becoming apparent that many of our beloved establishments are choosing to desist with live entertainment.

For the past two years, we've talked and talked and talked, yet, we couldn't even agree on a date and venue to go discuss a stratedgy. Well, I'm going to propose a date and venue, because I, for one, am sick of talking.

I believe that the most fair amendment would be to have an objective standard to measure what is considered "too loud" or noise pollution (that's not my idea. Kudos who ever first said that). We need research to show the local government how much revenue it loses in taxes when it shuts down a venue.

Give your suggestions on a date and venue. I want to schedule a meeting within the next week or two. I WILL BE SETTING A DATE! We've talked for two years, not it's time to see what we can do.

Last edited by bassist_25 on Tuesday Jan 17, 2006; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
Big Jim

Post Posted: Friday Jan 13, 2006 

Could we do a Sunday afternoon or early evening, maybe after the Super Bowl, or if there's a week off between playoffs and the big one, that would work. Would that work best for most?
 Back to top »
bassist_25

Post Posted: Saturday Jan 14, 2006 

A Sunday would be great. I could set up a date the first week of February; that way nobody has to miss due to football season.
Jim Price

Sunday before the Super Bowl works for me as long as it is before 7 PM. But count me in if that works, action of some sort needs to be taken, even just preliminary just to get the ball rolling.

If things continue as they are, we might have to commit crimes to be able to go see Felix & the Hurricanes play during their state prison tour, because no bars will be able to hire them!

http://pamusician.net
 Back to top »
HurricaneBob
AA Member
AA Member

Noooo! Ill be there! Cant have that Jim! Sad
 Back to top »
bassist_25

So far, I've picked the date of January 29th (Big Jim says there's not football on that date). Anybody have any suggestions for a meeting place?
ToonaRockGuy
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

How about Pelligrine's, or The Hitching Post? They'll both be open that day, I think The Post opens at 4PM, but Pellys has more parking.
Big Jim

If we could get the downstairs room at the Hitching Post that would be great for a group of 30 or so. Plus we would not have regular patrons to deal with (privacy). No loud TVs etc. Let's do it.
 Back to top »
tonefight
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

The Altoona area places are great but you may want to think about coverage, in my opinion johnstown area has been hit quit hard so you may want to find a common ground and team up, I'm in the middle so it doesn't matter to me.
Big Jim

Oops, two posts in a row (there's no law, is there?). It would be awesome to have those who've done lots of groundwork in the past year or so (Vinnie, Lonewolf, & others) and tavern owners (especially those directly affected...Cambria Co Owner who posted, Big John who's had difficulties, Warehouse in Bedford, etc. others who've had "raids" & shutdowns either represented at the meetings to relate their experiences or provide the documents drawn up, etc. so we can build from there.

Believe me, if you haven't had your band directly affected yet (or even playing the club after a previous raid and finding low attendance), you will.
 Back to top »
lonewolf
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Deja Vu all over again?

I would like to make this clear that all of these PLCB shutdowns have occurred in one 9-county PLCB district. Whether its Huntingdon or Johnstown or Somerset or Altoona, this is all based out of Hollidaysburg.

Think about that. One rogue district abusing a vague rule.
lonewolf
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

ToonaRockGuy wrote:
How about Pelligrine's, or The Hitching Post? They'll both be open that day, I think The Post opens at 4PM, but Pellys has more parking.

Forget the Post
Jim Price

Post Posted: Sunday Jan 15, 2006 

As a possible meeting place equidistant for both the Blair and Cambria County communities, how about Magoo's in Cresson? (Of course, we'd have to hope the weather cooperates...)

http://pamusician.net
 Back to top »
bassist_25

I'm very open to all of these suggestions. But first, I would like an owner's blessing. The reason is because this is a somewhat senstive issue, and I would't want a bar owner to feel the he/she would be threatened if a group is getting together to discuss the PLCB. If any of you could talk to the owners, it would be greatly appreciated.

Keep the thoughts rolling!

I'm thinking of shooting for a 5 o'clock meeting.
GUITARII
Gold Member
Gold Member

Paul.... I'm definitely in. I don't think that Magoo's would have a problem with this and would be willing to get in touch with Steph to find out....

www.facebook.com/lockednloaded2012
 Back to top »
tonefight
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Magoo's would be a good place for both johnstown and Altoona folk to meet, I know one owner that may be interested in showing up to the meeting.
bassist_25

Cool, Dan! Talk to Steph and let me know. Magoo's is definatley a good idea for the reason Tony stated.
bassist4life2004
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

hey, id be up for a meeting also. we have to do something about this. Let me know when and where and ill be there.

CHECK US OUT!!
 Back to top »
GUITARII
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Posted: Monday Jan 16, 2006 

Hey all.... Steph is cool with letting the rockpagers and anyone else interested use Magoo's in Cresson to have the meeting. We'll be looking at January 29th correct? 5pm?

The only thing that Steph would like is an approximate number of people coming so that she can staff the bar with more than one beverage provider if needed.... So, is the meeting a go?

Think about this, as I've had several conversations with a lot of other musicians and club owners on this subject over the last few days, nothing will be accomplished with a few people. It won't even be worth the effort with a few. This affects everyone in the long run! So, if you're only on here to post your opinion and not get involved... at all... then don't waste the time of posting on this subject, please.... we need everyone to be commited to this process!

To those that stepped forward before, to make an effort on behalf of us all, I want to personally apologize for not having the stones or the passion to stand beside you! I am here now, and will remain committed to everyone willing to get involved so long as we all "BAND" together and work toward the good of the cause. Lead now! I believe there are enough people ready to get involved! We need everyone's help, knowledge, and experience if we're going to get anywhere.

So.... who's coming to Magoo's on the 29th? How important is playing out and doing what you really love on a regular basis? Think about it.... because before too long, if this vendetta continues, there won't be any place to play..... your kids band will never get out of the garage, and the fact is, if you're not willing to get involved in even the smallest way, you might as well be working against us because this is going to take A LOT of support from everyone.

And that's all I have to say about that....... Wink

Back to top »
tonefight
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Post Posted: Tuesday Jan 17, 2006 

I'll have to work something out but should be there, I'll let a few other people know that may be interested.
bassist_25

Cool, thanks for doing the footwork, Dan.

Meeting
Magoo's in Cresson
Sunday, January 29th
5 P.M.

AtoMikEnRtiA
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Location: Palmyra, Pennsylvania - Where only the Strong Survive.. kinda like New Jersey...

as somebody not old enough to partake in the meeting, yet old enough to see an in-justice here, i wish to offer you all my support.. my only request is this..

would it be possible, (and with it being rockpage, it'll prolly happen) to somehow receive a re-cap, or a transcript of some sort of what transpired on rockpage shortly there-after. this way those of us who are unable to make it, can see what is going on, and offer suggestions, support or concerns. if not that's cool. you all have my support.
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
byndrsn
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

AtoMikEnRtiA wrote:
as somebody not old enough to partake in the meeting, yet old enough to see an in-justice here, i wish to offer you all my support.. my only request is this..

would it be possible, (and with it being rockpage, it'll prolly happen) to somehow receive a re-cap, or a transcript of some sort of what transpired on rockpage shortly there-after. this way those of us who are unable to make it, can see what is going on, and offer suggestions, support or concerns. if not that's cool. you all have my support.

How old are you?
GUITARII
Gold Member
Gold Member

AtoMikEnRtiA wrote:
as somebody not old enough to partake in the meeting, yet old enough to see an in-justice here

If you're 18, you can attend if you want. The meeting is before 8pm as long as you don't sit at the bar! Cool

I'm not 100% on that but am pretty sure.... I think, maybe... Anyone know for sure?

In either case.... we will definitely keep everyone informed but we need active participation from everyone to get anywhere and whoever gets involved have to be in for the long haul because nothing is gonna change overnight.

Back to top »
AtoMikEnRtiA
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Location: Palmyra, Pennsylvania - Where only the Strong Survive.. kinda like New Jersey...

byndrsn wrote:
AtoMikEnRtiA wrote:

How old are you?

Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
ROCKPAGE Forum Index » The Law
Go to page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: