Marijuana's moving!

Moderators: Ron, Jim Price

RamRod 1
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Marijuana's moving!

Post by RamRod 1 »

http://blog.mpp.org/prohibition/another ... /11062013/

The link above states that the city of Portland Maine just voted full blown pot legilzation for adults.

Two years ago a buddy and I stopped at a Pizza Shop in downtown Portland Maine around 10 o'clock at night for a couple of slices and while we were waiting an extreamly drunk guy started getting out of control with me. He called me a racial slur and spilled beer all over me. After he knocked over a table and got out the door, the clerk thanked me for handeling the situation so well and then said, "You know, the Pot Heads never cause any trouble. They just buy a lot of Pizza!"
MistValkyrie
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Marijuana's moving!

Post by MistValkyrie »

RamRod 1 wrote:"You know, the Pot Heads never cause any trouble. They just buy a lot of Pizza!"

lol...I believe it! That's great, small strides, but strides nonetheless
"My bass feels seaworthy"
RamRod 1
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by RamRod 1 »

The country of Uruguary in South America goes "Full Blown". First country in the world.

http://www.drugpolicy.org/blog/finally- ... alizes-pot
Dark Soul
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dark Soul »

Awesome! I love that story, Ram, and totally agree with it. Even with people I'm friends with, alcohol turns them into blathering obnoxious idiots and I usually find myself wishing they'd drink themselves into unconsciousness. Alcohol turns people into assholes. Maybe that's why there are so many of them around here. Nothing else to do in this town but go to the bar and get drunk.
"This above all: to thine own self be true."
~Polonius, Shakespeare's 'Hamlet'
KeithReynolds
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Post by KeithReynolds »

Personally, I dont need approval from our nazi G-men telling me what im allowed to do with my own body with something natural.
We atleast need decriminalization for that as a society.
RamRod 1
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by RamRod 1 »

KEITH said"
Personally, I dont need approval from our nazi G-men telling me what im allowed to do with my own body with something natural.
I'm happy that your not in my position. My job which provides hospitalization for my family requires Random Drug tests. I'd love to get high like in the old days but my family needs to come first.

It's so stupid. If I get high on a Friday night, that has nothing to do with me driving a bus 3 weeks from now but that's the law right now.
Jasaoke
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Jasaoke »

The problem is testing. Urine tests prove that someone smoked within about 2 months. Aside from a blood test, there is very little that can be done to prove that someone is CURRENTLY under the influence or not.

When I worked for places that tested, I always figured that if they came for me, I'd insist on a blood test. I don't know if that would float or not.

Then you've got things like cocaine that can only be detected for a couple of days, and my understanding is that LSD doesn't show up in drug screening at all.

If employers are truly concerned about safety and productivity, they should test for chronic alcohol use and smartphone use. I'd much rather ride in a bus with a high driver than a hungover driver.

But the tide is turning. I heard on the radio the other day that there has been decriminalization legislation introduced in New York state, as well.
whitedevilone
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Post by whitedevilone »

The only erosion of liberty you're worried about is getting high?Fucking sad.Place head firmly back in ass and carry on. :roll:
NailDriver

Only fools stand up and lay down their arms.
MistValkyrie
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MistValkyrie »

Jasaoke wrote:If employers are truly concerned about safety and productivity, they should test for chronic alcohol use and smartphone use. I'd much rather ride in a bus with a high driver than a hungover driver.
I don't know how you'd enforce them on a regular basis, but otherwise that's one of the best ideas ever!
MistValkyrie
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MistValkyrie »

whitedevilone wrote:The only erosion of liberty you're worried about is getting high?
yeah, I'm pretty sure that just because THIS thread deals specifically with pot legalization, that doesn't mean anyone who comments on this thread is only concerned about the "freedom" to get high whenever we want. I know most of the people who have commented on this thread IRL and they're all pretty responsible, complex people who's main concern is not always where they're going to get their next fix from. There's other things to consider when talking about pot legalization than just thinking anyone who wants it is just a worthless hippie pot-head with no goals in life. There's the issue of criminalization of non-criminals and all of the costs to the taxpayers associated with doing that; there's the medicinal aspects of it especially for people who are cancer patients and would have an easier time on their chemo treatments if they had access to weed. And then there's the over-arching fact that the US government denied access to weed for their own reasons, not for the good of the people, as they would lead you to believe. The government has spent a ton of money for decades now trying to convince the public that weed will destroy you, where in actuality it's been shown to be safer in long-term and short-term use that cigarettes and alcohol, respectively. The reason behind pot criminalization wasn't for anyone's good, it was to keep the owners of large businesses (people have mentioned the paper industry and textiles) who had their hands in the government at the time, happy and continuing to make a shit-ton of money that the use of hemp would have stopped. So no, I'm not so narrow-minded to consider not being able to get high legally the only imposition of my freedoms that I have to deal with, but being an advocate of de-criminalization is just one part of that fight. It is because it's ridiculous that the government would still be pulling this shit on us almost 100 years after the fact and punishing people for using one thing that's really not so bad, but letting the populace legally partake in other things that WILL destroy their bodies in worse ways and quickly.
Dark Soul
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dark Soul »

whitedevilone wrote:The only erosion of liberty you're worried about is getting high?Fucking sad.Place head firmly back in ass and carry on. :roll:
Where the hell did that come from? Because we're discussing a certain liberty we feel we're entitled to you assume that's the only liberty we care about? Might wanna scrub that brown ring off your neck because I think you're the one with his head up his ass.
"This above all: to thine own self be true."
~Polonius, Shakespeare's 'Hamlet'
KeithReynolds
Diamond Member
Diamond Member

Post by KeithReynolds »

whitedevilone wrote:The only erosion of liberty you're worried about is getting high?Fucking sad.Place head firmly back in ass and carry on. :roll:

Thats what the thread is about, right? :lol: :lol: :lol:
shredder138
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by shredder138 »

Dark Soul wrote:
Where the hell did that come from? Because we're discussing a certain liberty we feel we're entitled to you assume that's the only liberty we care about? Might wanna scrub that brown ring off your neck because I think you're the one with his head up his ass.
+1

Post by songsmith »

Most of the rest of the "erosion of liberty" is only in your pickled brain. If the talkshow hosts wouldn't keep hammering the imaginary "injustices" at the hands of blackdevilone, you wouldn't even notice.
Go play with your guns, the ones Oobawma was taking away from you a year ago, the grown-ups are talking here. I'm sure undercoverjoe is lonely, and needs someone to commiserate with.
Happy Holidays.
MistValkyrie
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MistValkyrie »

songsmith wrote:
Most of the rest of the "erosion of liberty" is only in your pickled brain. If the talkshow hosts wouldn't keep hammering the imaginary "injustices" at the hands of blackdevilone, you wouldn't even notice.
Go play with your guns, the ones Oobawma was taking away from you a year ago, the grown-ups are talking here. I'm sure undercoverjoe is lonely, and needs someone to commiserate with.
Happy Holidays.
holy crap, dude! :lol: Double internet high fives for you, Songsmith!
RamRod 1
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Pot's "Year in review".

Post by RamRod 1 »

"The year in review".

This vid sounds good but remember, pot will never legalize itself.

GET INVOLVED!

Check it out.

https://secure2.convio.net/mpp/site/Don ... E13DM0119X
RamRod 1
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by RamRod 1 »

New Hampshire takes a big step! I just sent them 10 bucks.

http://blog.mpp.org/tax-and-regulate/n- ... /01152014/

Even a little action on medical here in Pa. Email your representitive in the 2nd link below. They need to hear.

http://blog.mpp.org/medical-marijuana/p ... /01152014/

https://secure2.convio.net/mpp/site/Adv ... on&id=2213
MistValkyrie
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MistValkyrie »

Thanks for posting that link to the Petition. I think it's great that PA is getting so much bipartisan support for a medical marijuana bill. I know Corbett is very much opposed to any kind of legalization of marijuana but I'm hoping with so much support behind it he'll start to soften a little bit on his stance.
RamRod 1
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by RamRod 1 »

I wouldn't worry about Corbett. Should the Med thing get going in Pa, it will probably take a few years and I doubt he'll still be governor by then. We'll see.
UNEARTHA7XMatt
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by UNEARTHA7XMatt »

Legalize it!!!! Songsmith quit being a douche!
We got all highed Up and somebody put the car in the Pool!